Scan at 5.5 weeks ..

I feel your pain. Ive been in this situation and not knowing is a killer. If this differs from previous mc's then that is a VERY good indication things could be ok this time hun xxx

I think because it's so small at this stage it's so easy for things to be missed or not clear, did you have an internal scan? It took them ages to find the empty sac on my scan, they literally saw nothing inside it and she told me if it was a gestational sac then it was 4 weeks and I was actually over 5, all you can do is keep positive and wait it out until your next scan, my 2 week wait was agonising but I just kept telling myself it was out if my hands, I have had bleeding the last 2 weeks even last night I did, it's a constant worry but hang in there, I really hope you get so me good news at your next scan :flower:

They say that the yolk sac is visible (normally always) at 5+4 and after. I had a scan at 5+1 and we only saw a very thick lining, fluid around my left ovary where the egg came out and MAYBE (couldn't confirm) a small sac. All is fine two weeks later :)

And also, we've never seen a heartbeat that early. It was always after 6+5. With my 2nd I had a scan at the very beginning of 6 weeks and no heartbeat, the few days wait was horrible. He's a very active almost three year old :) You are SO early, try not to stress too much... and this has happened three times (early scan wise) and all turned out fine.

Hugs!! Know how you feel xx

I had a scan yesterday..I thought I was 6weeks 2 days
but im 4weeks and 5 days,only saw a sac.
and now my conception dates dont make sence,my levels were just over 1000 sunday night so having them done again tonight... I dont have much faith and already prepared myself for another loss :cry: going to be a long day!

good luck xx

Thanks you for all your replies ladies. I am feeling hopeful at the moment as the bleeding has completely stopped and my chest is still killing me, to a point I went and bought sleep bras yesterday. Its going to be a long wait but will keep busy and hope it passes quickly!

we took our DS (whos almost 10) to mothercare with us last night, but he hasn't a clue about the pregnancy, and keeps asking if hes ever going to get to be a big brother. We told him that I needed a sleep bra and it was only mothercare who sold them. There was a vest with "I LOVE MY BIG BROTHER" and a teddy with "WORLDS BEST BIG BROTHER" on them, he was telling us that if he ever got to be a big brother we would need to get them - DH and I have decided that assuming all goes well at this next scan then we will buy them and wrap them with a scan photo and put it in with his birthday gifts which is just a week later. I can't wait to tell him he's going to be a big brother, hes wanted this for SO long. Just so glad we decided not tell him straight away given everything thats going on.

Thurl - yes it was an internal, horrible, not sure if I was allergic to something but got SO itchy during the scan! :wacko: Hopefully wont need that at the next scan as I will be 7+2 by then. I'm glad things worked out for you!!

Radiance I am SO pleased for you, so glad everything is ok, on both occasions.

Stacey how did you get on hun? I had a friend who went through years of TTC and eventually fell pregnant after fertility treatment, she was telling me that her levels at 4+5 (i think) were less than 100, her son is now a healthy one year old. :hugs:

The wait is awful isn't it, I completely feel your pain, just try and keep busy and the time will pass :hugs: that gift sounds a lovely idea, he will be made up, I have everything crossed for you :hugs:

The gift for your son sounds wonderful! :) He'll be so thrilled.

I know the waiting is hard but leaving you soo long at least you will know for sure..xx good luck
keep yourself busy.. What date is your next scan ?

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been posting, been a rough week. I had bleeding again on Friday, this time red but it didn't last long. EPU refused to see me. Anyway, all bleeding since stopped and I am still very hopeful that pregnancy is progressing well, I've certainly got enough symptoms. Bloating, sickness, sore boobs, peeing for scotland, having to get up during the night to the toilet which is unusual for me etc. Another thing I've noticed is I'm really not sleeping well. My back is so sore during the night and I can't lie in my tummy because the bloating makes it very uncomfortable and makes me need the toilet. Feeling pretty rubbish but that in itself it keeping me going knowing that they are all great signs. :thumbup: only a few more days.

Sorry to hear about the bleeding, I had some too this morning it's so scary when you see it, not much longer to go for you now, I'm sending you lots of positive wishes for a happy outcome :hugs:

Thank you thurl. Hope your bleeding has stopped :hugs:

I had my scan this morning. My little bambino is growing and has a great wee heartbeat:cloud9: :happydance: the midwife reckons its my cervix that's bleeding. Apparently some women can get a very sensitive cervix which bleeds but isn't harmful to baby :happydance:

Thank you thurl. Hope your bleeding has stopped :hugs:

I had my scan this morning. My little bambino is growing and has a great wee heartbeat:cloud9: :happydance: the midwife reckons its my cervix that's bleeding. Apparently some women can get a very sensitive cervix which bleeds but isn't harmful to baby :happydance:

:happydance:

That is wonderful news, huge congratulations :hugs: my bleeding did stop pretty quickly and I have a private scan this afternoon so I will know for sure whether it's ok or not

Yay glad to hear it's all going well!!!! I've had some bleeding at what I thought was 5w3d. Flowing red with cramps. Ultrasound put me at 5w6d saw a gestational sac and yolk sac but no heartbeat. Hopefully that just means it's too early. Levels were checked for the 2nd time today and I'll know what they were on Monday. Ms kicked in yesterday so I'm hopeful as well.

Thank you everyone!!

Thurl how did your scan go?

Kisses, from what I read it seems pretty common not to see a heartbeat at 5 weeks. Got my fingers crossed for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->