Scan Today Baby Gone

Jencocoa

Reaction score
I had my scan today and it showed an empty womb. These last few days of bleeding and cramping were the miscarriage and sometime Sunday or Monday most likely I passed the sac with the baby. They just said that I will probably bleed for a little while longer and they need to do bloodwork to make sure my levels get back to zero and if they do no further treatment is necessary. She said statistically every third or fourth pregnancy ends in miscarriage and there was nothing I did wrong or could've done differently. I am relieved to have an answer and to know the miscarriage happens naturally and is behind me. Now on to the grieving the loss of my child. I won't know if the baby was a boy or a girl but in my gut and in my heart and also due to timing, I truly believe it was a little boy and that I will meet him in heaven one day. I can't thank you all enough for the support.

I'm sorry hon :hug:

Feel free to pm if you need to. I'm sadly getting to be an old pro at this :cry: Sad for and with you ❤️

I feel sort of numb right now. Also I feel like I want to acknowledge this life. I wish I could name the baby but I don't know if it was a boy or a girl. I was eight weeks and five days or eight weeks and six days. Do you people ever name their angel babies? What do you do to help aknowledge this loss or get closure?

I feel sort of numb right now. Also I feel like I want to acknowledge this life. I wish I could name the baby but I don't know if it was a boy or a girl. I was eight weeks and five days or eight weeks and six days. Do you people ever name their angel babies? What do you do to help aknowledge this loss or get closure?

We call our babies their little nicknames we had for them during pregnancy. (If you look at my signature you can see). I think it's important to do what you feel you need to do. Some people need to choose a name and have maybe a little ceremony, some people plant flowers, some people make a memory box. Take your time and think about what would give you the most peace. There's no right way to do it, only what gives you and your partner peace and closure.
I think we may plant a tree for our babies. I'm also considering a tattoo.

Jen- I'm so very sorry too. We named all our losses despite not knowing whether they were boys or girls. (My first 2 losses). We went with my gut feeling on gender. We also bought something that was "theirs". A stuffed animal, an outfit, etc.
I'm so very very sorry you are going thru this. It's an empty, lonely loss I know all too well.

Jen- I'm so very sorry too. We named all our losses despite not knowing whether they were boys or girls. (My first 2 losses). We went with my gut feeling on gender. We also bought something that was "theirs". A stuffed animal, an outfit, etc.
I'm so very very sorry you are going thru this. It's an empty, lonely loss I know all too well.

I really like that idea, buying something for them like a stuffed animal. I'm going to take some time and think about name and all the different ways to remember but I definitely think I want to do something. I feel like people don't understand even if they love and support you and less they have gone through it. Like it's not a real loss. I know it's not the same as of my five year old passed away I guess but it's still a loss and I feel sad.

It is most definitely a loss to acknowledge and grieve. I'm some ways I feel it's tougher than losing an older relative as there's such little understanding and support for it. My first two losses weren't acknowledged at all by family. This most recent one has been a little more but I find myself angry no one treats it as a loss. More like a disappointment or as someone put it to me "not getting your way." Ugh so incredibly frustrating. Be gentle to yourself and do what you bed because the reality is that friends and family are likely not going to give the support you need.

It is most definitely a loss to acknowledge and grieve. I'm some ways I feel it's tougher than losing an older relative as there's such little understanding and support for it. My first two losses weren't acknowledged at all by family. This most recent one has been a little more but I find myself angry no one treats it as a loss. More like a disappointment or as someone put it to me "not getting your way." Ugh so incredibly frustrating. Be gentle to yourself and do what you bed because the reality is that friends and family are likely not going to give the support you need.

Good advice. Wow I can't believe someone said that to you, so sorry! 💔

Jen- I know this isn't exactly the same but with my 3rd loss we had her cremated and I have a necklace with a pinch of her ashes plus her full name and date we birthed/lost her. I wear it every day and it was a huge comfort to me. I know you don't have ashes but something like that with name etc might be worth considering.

We named the child we miscarried and got a tattoo. Sorry for your loss, i hope you start to heal soon

So sorry for your loss :hugs:
I was following your story and really hoping for a good outcome.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

A loss is still a loss. I have a ton of faith in God's plans. When I was going through my miscarriage last year, I just kept praying to Him for comfort because He knew why it was happening but it was hard for me to understand. I am now pregnant and could have conceived on our baby's due date. And this baby couldn't be possible without our loss. If you are planning on having more, you can look at it that way. And one day, you will get to meet your angel again, and maybe it will all be explained to you then. For now, have faith. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->