Scared all of a sudden - holiday abroad @ 24 weeks :(

Hayley90

Complete
Reaction score
Hey girls,

im flying to spain on friday morning (4:55am!) and I'm suddenly worried.

What if something happens to me or bubba when I'm in a foreign place :nope:

I'm not going with OH, I'm going with a friend who I can safely say knows nothing about children - nothing against her at all, but I doubt she'd be much use in labour!!

Now he is viable I cant help but think something horrible is going to happen and i'll be stranded in spain :( I've had a pretty easy pregnancy so far - the only problems have been with ME not the baby!! But I'm just thinking "its my bloody luck" something will happen.

Does anyone know what would happen if (for example) i went into labour in spain? i don't even know the emergency number.:shrug: i feel completely out of control :(

ETA - shall i take my notes with me? just in case?? would the spanish health system even know to read them????

help! x

They say second tri is the safest time to fly and go on vacation. The odds of something happening while you're in Spain are very unlikely so just go and enjoy yourself! This might be your last chance for a vacation without the responsiblities of taking a child with you for a long while so have fun and try not to worry about something going wrong. If it'll make you more comfortable bring your notes with you, but I doubt you'll need them. Also, as far as I know Spain has decent health care (a friend of mine moved to Valencia last year). Have a great time on your trip!

How long are you going for?
I'm sure you will be fine, just make sure to keep your maternity notes with you all the time, just in case.
Have fun in Spain!

I got a card from https://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=563&langId=en that covers you for any medical pregnancy related stuff if you are in another EU country. I post it purely because it might be worth any brit getting one anyway!.

Have you got separate medical insurance? I had it when I used to visit the USA before I moved here from Scotland, it was cheap as I would imagine going to Spain an incredibly popular tourist spot for Brits would be cheap to. (I got mine from the Net, I had to get mine as they wouldn't let me travel for 3 months without it)

All that said you will be absolutely fine. I seriously doubt you will go into labour!

im only going for 4 days... its not even the flight thats scaring me, its anything "not normal" happening during the 4 days :(

And ive got the EU card :) had it for ages, never really paid much attention before. and im covered by my travel insurance as have had no difficulty or problems in pregnancy. even so, im still freaking out.

its cos i watched one born every minute yesterday and it got me thinking....typical! x

I'm sure you'll be fine...I'm taking a flight at 24 weeks to, going away for a week. I'm looking forward to it!! Lol

Don't be worried then missy! that EU card means if you go into labour you will either be treated for free or reimbursed anything that you are billed.

Where in Spain are you going? enjoy your trip! I bet baby will be enjoying it also!

im going to benalmadena - near torremolinos :)
i am excited just wish id never watch OBEM now..feel so silly. this is pregnancy doing this to me, normally im relatively carefree!!

ive read my insurance word for word...can safely say ive NEVER done that before!!!

i know im worrying over nothing. as i said - it'll be my luck.

gotta go buy my GORGEOUS flight socks tomorrow... attractive!! bet i'll look sexy strolling round the easyjet lounge in those !! isnt being pregnant FUN girls :)

We went to Tenerife when i was 25 weeks and although i was concerned my doctor didn't seem to think it was a problem....and in fact said that the hospitals in Spain were great so IF i needed to go i shouldn't panic about it too much.....Turned out it was all fine and i had a fantastic break! :thumbup:

Are you staying in a hotel? If you are then mention at reception about needing hospital numbers or something so they can give you suggestions on what to do. If you're staying in a villa then ask the taxi driver or maybe a pharmacy for the local hospital details and local taxi numbers, Usually places have packs available in rooms telling you whats where. Failing that speak to your holiday rep if you have one. Take your notes if you want to, i did just incase, it stayed in my suitcase but at least it's one less thing to panic about! :thumbup: The spanish know ALOT better how to speak and read English then us lazy brits know how to speak and read Spanish!!! :winkwink:

I was treated fantasticly by everyone whilst i was away, made to feel really special and i loved it! Try not to panic too much and just enjoy your holiday! :hugs:

im definately going to take my notes, i carry them everywhere in the UK, why not in spain!! i took my midwife seriously when she said "these go everywhere with you - even the toilet" because mine do...they live in my handbag now :)

Its a small family run hotel so im not holding out much hope there. As long as the reception people speak english and see im pregnant, thats enough for me. Its close to the main town where we are staying to if worst comes to worst, there are taxis nearby etc.

I almost feel like if i dont know all the numbers & words to say, im being selfish to LO - "what if he needs me and i fail miserably" sort of thing. so im obsessing instead.

Better to be safe than sorry i suppose. thats my motto now i think. ive even stopped eating peanut butter :haha:

I'm sure you'll be fine :hugs: A small family run hotel will still advise you on what to do. Trust me, Even if you don't know the words to say i'm sure the sight of a pregnant woman in labour is the same whatever language you speak! :winkwink: Still, i searched this for you anyway, might not be completely correct but hey ho!! In Labour (childbirth) is "en trabajo de parto" or Nearest hospital please is "hospital más cercano, por favor" Try not to worry too much though and just enjoy your break, you're not being selfish, you sound far from it if you ask me! :thumbup:

If you know the area or the information on where you're going then Google it so you get a better idea before you go if it helps you relax! :shrug:

Try not to worry too much though as you don't want to ruin it for yourself :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->