Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Thank you! I'm assuming it's good as the scan lady didn't say she could see active bleeding, only a clot... Although I'm not sure what any of it meant tbh, I didn't think to ask questions til I was home! I'm hoping for good news though lol xx

Apparently not a lot of doctors elaborate about SCH's because mine told me absolutely nothing about mine when I was diagnosed, and a lot of the ladies I've talked to say the same thing! I got all of my info from a support group that I joined on facebook. It's surprising how little people have heard about them when they are as common as they are.

I’m kind of happy I found this thread. Wanted to give my story real quick. I had some bleeding at 5 weeks and was diagnosed With a SCH. The bleeding only lasted a day. I had a follow up ultrasound 11 days later and the SCH was gone.. because what they thought was a SCH was actually a 2nd sac! Here I am with twins. Still blows my mind that it was mistaken for a SCH but at that stage there was nothing in the sacs.

Did anyone have any pain with their sch? Not like cramping but like an aching uterus? I'm trying to figure out if the pain is from the sch or my csection scar! It just feels like pressure in my lower abdomen, just an achey feeling!

Yes. I have had an aching uterus for most of this pregnancy. My SCH has resolved, so I'm pretty sure it's not SCH related, just one of the joys of pregnancy.

I had a SCH which resolved itself by 24 weeks and I'm just waiting on little man now 💙

I'm sorry for not responding sooner to everybody's posts. I haven't been on here for ages....

I'm 29 weeks now, and received the all-clear on the SCH front a few weeks back.

6lilpigs - I know this is late, but I'm so sorry :hugs:

Waitingagirl - I'm so pleased for you. It's such a relief, isn't it? :)

Ameeann - I had quite a bit of cramping and aches. It's very disconcerting, but I've made it to 29 weeks, so take heart.

Ellie - I had a lot of bleeding (TMI ahead) - 6 bleeding episodes in total, with two so large that they went through my pad and clothes and I had a small amount of blood on the bathroom floor, along with some really large clots! Despite all of that, it resolved and baby is now kicking away happily at 29 weeks. I'm not saying this to frighten you, just to let you know that you can have a lot of bleeding and the SCH can still resolve! Please make sure you stay hydrated, and don't do anything too strenuous.
Regarding bed rest, the EPU didn't suggest it, but when I saw my GP after my 4th bleed, she blew a gasket and put me on medical leave for over a month. I returned to work once I knew that the SCH had resolved.

Mel28nicole - Congratulations! How lovely :)

Marajade - Thank you for sharing your story. I too had a misdiagnosed miscarriage after my first bleed. I'm so glad things worked out :)

I concur with Viera - they really don't give you a lot of information on diagnosis. I found out most of what I know from reading the medical literature, and other information sources. I didn't realise that there's a FB group, but TBH, I'm less active on FB than I am on here :)

Sending good thoughts to everybody. Hope it all works out for all of you :hugs:

Hi ladies, seems I'm here.I had my first appt today with dating scan. The good part is baby is measuring exactly by my O date. HR is nice and strong at 158. The bad news is I have a moderate sch. They did not give me measurements, but I could clearly see it on my scan. It goes a long way around the gestational sac. :nope: Midwife seemed very concerned and told me it's a "coin toss" whether I'll lose baby or not. She said it was good to see a baby measuring bang on dates & with a strong hb, but they can not predict with the bleed. They plan to do nothing to follow up. She said resume normal activities, it's in God's hands & I can't do anything to change it. She also said I do have issue for concern because my eggs are 41 years old. Basically she was a huge ray of sunshine......
I have been googling all day - of course, and I can't help but think maybe restricting my activities can't hurt. I'm going to increase my water intake - super hard because I feel so pukey.
Here’s my perfect little bean
F880BB38-C26C-4099-9CD1-BC3A769B89CC.jpg
I guess I'm just looking for some encouragement.

It seems like doctors and midwife's never want to tell you what is up when it comes to a SCH.

They occur in around 3.1% of all pregnancies and are the most common cause of bleeding in the first trimester. Most SCH's resolve themselves by 20 weeks.

It's important to get as much rest as you can, drink plenty of fluids, no heavy lifting (nothing over 10lbs), and no strenuous activity.

Are you actively bleeding? If so, how heavy is it?

It seems like doctors and midwife's never want to tell you what is up when it comes to a SCH.

They occur in around 3.1% of all pregnancies and are the most common cause of bleeding in the first trimester. Most SCH's resolve themselves by 20 weeks.

It's important to get as much rest as you can, drink plenty of fluids, no heavy lifting (nothing over 10lbs), and no strenuous activity.

Are you actively bleeding? If so, how heavy is it?

Thank you for your reply! I am not bleeding at all and have had no bleeding or spotting at all so far:shrug:

Not bleeding is usually better than bleeding. Bleeding can irritate the sac and cause issues further along. I would prefer to not bleed!

That is great to hear! I will update my progress as it comes.

I had a massive bleed at 6 weeks and was also told it was going to be 50/50. They really cannot predict how it will go because people vary so much. After 2/3 days of red blood, I had several weeks of brown blood and now nothing for 2 weeks. I have my 12 week/dating scan on Monday and I am hopeful the SCH will have resolved. It had shrunk a lot at 8 weeks.
I didn’t rest. I have a 1 year old and I returned to work 2 weeks ago after a year on maternity leave. There was no way I could avoid lifting my son and I refuse to ruin my time with him because of this vile thing. I did increase my water intake for a bit, but that’s all.
I honestly think it’s the luck of the draw, which is so hard to hear. I joined a support group and there were lots of people on there who had lost babies and it felt so negative and depressing, so I left. I think the stats are actually good and better than 50/50. Many women don’t even know they have one unless it bleeds and many deliver the SCH with the baby.
I hope yours resolves and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Thank you for your encouragement. I hope everything continues to get better for you. With all my kids there is no way I could be on bedrest. I plan to take it as easy as I can.
Please let us how how your scan goes. I’ll be thinking of you :flower:

How is everyone doing?
I’ve had no bleeding so I’m assuming that’s good news? I do feel concerned because my belly is so big. I’m fearful that the bleed is bigger & making me bigger. Just being paranoid? My nt scan is scheduled for 4/5 so I’ll get a peek at what’s going on in there. Super frustrating I won’t know anything until then.

I always took no bleeding a s a good sign. Also, I've never heard of a SCH causing a belly to be bigger, so probably just normal pregnancy bloating :)

I always took no bleeding a s a good sign. Also, I've never heard of a SCH causing a belly to be bigger, so probably just normal pregnancy bloating :)

Thank you! It can really drive you crazy not knowing what is going on in there! I’m on the fence about calling my ob and requesting a scan. I know if I told him I’m going slightly crazy and I need piece of mind he’d do it. Or I can wait until my nt scan. It’s not that far away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->