'Scanning' the post!

Reaction score
Hey, need to know others thoughts.

Went for mid-wife appointment on the 6th april who said she would send my info to the hospital and they will send me a ltr with the scan date, which is fine. i was wondering how long it would take to get this ltr? (for 12 week scan)

Most people seem to have done things completely differently or have brought earlier scans, but if anyone has done it the same way i have, how long did it take for you to get your letter through? Or did the mid-wife just tell you the date or did you get a phone call??

Thanks in advance! :-D

Hi you should have you letter through anytime now its normally when your 12 wks but alot of us have had early scans for other reasons xx

Hey - I waited 2 weeks then phoned the antenatal clinic and they said they had put a letter in the post that day - they gave me the date over the phone... If you're worried that they have forgotten give the clinic a ring (I got through using the hospital switchboard). x

I was given my scan date while at my booking in appointment. I'd give them a ring for peace of mind.

I saw mine the same time as you, my MW told me to wait 10 working days and if it still had not arrived to phone the hospital.

Mine took nearly two weeks I think. However, the date they gave me was just the first one available which would be when I was 17 weeks! I just rang them and they changed it over the phone, I don't know if they do it in your area but just remember that if your having an NT scan it has to be done before 13 weeks and 6 days.

My letter took about a week to arrive but my letter was just to say 'call us to make an appointment' so slightly different I suppose. Give it 7 working days and then give them a call I reckon.

My letter didn't come in for weeks lol! I was starting to get really irritated, I think i saw the doc at 5 weeks and my letter for my booking in and dating scan came at about 9 weeks. My appointment itself was two weeks later at 11 weeks.

I paid for an early private scan just for personal reasons.

My letter arrived a week after my booking in appt, my MW told me to call her if it wasnt there within 2 weeks x My scan is next tuesday :happydance:

I would say if it isnt here by monday then give them a call x dont forget the post will be delayed bcus of Easter x

I had booking in appt on the Mon at 7wks & recieved my scan date letter on the Fri, so like 4/5days.

My mw appt was on the monday and my letter came by the thursday..i was shocked at how quick it came xx

Mine still hasn't come! my midwife said give it a few weeks and if it hasn't arrived to contact her!
I'm 12+ weeks now and just want to see my baby!
I'll be on the phone tomorrow!

xxxxx

I had my midwife appointement at 8 weeks and got my scan through 2 weeks later at 10 weeks.

Grrrr... I just chased mine up through the hospital to be told that they've "only just put it on the system". I've got to wait until 11th May now, which will put me almost at 15 weeks... Am so mad and upset, as it'll probably mean that I probably won't get a 20-week scan as it's so close to it. The health care in my area seriously sucks.
Going to investigate where the closest place is for getting a private scan is now as I don't think I can wait that long...

Grrrr... I just chased mine up through the hospital to be told that they've "only just put it on the system". I've got to wait until 11th May now, which will put me almost at 15 weeks... Am so mad and upset, as it'll probably mean that I probably won't get a 20-week scan as it's so close to it. The health care in my area seriously sucks.
Going to investigate where the closest place is for getting a private scan is now as I don't think I can wait that long...

Im the same....which area you in? Im paying for a private one not waiting till 15 weeks!!

Lancashire- specifically Burnley. I can't even get on a waiting list for a dentist either!!
Where are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->