Scared to tell family that im pregnant

itwasawendys

Reaction score
Hi! Im 24 with a 3 year old son and my partner is 28 and I've recently just found out that I am pregnant with my (planned) second child! However, and I know it might seem silly but I am pretty scared to tell my family! I have recently been diagnosed with bipolar, which although suffering with the illness isn't new to me, the label is and I think my family kind of somehow think I'm less capable to function as a human anymore! Any advice or experiences with something like this would be great! Thanks!

I was afraid to tell my family as well. I have anxiety, depression and PTSD so I definitely understand.. but don't worry about it. You already have a baby… I'm sure they'll be thrilled with another.

Congratulations! I also have bipolar disorder and am pregnant with my second. People with mental health problems like bipolar can still be great parents as I'm sure you know. In fact, now you have the diagnosis you're probably in a better position as you'll get more support from health services during your pregnancy and after your baby is born. Explain that to your family, although hopefully they'll see how you are with your other child and know you're a capable parent!

I'm also a bi polar sufferer and have survived 2 pregnancies 😄 you will be fine, I know how hard it is but you'll will get there with support from your family

Sorry you are scared to tell your family!!! Hopefully they will take it much better than you expect - be excited and positive when you announce, maybe they'll be less likely to be negative (than if you're apologetic & nervous)? Do a super cute announcement if possible and don't tell them anything other than how great you feel lol

Also, side note, when I was younger - 15/16 or so - I was diagnosed "bi polar"

It wasn't until I was much older did I realize it was actually PMDD, a severe, emotional form of PMS.
First sign was my symptoms completely subsided when I was pregnant with and then nursing, pregnant again, etc...no cycle (my first baby at 18 y/o)
My dr was pretty shocked when I told her I felt great the whole time, never needed meds. Then my cycle came back & I started tracking them for the first time in my life, for pregnancy prevention w/o hormones...well, guess what - it was obvious my symptoms correlated with my cycles. Anyways, I like to try to bring a little awareness to PMDD, it can be so similar to bipolar symptoms.

Good luck!

I have ptsd and anxiety and neither were properly diagnosed until I was pregnant. Do not blame yourself you are and will be a great mom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->