Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

I’ve not read back and I know this is an old thread but I’ve just been diagnosed with a SCH and hoped for some support.
I had a very heavy bleed on Friday night at 6+1. A&E said my cervix was closed and booked me for a scan today. Today there was a heartbeat and baby is measuring well, but the haematoma is nearly as big as the gestational sac, though anterior to it.

I have to go back in 2 weeks for another scan. No mention of bed rest. My research tells me I should rest but I have an 11 month old so not sure how that will work.

Anyone still here?

I had heavy, heavy bleeds with my sch. I never went on bedrest, but was definitely on pelvic rest for months. I had 5-6 huge, dramatic bleeds (with tiny clots) and spotted pink or brown 99% of the rest of the time. It finally all resolved by 18-20 weeks and he is a happy 3.5y.o. :)

I had heavy, heavy bleeds with my sch. I never went on bedrest, but was definitely on pelvic rest for months. I had 5-6 huge, dramatic bleeds (with tiny clots) and spotted pink or brown 99% of the rest of the time. It finally all resolved by 18-20 weeks and he is a happy 3.5y.o. :)

Thank you for replying. I’m not enjoying the constant brown gunk but it is definitely preferable to the gushes of blood. I’m so happy to hear it all resolved for you.

Hello ellie, I seem to be having similar to what you have just said, the browny black gunk on wiping for the past week, then the gush of red, first incident of red on the school pick up yesterday! That was close to being embarrassing:) I have booked a private scan for Thursday at 11am just to see for myself whats going on. I think I am about 9-10 weeks.

Hello ellie, I seem to be having similar to what you have just said, the browny black gunk on wiping for the past week, then the gush of red, first incident of red on the school pick up yesterday! That was close to being embarrassing:) I have booked a private scan for Thursday at 11am just to see for myself whats going on. I think I am about 9-10 weeks.

Did you get checked out after the bleed, to check your cervix is closed etc?

No not been checked for anything, I'm going to the scan tomorrow unless things really pick up here in which i case I will hopefully recognise its over. Yesterday at 3pm another gush with slightly bigger clots, I think i am 80% sure it is not a good sign. so far this morning I have just had reddy pink when I wipe. We will see, you never know:) Hows it going for you ??

I’ll be thinking of you. Let me know how you get on. I was so sure it was over with the amount of boood I saw, but the baby was fine. They are stronger than we realise.

I’ve not bled for a few days now and even the brown has stopped. I have another scan on Friday, so am praying for good heartbeat and that baby has continued to grow.

Hey ladies just want to wish you both lots of luck, I hope your scans go well.

My friend had a large sch and bled a lot, it was very scary but her little boy was born a few months ago, full term and totally fine. I hope you get more information at your scans and a positive outcome. I totally understand your fear xxx

Well for me it turns out that I had a blighted ovum, which means the baby didnt develop at all only the bag, it got to about 6 weeks then stopped. I will hopefully naturally miscarry now that my brain ha caught up with my body. I am very glad that I went for the private scan as knowing that baby had never develop is alot better than wondering what went or i did wrong for a little person to stop growing at 9-10 weeks. Good luck all visitors to this thread:hugs:

Oh I'm so sorry 6lilpigs, I hope everything happens naturally for you and all is ok. :hugs:

Oh no I’m so sorry. I hope that it is painless and quick. Take time to grieve because whatever the pregnancy was intended to be, you had a baby there when you got a positive test. Thinking of you xxx

Hey ladies I hope some of you still check this thread... I had an early scan today due to some pain, to rule out ectopic, no bleeding though, however the scan shows a relatively large clot (comparison to sac etc) well I think it was, its a bit of a blur tbh... I don't feel very hopeful as I had a mc in November, I've put myself on pelvic rest and minimal duties, is no bleeding a good sign? I'm so worried :( around 6 weeks and we saw a hb (which I read is a good sign even eith a clot)

Not sure if you read back and saw my posts. I started spotting early on and have 5-6 major, dramatic bleeds. I had cramps, and spotting a lot and for 99% of the time whenever I wiped, there was either brown or pink blood. It finally cleared up around 17/18 weeks but I was told to remain on pelvic rest until 20 weeks just to be sure. That baby is now my 3.5y.o. rambunctious son.

Most sch stories end well. Some don't. The first time I went in for bleeding, they sent me home with miscarriage paperwork. :( But it all worked out. I was a wreck for all those weeks. And for the rest of my pregnancy, I still hesitated to check the toilet paper when I wiped - I was so scared the entire pregnancy. It did get better as time went on. But that fear was always there.

Just stay on pelvic rest, and be kind to yourself. <3

Thank you <3 it's so hard to not be a nervous wreck isn't it! I'm glad your story ended well!

Hi ameeann. I am in a similar situation.
I gushed red blood at 6+2 and was diagnosed with an SCH. The baby has gone from strength to strength and I&#8217;ve been lucky to have 4 scans in 2.5 weeks. The haematoma has shrunk a lot and I&#8217;ve been bleeding brown gunk for 2 weeks so I think that was it coming out. I still hate to find blood when I wipe but at least I know it&#8217;s old blood.
I&#8217;m on a Facebook SCH support group and can give you the details if you want. Don&#8217;t google SCH or you will read horrible things. Most pregnancies with an SCH are just fine.

Hi ameeann. I am in a similar situation.
I gushed red blood at 6+2 and was diagnosed with an SCH. The baby has gone from strength to strength and I&#8217;ve been lucky to have 4 scans in 2.5 weeks. The haematoma has shrunk a lot and I&#8217;ve been bleeding brown gunk for 2 weeks so I think that was it coming out. I still hate to find blood when I wipe but at least I know it&#8217;s old blood.
I&#8217;m on a Facebook SCH support group and can give you the details if you want. Don&#8217;t google SCH or you will read horrible things. Most pregnancies with an SCH are just fine.

Oh that would be great! Thank you...

The epu were just like, yeh, it's hit and miss, just gotta see what happens... :/ although the lady scanning me told me it's really common! I have another scan in 2 weeks to assess the bleed, depending on if I bleed prior to then or not!

Hey ladies I hope some of you still check this thread... I had an early scan today due to some pain, to rule out ectopic, no bleeding though, however the scan shows a relatively large clot (comparison to sac etc) well I think it was, its a bit of a blur tbh... I don't feel very hopeful as I had a mc in November, I've put myself on pelvic rest and minimal duties, is no bleeding a good sign? I'm so worried :( around 6 weeks and we saw a hb (which I read is a good sign even eith a clot)

For me, no bleeding was a good sign. I had spotting one day and a large gush of blood a couple days later, and then nothing. It's hard, because it's either good (it's absorbing itself) or bad (the blood is gathering inside). Mine ended up being good, and it resolved itself. Definitely get as much rest as you can, LOTS of water, and no lifting anything heavy or doing anything strenuous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->