Santa gift wont arrive in time!

Rags

Mother of 1 boy
Reaction score
Well as the title says I've just found out that the only gift my son has asked for from Santa wont arrive in time - they think it will be the beginning of January before we get it! I've had to order it (potters wheel) through Amazon but it is coming from America - all of the ones available in the UK have really bad reviews and are all described as a waste of money. Anyway I'm thinking I'll need to fake a call from Santa to say that he can't get any then I'll tell him that I will order him one instead and have asked Santa to leave a surprise instead - what the 'surprise' will be I've yet to decide...

Ohh no :(
I ordered OH's gift from Lucas too late and it's not going to be here in time. I'm gutted. I mean he'll still get it but it won't feel the same.

Is there a pottery place near you? How about a letter from Santa explaining that Santa needs all the pottery wheels to make Christmas ornaments over Christmas but invite him to a session to learn new pottery skills on X date in Jan and that he'll leave his own wheel there for him wrapped up?

This happened to us last year. My mil had bought something for ds that he really wanted but they weren't in stock until Jan. She pre ordered it and then made a lovely letter direct from Santa explaining to ds that it was a cold cold winter that year and some of the elfs have come down with flu and were tucked up in bed! Therefore not managed to make all the presents! He apologises and says his present will be with him in the new year. My ds was so excited to have a letter from santa (we still have it).... And loved the anticipation of waiting for it.
It 'turned up' one morning in Jan a big santa sack :)

Is it a proper potters wheel he is looking or would something like this do and maybe say santa will send a bigger one when he is finished using them in the north pole? (Like angeloftroy said)

https://www.pricerighthome.com/product/107-211103.html?gclid=CLT_qMqqz8kCFQ26GwodVQAEjg

Ohh no :(
I ordered OH's gift from Lucas too late and it's not going to be here in time. I'm gutted. I mean he'll still get it but it won't feel the same.

It's a shame that it won't be here for you. It doesn't matter that it's for an adult there's still that feeling of disappointment when you know you came up with a good idea. Hope it arrives soon.

Is there a pottery place near you? How about a letter from Santa explaining that Santa needs all the pottery wheels to make Christmas ornaments over Christmas but invite him to a session to learn new pottery skills on X date in Jan and that he'll leave his own wheel there for him wrapped up?

That's a great idea, I'm not sure if there is a pottery centre in my immediate area but I would be very happy to drive a fare distance if necessary. I'll look into it. Thanks

This happened to us last year. My mil had bought something for ds that he really wanted but they weren't in stock until Jan. She pre ordered it and then made a lovely letter direct from Santa explaining to ds that it was a cold cold winter that year and some of the elfs have come down with flu and were tucked up in bed! Therefore not managed to make all the presents! He apologises and says his present will be with him in the new year. My ds was so excited to have a letter from santa (we still have it).... And loved the anticipation of waiting for it.
It 'turned up' one morning in Jan a big santa sack :)

Sounds as though you have a rather good mil, well down her. We are doing a bit of a special trip next week to see Santa in Lapland, I had thought I'd make a point of Ds seeing me speaking to Santa and explain that there is problem and that Santa and I had agreed that he would do a surprise if I ordered the wheel. The potential hitch is that someone in his class has asked for one two so I really hope it arrives before school goes back. Thought I'd wrap the clay anyway an my mum has said she can teach him some other technices that don't need a wheel.

Is it a proper potters wheel he is looking or would something like this do and maybe say santa will send a bigger one when he is finished using them in the north pole? (Like angeloftroy said)

https://www.pricerighthome.com/product/107-211103.html?gclid=CLT_qMqqz8kCFQ26GwodVQAEjg

Thanks. It's not an huge wheel I'm going for, definitely one aimed at children. I'd seen this one on another site but the reviews there weren't so generous, mentioned that the wheel didn't have enough power or speed to keep turning when the children placed pressure on the clay, if I'd seen these reviews I may well have gone for this.

Would they be anywhere else in Europe? If you use Chrome you can have it automatically translate pages into English so you could look through German and French, etc sites. I often order things from Germany this way as there are plenty of products available in Europe that aren't easily bought here. Postage is quicker and cheaper than it is from the US and you avoid customs charges.

Would they be anywhere else in Europe? If you use Chrome you can have it automatically translate pages into English so you could look through German and French, etc sites. I often order things from Germany this way as there are plenty of products available in Europe that aren't easily bought here. Postage is quicker and cheaper than it is from the US and you avoid customs charges.

I've never thought of that, brilliant idea, I'll have a look tomorrow and see what I can find.

IT'S HERE!!!

Even the company i ordered it from are surprised that it got here before January, they will get the best biggest 5 star review from me for customer service and inormation.

IT'S HERE!!!

Even the company i ordered it from are surprised that it got here before January, they will get the best biggest 5 star review from me for customer service and inormation.

Hurray! I'm so happy for you!:happydance:

Aww glad to see its arrived!! Hope your little boy really enjoys it!

Awe, so glad it worked out for you that he will get his gift in time:)

Some of my Amazon buys say 28th...ahwell....will be extra surprises!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I'm even more happy that it arrived as the substitute gift I planned to give won't work now. It was a starter pack for a Wii game. We don't have a Wii but a friend had asked me if I wanted the one they were getting rid of - unfortunately it seems one of there extended family decided to take it instead!

https://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/kayleighwhitehead/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-12-21-18-27-51_zpsybe704il.png

Just seen this on Facebook

https://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/kayleighwhitehead/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-12-21-18-27-51_zpsybe704il.png

Just seen this on Facebook

This is brilliant, love it. Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->