SAHMs - stuff outside home

jenny82

Reaction score
Hellos, I was just wondering what other SAHMs do outside out being a SAHM? I am quite proactive in making sure I don't get bored, as it happens to me really easily. The only problem is now I think I've gotten myself into doing too much and I can't keep on top of anything. Plus pregnancy and exhaustion means the evenings I plan to do stuff, I end up doing nothing :dohh:

I volunteer with an arts charity. Nothing outside the home atm but I do some admin & some social media stuff for them. I was going to do a whole month of stuff in December but thankfully someone else volunteered, which made me so happy :/

I also am studying for a graduate diploma. Supposed to be doing 2 nights per week atm but I struggle to get one night in.

Am on the committee for my LO's pre-school which is a bit more work than I thought it'd be. I may have also signed up to be treasurer which looks to also be more work. I don't mind doing it, its just time time time! :/

I also do yoga one night a week and my OH's accounts as well (which are behind anyway).

I am getting a bit overwhelmed with stuff as I really only have 2-3 hours in the evenings to do anything before I need my bed. We've had visitors every 1-2 weekends since we moved so I don't get time at the weekends (or if I do get a break, I sleep) and birthdays etc which take up time. What does everyone else do? Am I just a crazy person who has over-extended herself? :dohh:

When do you find time to sleep?! :haha:

I manage the household on my own with hubby gone, take care of baby 24/7, I'm doing an online program for Medical Coding/Billing (so I don't have a big gap on my resume), and trying to start my own crafting business. I usually don't get to sleep until after 1 AM most nights. But at least the days fly by!

I get loads of sleep, that's the problem! :haha: I am too tired to do anything past 10pm.

I may just give up the arts stuff after Christmas. When everything starts getting stressful, it's not fn!

Wow you do a lot! All I do outside the home is my weekly poker game.

Once the kids are in bed I do nothing! Apart from maybe fold some clothes or make packed lunches and I usually even leave that til the next morning!

I do pole once a week and sewing once a week. Apart from that not much.

Wow you do alot, i do all housework (though dh happy to help when asked) cook all meals, look after lo 24 7 lol so dont really have alot of free time, when lo is asleep i spend time with dh, read, maybe watch tv. She only goes to sleep for me and gets upset with others so dont go out. Im a home body anyway lol. I do a bit of tutoring but to be honest i am never away from lo. I am not looking forward to her going to nursery.

I'm never away from my kids either and do everything around here, have no where to escape to and no one to look after them if I did find somewhere to escape to :haha:

I was freaking out a while back about having so little to do with my life and now I have overcompensated. Oops.. :/. Definitely will cut back after Christmas then, or become better organised...

I do a full time degree from home which is a big time consumer. Also recently set up a very small business so will be working on that a lot hopefully. I'm a little bit involved in politics in our area and have looked in to volunteering for a crisis helpline but that really is gonna depend on time. Would absolutely love to start rock climbing again as a social outlet but it's so expensive I can't see it happening soon!

I don't do much outside the home. I take PJ to food therapy 2 sometimes 3 days a week and I was going for almost daily monitoring when going through our most recent IVF cycle. I'll go to the stores and browse. Occasionally I'll get together with a friend or my cousin.

On my spare time (meaning when PJ's in bed) I work on my jewelry.

I go the gym 3-4 times a week in the morning, I visit my mum once a week, I see some friends in the morning, I cook before kiddo is back from school, in the afternoon we go to 2 classes per week, but in Jan he will start a swimming class in school & I have to be there. I'm doing NLP & NLP practitioner courses in a ddition to a degree in health & nutrition coaching, by 10 pm I'm dead tired & all what I think of is going to bed. I want to start a blog & fb page about healthy eating & lifestyle changing soon.

Outside of being a sahm I do absolutely nothing! Everything I do is around the family,the only time I'm ever alone is to do the weekly shop and a quick shower every other day.

