Samantha Womack quits eastenders

To be honest I wouldn't of agreed to even film the scenes if I was so upset by it :| I know it's her job to be an actress but they upped her pay because they obviously had to plead her to stay.

She didn't need to be involved in that storyline at all. Ronnie could of gone on to have her baby, and the storyline could of been focused on Kat and Alfie actually losing their baby to SIDS, this would of rose more awareness on the topic. Any awareness of SIDS has been taken away now by the ridiculous baby swap storyline!

I agree, she was leaving anyway as she wanted to spend more time with her kids, nothing to do with the uproar or ratings but yeah why would you take more pay if you disagreed with the script so strongly :shrug:

To be honest I wouldn't of agreed to even film the scenes if I was so upset by it :| I know it's her job to be an actress but they upped her pay because they obviously had to plead her to stay.

She didn't need to be involved in that storyline at all. Ronnie could of gone on to have her baby, and the storyline could of been focused on Kat and Alfie actually losing their baby to SIDS, this would of rose more awareness on the topic. Any awareness of SIDS has been taken away now by the ridiculous baby swap storyline!

I agree, she was leaving anyway as she wanted to spend more time with her kids, nothing to do with the uproar or ratings but yeah why would you take more pay if you disagreed with the script so strongly :shrug:

Im dead against this storyline but I dont think Samantha is to blame for it. Its hers job and they are her bosses. Just like in our day to day lives you cant refuse to do a job. I think its harder for her though, if she quit and left she'd never get a job in acting again. I Just think the best thing EE could do now is cut it short asap and let it blow over.

Like has been said before. She still has a contract. She cant just up and leave. She could be sued by EE. Whatever her reasons for leaving we dont really know then ins and outs.

Im dead against this storyline but I dont think Samantha is to blame for it. Its hers job and they are her bosses. Just like in our day to day lives you cant refuse to do a job. I think its harder for her though, if she quit and left she'd never get a job in acting again. I Just think the best thing EE could do now is cut it short asap and let it blow over.

I agree

tbh after that story line, there isn't much future for her character.

Statement from Samantha Womack's agent, Michael Wiggs:
"There's no truth whatsoever in any suggestion that Sam is 'quitting' Eastenders over the current storyline. Sam's contract comes to a natural end later this year and she will be taking a break from the show; this has been agreed with the producers for several months. Sam has had an incredibly happy and fulfilling time on EastEnders over the last few years. She has huge respect for the show, writers and producers and has thoroughly enjoyed playing such a complex role that has been involved in so many tough and challenging storylines."

I read today that she haa been shiuted at in the street. Someone shouting murdering c#nt at her infront of her two young kids!
its bloody disgusting she waa just doing her job and it seems she made a stand how she could.

Ee are never going to admit she left because of there story

what i heard on the bbc news this morning and a statement from Sam, was that she did not leave because of the storyline at all and she had decided to leave long before that and told bosses she wanted to leave hence one of the reasons they have wrote this storyline.....she also said the storyline is a powerfull piece of drama.

The storyline is being cut short . . . well it now ends in Spring. Publicity wise, they aren't really going to say anything negative about why she is leaving, for a while at least, that's even if there were any underlying issues but she may have just genuinely decided she wanted to go. Although I do remember last Christmas after the live episode there was another programme with her saying 'will Ronnie get a happy ending' and her saying 'there are turbulent times ahead', I can't really think of anything else more turbulent for her in the last year so makes you wonder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->