Scared to test!

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
Well it's CD26 and based on average cycle length my period is officially due today, last month was even earlier. I was desperate to test a week ago but now that the day I said would test is here, I haven't taken one. I wanted to use FMU so now I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I don't know what I'm more scared of, a positive or a negative! Obviously I really really want another child, but I was very sick last pregnancy and the actual 9 months leading up to the birth scares me. I'd go through active labour than the debilitating sickness. At the same time I am also scared of getting a BFN, as the age gap is already much bigger than I envisaged..

I don't know what this post is about really, just clearing my head.

Anyone else get nervous when it's finally time to test?!

im over a week late, had a cp last month and doc said to leave it a few wks after im late to test so if the worst happens i wont know as i was in a state. so i know im nervous about testing. But i know what you mean, i had cervical bleeding, its common in first tri, but its rare to have right through for 9 months, and you guessed it had it for 9 months. i had so many scans emergency appointments extra checks visits to a and e i do keep thinking fo i want to put my head through that again. Also had a lot of problems giving birth so was very lucky he wasnt an emergency c section... really want another baby but its a long time to worry for 9 months.... not sure when im going to test not got any symptoms really but my back is aching and i keep getting on off af cramps and twinges at the side and top of my belly which i dont normally get when af is due, but bit worried about the back ache and cramps near groin/bottom of stomach in case af starts. might test either this sat or next

This is helpful...I too had a cp last month and started on Provera...all tests so far are negative but I can see how waiting can be better than finding out about a very early m/c :/

Well it's CD26 and based on average cycle length my period is officially due today, last month was even earlier. I was desperate to test a week ago but now that the day I said would test is here, I haven't taken one. I wanted to use FMU so now I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I don't know what I'm more scared of, a positive or a negative! Obviously I really really want another child, but I was very sick last pregnancy and the actual 9 months leading up to the birth scares me. I'd go through active labour than the debilitating sickness. At the same time I am also scared of getting a BFN, as the age gap is already much bigger than I envisaged..

I don't know what this post is about really, just clearing my head.

Anyone else get nervous when it's finally time to test?!

I know exactly how you feel. I am a nurse so I know all the things that can go wrong...starting with m/c. On top of that I am a pediatric nurse so once I AM pregnant, I obsess about all the thinks that can go wrong. I am going to try to wait until af is late in case of a chemical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->