Oh god you make me feel like I should be doing so much more :haha: I'm doing a psychology degree with OU which keeps my brain from totally melting I guess. In the New Year I'm going to start looking properly for a PT job as well, I really feel like I need to start working again.

I don't have that many hobbies tbh I guess I'm a bit rubbish. Inside the house I play the piano and am slowwllyyyy writing a really crap novel. I do do yoga as well but you are making me feel like an extremely lazy person :haha: Socially I have a lot going on though, I go to London on my own every fortnight to catch up with all my friends and I usually have friends come visit on the weekends that I have Ivy.

I do all cleaning,cooking and 3x school run each day (Owen only does mornings),run,swim or badminton when I get time.Slimming world on thursdays and parents coffee morning at school on fridays,shopping,visiting my gran at least once a week,and I have put in my crb form to volunteer at the school 2/3 mornings a week.I like being busy and get bored in the house.

Oh god you make me feel like I should be doing so much more :haha: I'm doing a psychology degree with OU which keeps my brain from totally melting I guess. In the New Year I'm going to start looking properly for a PT job as well, I really feel like I need to start working again.

I don't have that many hobbies tbh I guess I'm a bit rubbish. Inside the house I play the piano and am slowwllyyyy writing a really crap novel. I do do yoga as well but you are making me feel like an extremely lazy person :haha: Socially I have a lot going on though, I go to London on my own every fortnight to catch up with all my friends and I usually have friends come visit on the weekends that I have Ivy.

Pfft don't allow me to make you feel bad, I'm not exactly keeping on top of everything! :dohh:

See, I lost my social life with moving. It will hopefully come back at some stage, but in the meantime I have nothing! We have had lots of family visit so our weekends are usually jam-packed (I wouldn't say that family = social life haha). My girlfriends from home are all visiting next weekend for my birthday though so I am really very very excited. I just wish I could be drinking with them! :)

I do all cleaning,cooking and 3x school run each day (Owen only does mornings),run,swim or badminton when I get time.Slimming world on thursdays and parents coffee morning at school on fridays,shopping,visiting my gran at least once a week,and I have put in my crb form to volunteer at the school 2/3 mornings a week.I like being busy and get bored in the house.

I am the same! I hate being bored around the house. I don't really watch TV and being at home with the kids all day, cooking, cleaning etc, is fun but it drains my brain a bit. I need something to keep me on my toes :)

I have volunteered at my LO's school once but I really need my name down to do a few more mornings :thumbup:

I bake (cupcake business) and I geek up on my photography as trying to improve my skills. We have friends round most weekends and I try and go out and let my hair down when I can (night out 2 weeks ago, day in bath with the girls last weekend etc). I play xbox, I read, I study, I research, I go online. I watch movies, I make plans. I throw little kids parties and events which, while being a SAHM, is fun to plan and a hobby. I like to go walking alone when I can.

The best thing I did though was work to find a couple of SAHM friends that are friends first to me, SAHMs and having kids is an add on. So we can do play dates and rather than it be just baby chatter and the like we can have a proper natter and catch up. We do girls movie nights when we can too. Xx

I dance twice a week, see my friends when I get the opportunity, used to go to the gym but my motivation got lost when the evenings got darker. Go for runs, sometimes! Not much else at the moment, though. Jacob's not very 'settled' in pre school so I don't have the confidence to commit to much when he's there at the moment. I do want to continue my studies and possibly volunteer with animals when I can.

I got to a weightloss class every thurs, from 8 till 10 and once a month go to the cinema with friends. Occasionally I pop to the pub with them too on a weeknight, my dh stays in and enjoys time to play on the PC! He's not a big cinema film so is quite happy to stay behind!
I horse ride once or twice a month in the weekdays, my mum looks after lo.
My mil has lo tonight, so both me and dh went out with friends :)
Other then that not much really, I'm out all day with lo, clean, cook, toddler groups and see Nct friends in the weekdays.. Weeknights I mainly cuddle up to dh and watch TV or a movie with him and chat about our day, eat dinner together etc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->