Scared that was my only chance... :( UPDATED PAGE 5 (27 Oct)

You are not bonkers at all. I experienced my first pregnancy in July of this year and my first loss in September. Heartbreaking doesn't even begin to describe the feeling and my heart goes out to you.

The good news is you are younger than me! I am 38 and I got pregnant within 3 months of coming off the pill. My biological didn't start ticking until April of this year (it must have been broken!)

I feel like you do...what if this isn't going to happen for me? We both need to keep the faith!:hugs:

Im so sorry hun but please dont give up if its any concellation im 43 and ttc so please there is always a chance and you have proven that you can fall pregnant so take time and it will happen again .
Good Luck xx

I know how you feel. I mc in july and feel I will never get pregnant again . I am 36 and I only met my OH 2 years ago but didnt feel I could try to have a baby too soon in the relationship. Some of us just dont get a choice or the ideal time to have a baby in our twenties. hang in there, I m sure it will happen

The same thing happened to my sister. PG with her first at 35, about to turn 36 and MC. They took a break for a few months and then she fell PG again. This time carried to term with no problems and had a beautiful girl. Then a little over a year later, she accidentally got pregnant again, so now she has two girls having them at 36 and 38.
I never tried to get pregnant until just before I turned 36 and got my BFP just before my 36th birthday. I now have a beautiful boy.
I don't think 35 is late at all for a 1st baby.

Sorry for your loss. Don't give up! Your not being selfish

Kit Cat,
I too am 35, going on 36 and I also have just experienced my first miscarriage.
Having never 'tried' to get pregnant before, I assumed it would be easy as you spend all your life trying NOT to get preg don't you...!
After 12 months of trying, I could not believe my luck that I was finally pregnant, everything went smoothly and I also couldn't believe I had got to 12 weeks without a hitch and then was told the devastating news that my baby had died at 7 weeks.
I too feel now that maybe that was my one chance - I still havent had AF since the m/c and am panicking that it might not return and I may not ovulate... everything goes through your mind.

Nice to read all these stories of hope though, thanks girls and babydust to you all

:dust:

so sorry for your loss. Don't give up hope. I have 3 older children, but am currently expecting my 4th (my youngest is 12) and I am 42 years old...and this was a surprise!

It's lovely to read all these positive stories so thanks to all who posted these.

I just wanted to add that it's important those of us who have had a m/c the first time (like me too), that we remember that it's a really positive sign that we were able to get pregnant and even though it's heart-breaking when we have a m/c - that it is very likely we will get those BFPs again soon and have healthy and happy babies! Lots of positive thoughts and baby dust to everyone xx

some lovely positive posts on here - thanks ladies its so helpful!

Big hug kit cat - you're in the same boat as many of us and altho it can feel so lonely sometimes it does help to log on here and know there are people who understand - so sorry for your loss :hugs:

fingers crossed for your TTC journey (roller coaster)

:flower:

debsbaby you give me so much hope i am 43 44 in dec and am now on soy this cycle my last hope so thank you and i hope all goes well for you and bubs congratulations xxxxx

Hello Ladies,

I'd like to join you here if you don't mind. I'm 35, 36 next month and have just experienced my first pregnancy and on Monday/Tuesday this week, my first miscarriage. I and OH are gutted but coping with the loss. My biggest fear is that due to my age, if I ever get PG again, it will end the same way. It's weird, but until this happened, my body clock was not ticking anywhere near as loudly as it is now. I'm so worried that I will continue to fail due to being selfish and leaving it until now.
Does anyone else feel the same or am I bonkers?
Best of luck to everyone :thumbup:
my baby #3 came just after my 35 birthday and we are trying for baby #4 at 37/38 and my husband is 47/48 and we so dont worry, you are never too old to start trying and like the others have said u are most fertile after a mc i got pregnant twice straight after mc, i have had 3 mc and 3 children. good luck from me :)
https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttb22a9.aspx

Thanks so much mumof3girls. I'm so sorry you have had to endure the three losses though - must have been truly awful for you :cry:

We are intending to try again straight away also - I know you said you became pregnant straight after mc, if it's not too personal, can I ask if everything went ok with those pregnancies? I just have an awful worry that if I did become pregnant straight away, the same horrid thing will happen :nope:

Thanks again, good luck and take care :hugs:

I think trying to stay positive is the best thing anyone can do. If u see it all negatively then u have a tendency to spiral downwards and i think that can make things worse.

Im 43 and just starting my 16th cycle after getting AF yesterday. The only time i feel like its never gonna happen and ill never be a mother is around this time, when AF shows. The rest of the time im fairly good at keepin a positive outlook on it all. Ive had one m/c which was in august but in some ways i was relieved that at least i cud fall pregnant.

