Scared to admit to it

Pixie_Dust

Reaction score
But I am so desperate for another girl. It's starting to eat at me. I have a gorgeous girl already she's 1. She's the perfect little girl and I long to give her a sister. I just can't bring myself to even think it could be a boy. I know I sound selfish and horrible and I am feeling so guilty as i know it shouldn't matter whatever the gender and I already have a girl!
I go shopping and rush to the girls clothes and try and pretend the boys stuff is just as cute. I'm so worried I'm going to be dissapointed. Of course no matter what the gender I will love my child unconditional but this feeling of longing for another girl is hard.

To make it worse my friend is two weeks ahead of me and she has a little girl already too and she wants another. I feel if she has a girl and I have a boy I'd be so upset.
I feel terrible. I thought I was fine with both genders :/

:hugs: I hope you get your girl. I have 2 boys and a girl and was desperate for this one to be a girl so DD could have a sister. It's a boy tho and she was upset but I'm hoping that knowing its a boy will give her time to ce round before the birth! When do you find out the gender?

But I am so desperate for another girl. It's starting to eat at me. I have a gorgeous girl already she's 1. She's the perfect little girl and I long to give her a sister. I just can't bring myself to even think it could be a boy. I know I sound selfish and horrible and I am feeling so guilty as i know it shouldn't matter whatever the gender and I already have a girl!
I go shopping and rush to the girls clothes and try and pretend the boys stuff is just as cute. I'm so worried I'm going to be dissapointed. Of course no matter what the gender I will love my child unconditional but this feeling of longing for another girl is hard.

To make it worse my friend is two weeks ahead of me and she has a little girl already too and she wants another. I feel if she has a girl and I have a boy I'd be so upset.
I feel terrible. I thought I was fine with both genders :/

:hugs: I hope you get your girl. I have 2 boys and a girl and was desperate for this one to be a girl so DD could have a sister. It's a boy tho and she was upset but I'm hoping that knowing its a boy will give her time to ce round before the birth! When do you find out the gender?

Aww so sorry to hear you didn't get your girl :( congratulations on your little boy! When did you find out you were having a boy? We have our 12 week scan on Monday on the day of my birthday! but they are pretty sure I'm further along than that so its a waiting game. Ill be getting the scan as I hit 16 weeks. I've even seen that the place I went to last time does them at 15 weeks its so tempting to go then but I'm not sure how accurate it is. I'm hoping that its just nerves about having a boy that's making me feel this way but the more time goes on the more I'm praying its a girl

I had a scan at 16wks and dr said he was 99% sure it was a boy but the cord was in the way! Went back at 17wks and confirmed it was a boy! Then had 20 week hospital scan and sonographer also said boy. Saw all his bits :haha: I'm 22 weeks now and still a bit sad he's a he (feel bad even writing this) but coming to terms with it!

:hugs: if baby is a boy, you will be so surprised how awesome they are, and the clothes are not really that great, until bubs is here and you know what just makes him look so handsome in!!! :) I origionaly wanted all girls, and now I would LOVE LOVE LOVE another boy. I think I would be content with all boys, but for my husbands sake, I hope this baby is a girl since he really wants a daughter.

I'm in the same boat as you, except the opposite! I have such a lovely little boy and I am desperate to give him a little brother. I have no desire to have a girl!

I had a scan at 16wks and dr said he was 99% sure it was a boy but the cord was in the way! Went back at 17wks and confirmed it was a boy! Then had 20 week hospital scan and sonographer also said boy. Saw all his bits :haha: I'm 22 weeks now and still a bit sad he's a he (feel bad even writing this) but coming to terms with it!

That must of been really hard as i can only imagine the wait between scans you were holding into the thought maybe it was a girl. I know I'd be the same though and come to terms with it and love the baby no matter what. But i think it would scare me to death if I were to hear boy. I don't know if its just young boys in my family and the parents say oooh you might get one just like mine then god help you... And they laugh but I'm falling down a mind well while thinking please let it not be

:hugs: if baby is a boy, you will be so surprised how awesome they are, and the clothes are not really that great, until bubs is here and you know what just makes him look so handsome in!!! :) I origionaly wanted all girls, and now I would LOVE LOVE LOVE another boy. I think I would be content with all boys, but for my husbands sake, I hope this baby is a girl since he really wants a daughter.

