Samantha Womack quits eastenders

Ronnies baby had a club foot when born... im not sure what that is but when the MW was checking 'Ronnies baby' at home there was no club foot, 2 days later...

Yea i kinda agree with you there, i was just thinking, if she was that against it it made her want to resign surely she should have done before the storyline was filmed...

I bet she joins the bill :rofl: xxx

I did think the fact they just shrugged off the thing with the foot was a bit odd!

I dont watch EE anyway but have heard alot about this storyline x What is it about the foot then????

If Samantha Womack felt so against this storyline why didnt she leave before filming???
Being a parent myself I could not have gone through with filming this so for her to say that she puts being a mother before acting seems a bit odd as she still did the scenes & left now its gone a bit tits up?!?

She is an actress. Its her job. She stayed because they begged her to because she is the only one in the street who was pregnant at the same time as Kat so they couldnt play the story with anyone else. Plus I am pretty sure she couldnt just hand in her notice and leave because she has a contract and we switch on the tv she is there and then the just vanishes. She would need to be written out.

Ronnies baby had a club foot when born... im not sure what that is but when the MW was checking 'Ronnies baby' at home there was no club foot, 2 days later...

Yea i kinda agree with you there, i was just thinking, if she was that against it it made her want to resign surely she should have done before the storyline was filmed...

The bill?? That ended last year lol

Sam handed in her notice back in Nov after reading the script. If she walked straight away it wouldn't of done her career any good, she was being professional. Bless her, it must of been so difficult filming those scenes - especially as a Mummy herself. I have a lot of respect for her, I think she's done the right thing. EE have totally ruined her character.

Sam handed in her notice back in Nov after reading the script. If she walked straight away it wouldn't of done her career any good, she was being professional. Bless her, it must of been so difficult filming those scenes - especially as a Mummy herself. I have a lot of respect for her, I think she's done the right thing. EE have totally ruined her character.

I agree. How much more could she cope with?

I posted this earlier. Well done her though for standing up for herself.

'She wrote a letter on the day she read it and made it clear to bosses she thought it was wrong. They persuaded her to stay and film the scenes, but she will leave in May.

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...ersial-cot-death-storyline.html#ixzz1AF5QUXXO

It says she gave her letter on the day she read the script..

reports say that she decided to leave in November but she is upset about the storyline, and I think this made her feel like she made the right decision.

'She wrote a letter on the day she read it and made it clear to bosses she thought it was wrong. They persuaded her to stay and film the scenes, but she will leave in May.

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...ersial-cot-death-storyline.html#ixzz1AF5QUXXO

reports say that she decided to leave in November but she is upset about the storyline, and I think this made her feel like she made the right decision.

The mother-of-two, who plays Ronnie Branning in the BBC soap, is said to have handed bosses a handwritten letter of resignation when she was first told of the plans for the plot back in November.

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...ersial-cot-death-storyline.html#ixzz1AFhugqwJ

She quit because of the storyline.

The bill?? That ended last year lol

shows how much i pay attention hahaha, :shrug: I watch it on 'watch' from time to time lol xxx

The mother-of-two, who plays Ronnie Branning in the BBC soap, is said to have handed bosses a handwritten letter of resignation when she was first told of the plans for the plot back in November.

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...ersial-cot-death-storyline.html#ixzz1AFhugqwJ

She quit because of the storyline.

I agree that the storyline was hard for her and helped her decision, but believing the sun and the daily mail is like believing everything you read on wikipedia. I'l wait till Sam issues a statement.

To be honest I wouldn't of agreed to even film the scenes if I was so upset by it :| I know it's her job to be an actress but they upped her pay because they obviously had to plead her to stay.

She didn't need to be involved in that storyline at all. Ronnie could of gone on to have her baby, and the storyline could of been focused on Kat and Alfie actually losing their baby to SIDS, this would of rose more awareness on the topic. Any awareness of SIDS has been taken away now by the ridiculous baby swap storyline!

I personally feel the script writers should quit and not her, she IS a good actress but the storyline has made her Public Enemy number 1, she has had people hurling abuse at her in the st, which is too far.

V xxx

I personally feel the script writers should quit and not her, she IS a good actress but the storyline has made her Public Enemy number 1, she has had people hurling abuse at her in the st, which is too far.

V xxx

I do think it's awful people hurling abuse at her, she was just doing her job and like you said it's the script writers not her. The clips I've seen she's acted really well, I don't watch EE due to how insensitive it is and definately won't be doing now. But the clips I've seen on Daybreak etc. she's acted well.

I think it's a real shame they've taken something that could of been done so sensitively and actually raised awareness of SIDS to something so far fetched and ridiculous :/ A spokesperson was on Daybreak this morning from a SIDS awareness group and she said the focus has really been taken away from the topic it's meant to be raising awareness for and the likelihood of any woman doing what Ronnie has is extremely rare..

I think Brian Kirkwood should be the one quitting. He's doing a rubbish job and ruining a lot of characters. Aint impressed!

shes contracted in so she had to do the storyline.

If she had refused they could have sued her and lets not forget she has a family at home that she supports. Also if she refused who else would hire a actress that messed up a massive storyline?

She did the right thing the only way she coulkd

To be honest I wouldn't of agreed to even film the scenes if I was so upset by it :| I know it's her job to be an actress but they upped her pay because they obviously had to plead her to stay.

She didn't need to be involved in that storyline at all. Ronnie could of gone on to have her baby, and the storyline could of been focused on Kat and Alfie actually losing their baby to SIDS, this would of rose more awareness on the topic. Any awareness of SIDS has been taken away now by the ridiculous baby swap storyline!

Even actresses have contracts. We dont know the ins and outs. EE wouldnt of been able to cover this story without her but I doubt they would of just done it with Kat and Alfie. This was the story from the beginning so I dont think they would have changed it, probably shelved it for later.

This is interesting on Sky News x It says the controversial storyline isnt the reason she is leaving
https://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/S...To_Baby_Swap_Storyline,_Is_To_Leave_BBC1_Soap

Only she knows the reasons why she quit. Could be the storyline it could be just that she dont want to be in EE anymore.

I just came on to post this :haha:
It's a shame as she's a fab actor but I don't really blame her. She's always had depressing storylines.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->