Keep the PMA goin ladies and we will all get there...good luck to u all xxxxxxx

Thanks so much mumof3girls. I'm so sorry you have had to endure the three losses though - must have been truly awful for you :cry:

We are intending to try again straight away also - I know you said you became pregnant straight after mc, if it's not too personal, can I ask if everything went ok with those pregnancies? I just have an awful worry that if I did become pregnant straight away, the same horrid thing will happen :nope:

Thanks again, good luck and take care :hugs:

Yes each time i had a mc i got pregnant straight away with a live f/t pregnancy, but straight after a live birth the next time was always a mc but then live again, i swear it was messing with my head, so dont worry chances of it happening in a row are very rare although that can happen if there are underlying reasons, i think i may have a problem holding onto boys, seeing that i have 3 girls and 3 mc, its only a theory at this stage but am trying for a boy now so only time will tell if im right :) good luck hun sending lots of hugs and baby dust towards you :)

I think trying to stay positive is the best thing anyone can do. If u see it all negatively then u have a tendency to spiral downwards and i think that can make things worse.

Im 43 and just starting my 16th cycle after getting AF yesterday. The only time i feel like its never gonna happen and ill never be a mother is around this time, when AF shows. The rest of the time im fairly good at keepin a positive outlook on it all. Ive had one m/c which was in august but in some ways i was relieved that at least i cud fall pregnant.

Keep the PMA goin ladies and we will all get there...good luck to u all xxxxxxx

you are absolutly right, it is the only way :) keep positive :) although i do understand, it will happen for us all :) im sure of it :)

Hun im 43 44 in dec this year and i have been ttc for nearly 3 years, i have had 9 early mmc but i was not going to let it stop me or get me down instead i did a bit of research and found that Soy Isoflavones have helped do many women our age that i would give it a go so this cycle i took it CD2 -6 and had really really strong OV pains, bd for 6 days running up to ov and 2 days after it and according to my temp chart and FF we have a 90% of getting pregnant this month. Im 7dpo today and last night was up all night with nausea to the extent i was gagging and tonight i have it again, and im so tired i just want to sleep at night !!!!!.
DONT give up , explore the internet for Soy isoflavones and fertility and see if you fancy trying it too. Good Luck hun xxx

Yes Yes!! You are ABSOLUTLY INSANE!!!
LOL OK all joking aside,
No I have felt that way.
Honestly its probably just REALLY rotten luck and you should be able to carry a baby to term just as soon as your ready to try again!!!
I beleive it was you the other day that picked me up when I was down and now its my turn!
Dont give up!!! My Dr said 1 in 4 pregnancies end in MC so the statistical chances of you mcing again are low!
Keep trying and good luck!

Hun im 43 44 in dec this year and i have been ttc for nearly 3 years, i have had 9 early mmc but i was not going to let it stop me or get me down instead i did a bit of research and found that Soy Isoflavones have helped do many women our age that i would give it a go so this cycle i took it CD2 -6 and had really really strong OV pains, bd for 6 days running up to ov and 2 days after it and according to my temp chart and FF we have a 90% of getting pregnant this month. Im 7dpo today and last night was up all night with nausea to the extent i was gagging and tonight i have it again, and im so tired i just want to sleep at night !!!!!.
DONT give up , explore the internet for Soy isoflavones and fertility and see if you fancy trying it too. Good Luck hun xxx

Wow!! That sounds extremely promising....please let me know how you get on :thumbup: And thanks for the words of support. Some days are easier to stay positive than others eh?

The very best of luck to you :hugs:

Yes Yes!! You are ABSOLUTLY INSANE!!!
LOL OK all joking aside,
No I have felt that way.
Honestly its probably just REALLY rotten luck and you should be able to carry a baby to term just as soon as your ready to try again!!!
I beleive it was you the other day that picked me up when I was down and now its my turn!
Dont give up!!! My Dr said 1 in 4 pregnancies end in MC so the statistical chances of you mcing again are low!
Keep trying and good luck!

Hey Mom23monkies :thumbup:

Thanks for the chuckle and backatcha! And just so you know, I think I am actually a bit barking :haha: but it does make life more interesting :winkwink:

Really though, thanks a million x

Hey Mom23monkies :thumbup:

Thanks for the chuckle and backatcha! And just so you know, I think I am actually a bit barking :haha: but it does make life more interesting :winkwink:

Really though, thanks a million x

LOL I thank you much!!!!
And honestly I beleive that if you dont stay a little crazy you will most likly go COMPLETLY insane!!!
So we can be excentric together
:happydance::flower::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"