Scan today, bad feeling UPDATE

Snufflepop

Reaction score
I am feeling so sick with nerves right now. I have my 12week scan at 2.20 this afternoon. I feel sick thinking about it. I've had a bad feeling for a few weeks now, like I'm waiting for something to go wrong.

I don't know why, I haven't had any bleeding or any other sign of a problem but I just can't shake this feeling. I never felt like this with my daughter. I think it's because I have had far fewer symptoms this time and it has worried me that something isn't right.

Ugh, this day is going to drag, I just want to get there and find out if everything is ok!

No real point to this post, just wanted to get this out! Keep your fingers crossed for me later! X

I had the same kinda feelings before my last prenatal visit at 13weeks. But there baby was on the doppler. Try to relax and good luck :D

Thanks Beth! Just noticed our dds are virtually the same age!

You'll be fine, I'm sure. I'm in exactly the same boat with no symptoms but I gave in and got a Doppler and heard my wee bean yesterday so I'm sure yours is fine too :)

Good luck! I've got my scan tomorrow

Thanks firstbaby, good luck for your scan tomorrow!

I felt the same!! All was well. Good luck :flower:

I'll keep you in my thoughts today! Mine is this morning...I've been up since 3 am and I wanna throw up!!!

I remember this feeling last time round. My legs were shaking as I waited for my scan and when I walked into the room. I think it's normal to be nervous, I don't think anyone is ever really excited until after the event. Good luck x

All the best hun, hope it all goes well, mine is next Tuesday and I feel the same, x

Good luck today! Felt the exact same with my dating scan and my 12 week, I'm sure it is pretty common.

UPDATE:
So we had our scan and it is a mixed result.
Firstly there was a healthy baby with a good heartbeat so that was a relief.
BUT there are a few grey areas, the sonographer couldn't get the nuchal fold measurement for the DS screening and also dated the pregnancy over a week further along than I thought. She put me at 13+5 which absolutely isn't possible (tmi I know when I ovulated and we only had sex twice so I know my dates are right!).
I am a bit concerned now because I am worried as to why she couldn't get the measurement and if it indicates a problem. I have to go back in two weeks for the quad blood test but from what I have read it sounds a fairly unreliable test.
I am also concerned about the date change because it means if I go overdue they will use the ultrasound date so they will be pushing for me to be induced when I am only 4-5 days overdue according to my dates!

Sigh!!! I really wanted to come out feeling reassured but now I just have loads of new worries! Might call my midwife tomorrow and ask for a rescan but I have a feeling she will say it's not possible.

I'm glad it went mainly well. I wouldn't sorry too much about the dAtes, they put me 10 dAys back in one pregnancy and I knew it was impossible but she was healthy.
Remember, the choice is always yours regarding induction. Xx

I wouldn't worry. Our tech struggled to get the neck measurement too, and sent us away to come back a couple of hours later. They really need baby in a certain position, and it would just seem that your Bub wasn't cooperating!

As for dates, they change all the time. I've been a week behind and a week ahead! That is nothing to worry about x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->