Scared to tell?

xCherylx

Pregnant and Mum of 1
Reaction score
I'll start by saying I'm 26 and feel like a big chicken! :blush:

We have our 12 weeks scan on Friday and was going to tell our parents then, when we know everything is ok. Purely because we had an early ectopic scare.

I am literally terrified to tell my mum and dad.... no reason really, I know they will be a little shocked as any parent would be (even though it's our second) but when I think of what I am going to say I just don't know lol!

I think I will just show mum the picture and follow her lead haha?

I felt the same, I'm having my fourth and wasn't looking forward to telling people. The judgments! The 'oh you'll have your hands full' and just general shitty comments. So I just came out with it. You'll be fine :)

I havent told anyone yet, Im terrified and im older than you and already have a child! waahh!

Haha that's ok I'm 32 with my 3rd and was terrified to tell my mom ;) but in my case she hasn't always reacted the best, but she did this time :) the last time I was pregnant I was 27 and she lectured me for a bit but that's just her. Good luck! Could you do something special to break the news so she will be encouraged to have a positive reaction?

I'm thinking of waiting until Friday when I have scan and just say' "we have some news for you" and show her the picture. I know when she get's over the shock she will be ok its just having the balls to tell her lol!

My ds is 2.5 and all I got was 'it'd be nice if you had another one...'
Funny how different families are! I'm sure they'll be thrilled for you :)

Im more scared of telling my new boss.... not even started there yet oooops

why are you scared? are you not married? lol That's the only reason I would be scared to tell my mom is if I got pregnant out of wedlock lol I come from a christian family tho

I would wait until Mother's Day and then show her the scan and say, happy Mother's Day, you're getting s new grand baby! If you act happy about it then maybe the excitement will be contagious!

We we have been together for 8 years and I know they will be happy for us it's just the initial shock I guess I'm just scared to find the words?
My husband had the idea of sending in our son with a brother in training T-shirt but I think that's a bit of a cop out although I'm leaning towards the idea lol

We we have been together for 8 years and I know they will be happy for us it's just the initial shock I guess I'm just scared to find the words?
My husband had the idea of sending in our son with a brother in training T-shirt but I think that's a bit of a cop out although I'm leaning towards the idea lol

That's what we're doing haha. The shirt will say "guess what?" On the front and "I'm going to be a big brother!" On the back.

I'm afraid to tell my mom. She's spent her whole life telling me that my brother and I were too close together in age and I shouldn't do the same. My brother and I are 18 months apart and my kids will be 15 months apart.

I couldn't find the words to tell my mom. OH did it for me while we were visiting last week. I think the fact that the last time I announced a pregnancy to my family I was 16 & obviously it wasn't a pleasent reaction just scarred me for life. I JUST told my dad, I was TERRIFIED. Mostly because I'm not married yet.

I am pregnant with baby number 7 so you can imagine the reactions I get. Nearly fall over when someone says congratulations!

I'm 26 and terrified to tell my father and sister, told my mom last week even though we were horrified but she was so excited, she's already shopping for baby clothes. She loves my SO, not married yet, but he is raising my son as his own and he is so incredible. His family is so excited too. Got a horrible reaction from a friend, really not excited to tell my sister as she is probably going to be jealous and judgemental. All that really matters is that we're happy right? Now if only I could convince my anxiety...

I am pregnant with baby number 7 so you can imagine the reactions I get. Nearly fall over when someone says congratulations!

That's so horrible, I think its amazing you are on number 7, well done to you xxxx

So far I've only told a small handful of trusted people, my mother, a good friend of mine, my cousin, and 3 close family friends whom we see on a regular basis.

I'm expecting my 3rd, and not looking forward to telling anyone. People seem to think that because I have one of each gender I am, in their eyes "done," so me having or wanting another is "insane."

I was pregnant in Jan and sadly it ended in a miscarriage. I've not wanted to tell anyone yet from fear of having another miscarriage. Not only that, but my so called "best friend" called me stupid when I told her I was pregnant in Jan, and when I had my miscarriage, her idea of consoling me was telling me that everyone she knows who has 3 hated it. Way to shit on my dream of having 3 :(

I was quick to tell people when I was expecting before, and I thought that I would be too excited to keep it to myself this time, but so far I am actually enjoying not having told anyone on the social media. No one is pestering me or nosing in my business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->