Say A Prayer For My Little Rebecca..

Thinking of you K, hope everything went well today and that wee Rebecca coped well with the anaesthetic.

x

Echo what Lucy said

Hope you girls are ok

x

Hi ladies,

we're back home, just gave Rebecca a quick bath and jumped on here lol!

What a long day-in hospital at 8.40am (was supposed to be 8 but we slept in lol) and she didnt get taken til 4.45. She had been nil by mouth for food for nearly 24 hours and water/milk since 6am this morning-it wasn't an easy task trying to explain to a 21 month old she wasn't allowed food/drink.:hissy:

Anyway we took her along to theatre-she was gased in the end as cause she is so young it was impossible to get a vein in her hand-poor mite had the magic cream on for 6 hours too!

Anyway Daddy held her in the anaesthetic room-the room immediately before theatre, they put strawberry lip balm round the mask as she was screaming when it went near her, it was to disguise the smell!

I was crying, they were holding the mask on she was screaming Daddy, Daddy, Mummy (daddy always come first) then what felt like minute but was seconds she flopped. I found that sight pretty traumatising-watching my little Princess out cold.

Anyway we went for a coffee for half an hour then collected her in the recovery room-I expected her to still be out but she was up and fine but when she seen us - Daddy, Mummy lip sore!

She was taken back to the ward, had to wait on her eating and drinking, got out at 7.30pm.

She is still grizzly but to be expected. We seem some poor kids in her ward-babies/toddlers with horrific burns from kettles, chip pans etc.

Thanks for all the comments, I will ask my lovely Yvanne tomorrow to pload before and after pics.

The plastic surgeon said she will be left with a scar, and it will take up to 18 months for the redness/prominence to settle.

A wee question-they said she might have to stay off nursery next week (thursday is her last day for 8 months cause Im on mat leave) could I blag it with the nursery and say the accident happened in your care I want re-imbursed for the 2 days next week? it's £80!x

Awww Karrina :hugs:

Hope her wee lip isn't sore for long. Reading your side of it although breif making me all emotional i can only imagine how you'd feel at the moment.

As for the nursery costs - erm forget asking demand it!!

Thank goodness everything went ok, I have no idea how i would be able to cope not letting Olivia have food or drink - you must've had such a tough day.

Yes I do think you should try and negotiate the last two weeks pay at the nursery. I would call and speak with the manager and re-emphasis how traumatic the expereince has been and how she wont be able to go in next. week.

Glad it all went ok, must have been such a painful day for you all :(

Hopefuly now little Rebecca can recover well at home :)

Id defo try and get some money back from nursery

x

poor little sweetheart, glad it its all over and she is o.k, for the cost, i would demand for it, big hug to your daughter, for being so brave x x

Aww, bless her. Glad she's home now Karrina.:hugs:

I would have thought the nursery would offer to give you the days for nothing!:dohh:

Ladies she does feel better-the little madam has been driving me banana's today, and because of what's she has just been thru I have been letting her away with loads.

Isn't it so amazing how quickly kids bounce back? I am shocked!xxx

Her lip looks like it has one almighty cold sore on it but its the stitches and redness/swelling around it. Eeeww.:blush:

xx

Glad ot hear she is doing ok KX and she has had a good recovery! She will heal quickly, kids are real troupers! Hope you had a good weekend nevertheless.

Awww what a little star! WELL DONE Rebecca! An you guys too, Id be heartbroken. xx

try using aloe vera gel on the wound it might help it heal quicker and reduce scarring - alot of people swear on it.

Have just seen this thread Kx, sorry for what rebecca went through, im glad shes on the road to recovery now!
When i worked in the day surgery unit and had a childrens list on i would always well up seeing the parents crying there eyes out as they left the anethetic room, its so scary when its your own child. Big hugs to you all xxx

poor little rebecca hope it goes well today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->