Scan today at 8w4d, will it be abdominal or t/v?

WantsALittle1

Reaction score
I am really hoping I am done with transvaginal ultrasounds. The last one was very painful.

I have a scan today to see if baby's heartbeat has improved, and I'm wondering whether it will likely be abdominal (please please please say yes) or yet another t/v

Depends. I had an u/s at 7w3d but it was abdominal. If they may have s concern over heartrate they may do t/v again because it gives a much clearer picture. Sorry that answers not really helpful. Typically they would only do abdominal over 8 weeks

I think it depends where you have the scan. My epu have a policy where all scans before 12 weeks done at the epu will be transvaginal.

My 8 week scan was abdominal and they said they would only do tv if you are a larger lady (carrying more weight on your tummy) or obviously if they can't get a clear pic abdominally.
The pics I got at 8 weeks weren't great and I think if if had Tv they would have been better but we saw the heartbeat and that everything was good and that's all I cared about xx

It depends on how well they are able to see the baby.
When I was diagnosed with my blighted ovum at my 8 week scan she started with an abdominal and then had to switch to a t/v. I agree though, they are so uncomfortable and I feel so awkward. If they have had trouble seeing the heartbeat in the past they will most likely use t/v

Just got back from my ultrasound. She was able to do everything abdominally. Baby was there measuring correct to the day, heartbeat of 175 bpm!

Attachments

• Ultrasound_120115_ThirdPic.png
    Ultrasound_120115_ThirdPic.png
    318.8 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh