Santa's Grotto???

Hello all

A bit bored at work so thought I'd have a little mooch on BnB. We're onto Christmas already! Ha ha.
Nice to see all the familiar faces.
I have started a little Amazon list for this year but I have both girls birthdays and summer holidays to get though first.
Christmas should be fairly cheaper this year, I'm only buying my girls, DH, my parents and sister....I bought for all my neices/nephews last year and I still have their gifts in the cupboard!
Not sure what my girls would like, was thinking a DS for DD1 and they both want a mermaid tail (that's on their birthday list).
Will pop back in soon xxxx

Yay kept checking to see if anyone was mentioning Xmas yet!
I don’t even know what I’m gonna do for Xmas this year I usually start in September but we have a big holiday in October and will still be saving for spends so I’m likely not gonna start til November add that to the fact my pay for October/November will be less as I’m not gonna be paid for time off on holiday. Yeah it’s gonna be socks all round haha!

YASSS! I love that this Christmas thread is up already!, I have already gotten my son his big pressie and I've got a list of what else i'm going to get. Just need to think of xmas eve box, stocking stuffers and advent calendar. Then I can start on the FOOD! and do my big order from the butchers!.

Cannot wait for the grottos to open!.

I'm so excited for the grotto to open, can't wait!

My dd3 asked to write a list today. Once the schools go back I will be well and truly in Christmas mode (I do have dd2&3s birthdays but I don't go overboard for birthdays)
IMG_20180720_091616.jpg

Mmmm yummy the food love it ! We don’t go overboard now with food we threw so much away 2 years ago it was ridiculous . Could have fed another family for at least a week , shameful !

We just buy the usual snacks drinks and meat few Christmas themed treats and party food for the girls !

Mrs - Thats so cute ! I can see she’s asked for Beads , make up , Lego and unicorn . DD1 has asked for Lego Friends this year .

Mmmm yummy the food love it ! We don’t go overboard now with food we threw so much away 2 years ago it was ridiculous . Could have fed another family for at least a week , shameful !

We just buy the usual snacks drinks and meat few Christmas themed treats and party food for the girls !

Mrs - Thats so cute ! I can see she’s asked for Beads , make up , Lego and unicorn . DD1 has asked for Lego Friends this year .

Yep! She was scrolling through toys on Amazon and telling me what to write so she could copy. All of my girls love lego, so that will probably be on all of their lists!

I don't go overboard with food either, a few extra snacky bits and some Christmas treats. We go to my mums for dinner, and the girls go to their dads for a couple of days on boxing day so it just gets wasted.
Might start picking up little stocking fillers this week

Can't believe how fast this year is going, by September I will have a child in secondary school, my eldest turns 12 in February which is frightening as it means I have been on the Santa's Grotto section for about seven years. I also have an eight year old son and twins boy/girl who turn 3 in November. Looking forward to the Grotto opening again, it always gives me inspiration, I have been shopping throughout the year and have finished my twins presents and got most of their stocking gifts as well, my older two boys are harder to buy for, I think I will be getting them a Nintendo Switch/games and small TV and giving them some money this year with four/ five small presents and stocking

Ladies search for Emma drew on YouTube and watch her Christmas in July Poundland video. It shows us what will be in store this Christmas and it looks amazing. Poundland have really stepped up.

I’ve been shopping today, not sure if this is an everywhere thing or just local but my local poundworld are having a closing down sale and all Xmas things were 10 for £1.50!
I have got 2 mugs which I think I’m gonna make into gifts (fill them with nail varnish and bits)
Got 3 mason jar style with straws, plastic cups for Xmas eve box
A pack of crackers
2 confetti baubles
A pack of napkins
And a snowflake fringe decor thing!
Well chuffed with that haha! I may pop back for more they had wine glasses, wrapping paper, decorations, Halloween stuff all sorts haha!

I’m going to pound world on Monday!

Thanks for the hint on Emma drew - just watched the video and feel super excited! So excited for the grotto to open.

