Salmon too dry for LO...what can i do?!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
My LO used to love eating salmon but now all of a sudden he keeps chwing it and taking it back out of his mouth...is there anything i can do so it is not too dry and chewy for him? xx

how do u cook it?

i cooke mine in foil brushed with olive oil and with a tbsp water inside the foil, then all loosely wrapped up, it comes out lovely

x

I don't really know much about cooking it but could you maybe try it with a little cheese sauce to make it less dry?

I would play around with some different recipes...I know www.weelicious.com has a few different ways to do salmon. But most websites will have ideas...try cooking it with a sauce or something like that.

how do u cook it?

i cooke mine in foil brushed with olive oil and with a tbsp water inside the foil, then all loosely wrapped up, it comes out lovely

x

I usually steam mine hun...

That website is fab! thanks xx

i usually mix it with cheese and veg sauce along with pototoes! hope this helps! xxx

i usually mix it with cheese and veg sauce along with pototoes! hope this helps! xxx

Thanks for that hun...do you make your own veg sauce? If so if you dont mind me asking...how?

I've done salmon with a chive sauce from the annabel karmel recipe book. I'll add it when I get the LO to bed!!! He loved it :)

Salmon with a Creamy Chive Sauce
From Annabel Karmel's New Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner

Says it makes 5 portions but I didn't get that many from it... maybe my LO is a greedy guts!
Salmon
8oz fillet salmon
1dessertspoon of lemon juice
1/2 small onion, peeled and sliced
1/2 bay leaf
1 small tomato cut into chunks
1 sprig fresh parsley
a little butter

Chive Sauce
15g / 2oz butter
1 tbsp plain flour
150ml / 5 fl oz milk
Cooking liquid from the fish
1 dessertspoon fresh chives, snipped!

Wrap the salmon in aluminium foil with the rest of the ingredients and bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees C / gas mark 4 for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, make a white sauce using the butter, flour and milk.
Once the salmon is cooked, remove it from the foil, strain off the cooking liquid an add this to the white sauce. Finally, stir in the chives. Flake the salmon and pour the chive sauce over it.

It is quite easy, I don't like fish but this one was def easy to do even for me!!!

Thankyou so much hun :hugs: Step by step just how i need it :dohh: Iv got a few of the annabel karmel books but they mainly have the puree recipes. :thumbup: Thanks again hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->