Scan, hCG, Progesterone. Worried,

Demented

Pregnant #1 after 3 m/c
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Background. No children. 3 Miscarriages, 2004, Twins in 2008 and 25th June 2009.

LMP 23 July.
BFP 11 August.
I think i must have ovulated early to get a BFP so soon. Maybe about the 1st Aug?

Going by LMP i am 5 weeks today.

4w4d = HCG = 5,570 : Progesterone 54.34
4w6d + hCG = 10,870 : Progesterone 53.??

When i woke up yesterday morning there was a tiny but of blood when i wiped so of course due to previous miscarriages i freaked out. (no blood since). The hospital told me to come in as they should see something with levels of 5000+

They done the transvaginal scan and all the saw was gestational sac and a yolk sac. I was pleased to see a yolk sac anyway. The gestational sac for whatever reason is measuring 6w1d though. He said he would of liked to have seen a fetal pole as my levels are high but that we are in a "grey area" at the moment. I have to go back this day two weeks to be rescanned.

I am terrified this is going to fail and that i am on the same road again.

I think personally at 4w6d not to see a fetal pole is not the end of the world surely. It's too early!
My hCG levels seem very high for week 4. Why did my progesterone drop 1.

The registrar has said due to multiple miscarriages that if they get a heart beat in two weeks time they will put me on Progesterone Pessaries

Anyone any advise. Should i really be concerned about the scan. Not even 5 weeks (maybe under 6) but no fetal pole

Sorry I am no help with the progesterone, I don't know much about that. But your HCG levels look great! I had a scan at 5 weeks 2 days and all we saw was an empty gestational sac. Not even a yolk sac so it sounds like you are doing great! Went back at 6wks 5days and saw yolk sac and baby with a heartbeat.. So I think not seeing a fetal pole in your 4th week is totally ok and no cause for alarm!

Thank you
Has anyone any other advice or experiece of this. Please bear in mine i think i am a week further along than dated from LMP.

I dont have any direct experience but from what Ive been reading on this site and others its totally normal to not see a fetal pole so early on.
Awful as it is, in these first weeks all we can do is wait. Best of luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->