Yay a grotto thread! I have some bits stashed away already but I'm waiting until much nearer the time (like november) to buy most things for my oldest daughter who will be 7. Last year I found her tastes/Xmas list changed a fair bit between Autumn when I'd done most of my shopping and Xmas!
My younger daughter will be 4 in September so after that I'll start planning Xmas budgets, lists etc :)

Poundworld is going into administration isn't it? They've took their site down as I went to have a nosy on there then checked the closing/closed lists but Lincoln isn't on them. I thought all stores were getting closed down. I want bargains!! :brat:

Just checked out Emma Drew's video - I'm loving the icy/navy theme! As well as The Snowman :o Poundland is upping their game!

Poundworld is going into administration isn't it? They've took their site down as I went to have a nosy on there then checked the closing/closed lists but Lincoln isn't on them. I thought all stores were getting closed down. I want bargains!! :brat:

Just checked out Emma Drew's video - I'm loving the icy/navy theme! As well as The Snowman :o Poundland is upping their game!

I think so. Nothing mentioned on their fb page but people had commented with links to news articles, maybe they think certain stores can be salvaged but god knows! Both the ones at our shopping centre here are closing, I’m gutted i loved poundworld but there was deffo bargains to be had. I’m gonna try go next week see if there is much left. Someone posted on a bargain page on fb that they were letting people fill up a bag of whatever they could fit for £3!

I think so. Nothing mentioned on their fb page but people had commented with links to news articles, maybe they think certain stores can be salvaged but god knows! Both the ones at our shopping centre here are closing, I’m gutted i loved poundworld but there was deffo bargains to be had. I’m gonna try go next week see if there is much left. Someone posted on a bargain page on fb that they were letting people fill up a bag of whatever they could fit for £3!

Yeah, I looked on Metro and Mirror but no mention of Lincoln. Our local news reporters state that the 3 in Lincolnshire will be remaining open despite having closing down posters displayed, I may have to check it out, it's 4 miles from me though which makes it a ballache as I don't drive. Only been open here a year, maybe less.

I'm so excited after seeing the Emma Drew video!! Looks like there will be some good stuff coming into poundland!.

I cant wait to start planning stockings, xmas eve box and advent calendar!

So exciting :xmas:

So I NEVER buy anything this early (my daughters birthday is November) but I went past The Works and they had a sale so I got them some stocking bits to put away :happydance:

I am excited for Christmas this year as they are now both old enough to get it :thumbup: DD was last year but she was so sick with tonsilitus she didn't enjoy Christmas at all :(

I tried to sit and write lists for the girls... Got as far as LOL dolls, polly pocket sets and lego...

What do you get an almost 8yr old girl anyway?! She has just had a new bike, she has a tablet, a DS, a tv with now tv... she is not getting a phone... Definitely be hard to buy for this year!

I tried to sit and write lists for the girls... Got as far as LOL dolls, polly pocket sets and lego...

What do you get an almost 8yr old girl anyway?! She has just had a new bike, she has a tablet, a DS, a tv with now tv... she is not getting a phone... Definitely be hard to buy for this year!

Im struggling most for my Amy too (just turned 9) i cant remember what ive got her already... think board games, stuff to make (slime kits,
Crafty stuff etc) hair bows, few bits of clothes, bath bombs... shes got least so far and not sure what to get as main present. I will be getting hrr some new pandora charms too, does DD have a bracelet? Amy has all the above too and like you im refusing on the phone front. Last year we got her and Will electric scooters which they LOVE!

I've asked Olivia (3) what she wants and all she said was "lots and lots of Mashems!!! and some cars" lol. Asked Ava (soon to be 7) and she said "just stuff" - really?! She's really into singing along with lyric music videos on youtube so looking at a karaoke machine for Christmas.

Ava's birthday is in October, she's really sucked into Pokemon atm with the help of the man child. For her birthday she asked for a Pokemon party, headphones, dictionary and a thesaurus.

Studio have some lovely Christmas bits!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"