scan next week...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Pink_Tinks, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Pink_Tinks

Pink_Tinks Well-Known Member

okey dokey this is a bit random but please bare with me

i have my 20 week scan next Tuesday and i am soooooooo excited its silly! i have been terrified through this entire pregnancy, but so far so good, and Terry is now kicking and poking which is sooo lovely!

So, I am an only child and my mum and step dad are sooo giddy and excited. My mum is convinced Terry is a girl, and i would really like a girl.
    But, what if they say its a girl, i tell everyone, and then its a boy!? This recently happened to my friend and my cousins friend, so im bit like... do i believe it?!

I think my chances of a girl are pretty slim - my OH is one of 5 boys, we've recently got a nephew from his eldest brother and his mum says i am having a boy!

sounds strange, but i dont wanna disappoint people!! im sure people on here have been told wrong so im not sure what i do... do we keep it to ourselves incase or tell everyone and hope the Hosp are right?!

Soz this is long and boring... but thanks for reading :thumbup:

2. Margie

Margie Well-Known Member

Have you thought about not finding out? They can't always tell and may not be able to give you a definite answer - it may drive you crazy if they tell you one way or the other and you don't trust them... Why not have a suprise?

3. Pink_Tinks

Pink_Tinks Well-Known Member

OH really really wants to find out, and tbh i do as well.
    Thinking of going for a 4D scan as well so surely if i get two of the same answer its more reliable?

I know im being stupid and im sorry but i really dont know what to do or who to talk to lol!! i dont know any pregnant people!

4. Maybebaby80

Maybebaby80 Well-Known Member

What about not telling anyone? Just you and OH find out and keep it a little secret?

That way if it does happen no one will know but you and OH.