I am hanging on to this thought and am trying to think maybe its because I've never had a boy before so I have nothing to relate it to. I know I'd love a little boy no matter what but I'm just so nervous ill show my disappointment to dh who would of course would be upset that I'm sad and maybe even slightly angry that I feel this way? I've prepared him that I'm having these feelings and he seems to think we have nothing to worry about as its a girl anyway but he keeps assuring me these feelings will go away. I know they will when baby is born and it just won't matter when im holding my lo for the first time, but I just can't picture me having a boy. I also worry I won't be as excited as I was with my little girl. I can't even think of nice boys names :/ I feel awful writing this :nope:

I'm in the same boat as you, except the opposite! I have such a lovely little boy and I am desperate to give him a little brother. I have no desire to have a girl!

I totally hear you! I've built such a strong relationship with my little girl and can't imagine a boy at all! I just feel it wouldn't be the same if I had a boy. My dh stepbrother has a little boy he's 2 and he's just so hyper. He runs around banging into doors, picking his nose and wiping it on people and all over the walls, takes his clothes off at the dinner table and throws food at the windows and while of course I know it's down to the parenting, it puts me off so much.

Wow im in excatly the same position but it reverse, i have one year boy who is my world, and no matter how hard i try to look at girls stuff i really dont like it, i cant find a girls name, or girls clothes or toys, and in generall just cant picture a girl at all.

I know the feelings are just irational but i cant shake them, it is all i think about which i find sad as i intend this to be my last baby and feel i cant enjoy it until i found out.

and like you my cousin is pregnant and due two weeks before me and found out today that she is expecting a little boy...i actually had a little cry...which freeking insane.

Sorry i will stop hijaking your thread now, but know your not alone and it doesnt make you a bad mother...just one that cares a LOT. when do you find out?

Wow im in excatly the same position but it reverse, i have one year boy who is my world, and no matter how hard i try to look at girls stuff i really dont like it, i cant find a girls name, or girls clothes or toys, and in generall just cant picture a girl at all.

I know the feelings are just irational but i cant shake them, it is all i think about which i find sad as i intend this to be my last baby and feel i cant enjoy it until i found out.

and like you my cousin is pregnant and due two weeks before me and found out today that she is expecting a little boy...i actually had a little cry...which freeking insane.

Sorry i will stop hijaking your thread now, but know your not alone and it doesnt make you a bad mother...just one that cares a LOT. when do you find out?

Oh wow, we are in a similar situation. I literally worry about this all the time it's the only thing I can focus on and like you say it's such a shame as we should be excited and be able to relax. I'm exactly like you and feel I can't relax until I know. My friend finds out in two weeks and if I'm honest I'm so nervous. I have my 12 week scan on Monday which is my birthday too. I'm hoping for a big clue on the gender then. But the hospital was sure I'm going to be measuring ahead based on a recent scan I had due to a little fall. So I'm hoping to be a little ahead so I can find out the gender sooner.

My poor dh knows I feel like this and it must be so hard for him too. I just want this part to be over. I know my baby's healthy and happy and that means the world to me. I just don't know how to shake the feelings either. My dh was saying he'd like this to be our last too and I just can't imagine not having another baby girl. My family would just be horrified if I told them this, I'm so grateful for this part of the forum as it is such a hard thing to talk about and I would never want to upset anyone

Its hard when you feel like that. I have two boys and am pregnant wit my last which is another boy. I did really want a girl as I have always felt it was important to have a daughter, more for the relationship when she is older than now as me and my sisters and mum are so close. I can tell you though the one thing that made my disappointment very short lived is thinking about the amount of love and the bond i have with my two sons. I just thought how can I feel like this when I have two little boys who I am so close to and are my world, i know the third will be no different. My boys can be hyper but they are so loving and affectionate and very wel behaved when its important.

I hope you get your girl, but if you don't I am sure that the bond you have with your son will be just as strong as with your daughter :)

Goodluck finding out xxx

I hope you get your girl but even if you don't, everything will be ok :hugs:

Had my 12 week scan and got awful pictures and barely got to see baby. Was really dissapointed so we booked a private scan on Saturday morning to have another look and get some good pics for gender guessing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->