Sch?

gemstone

mother
Reaction score
They haven't said that I have one yet. But they have said I have a area of bleed (haemorrhage) which keeps getting bigger. It's not huge atm but coz it keeps getting bigger I'm worried its will become one. Has anyone had any success stories where they carried all the way to term??
Thanks in advance x

I had a medium sized SCH with DD1. It had reabsorbed by 12 weeks and I was told to just rest and not do anything too strenuous until it went away. My daughter was born at exactly 40 weeks.

I had one, which was diagnosed at 12 weeks. If started off at about 5cm, before growing to 7cm at its largest point. They generally disappear by 20 weeks, although mine was still there (it had shrunk to 2/3cm by that point) at my anomaly scan. Mine was in a bit of tricky spot, which made it more difficult for more body to reabsorb but I finally had confirmation at my last scan (at 28 weeks) that it had disappeared. I'm now 31 weeks pregnant and all is well. The majority of women with SCH's make it to term, so try not to worry too much.

Thanks ladies, mine is 2.5cms atm. At first scan it was 8mms then the next scan it was 18mms at my scan on Tuesday it is now 2.5cms. So it's growing quite quickly. I haven't had any bleeding or spotting for about 2 weeks now. They have said it maybe a sch by 12 week scan. Told not to do any heavy lifting and stuff. But that's hard when I have a 7month only who weighs about 23lb. And isn't sitting up yet. She was born early due to emergency induction for pre-e. So I can to carry her around a lot. Was just worried that could be making it worse 😕

Mine grew pretty rapidly before it started shrinking down too. I bled continuously for 4 weeks, before it stopped at week 16.

To be honest, carrying your LO around probably isn't helping but there isn't much you can do about that- just try to relax as much as you can, when you can. I had to continue working with mine, doing a 6 hour round commute each day, which wasn't ideal, but it was something I had to do. Instead, I eased up on things like housework. I used to spend 5/6 hours at a time cleaning the house from top to bottom, so cutting that out helped. My DH has taken over all housework since then, which has been a godsend.

Try to concentrate on putting your feet up in the evenings, when your LO is napping etc.

Mine grew pretty rapidly before it started shrinking down too. I bled continuously for 4 weeks, before it stopped at week 16.

To be honest, carrying your LO around probably isn't helping but there isn't much you can do about that- just try to relax as much as you can, when you can. I had to continue working with mine, doing a 6 hour round commute each day, which wasn't ideal, but it was something I had to do. Instead, I eased up on things like housework. I used to spend 5/6 hours at a time cleaning the house from top to bottom, so cutting that out helped. My DH has taken over all housework since then, which has been a godsend.

Try to concentrate on putting your feet up in the evenings, when your LO is napping etc.

Thank you, I'm trying I also work in the evenings when hubby gets home. So we take it in turns. So it's early starts and late evenings. Not getting into bed til 12. Then up again at 5 for an hr. Then sleep til 7 then up for the day. So wiped out. Hubby does the house work when he gets bless him. It's just a mad house atm. 3 kids, huge house and 1 of the 7month old relies at lot on us. Can't be laid flat coz reflux. Not long had her harness off for her hips and has a cows milk protein allergy. I'm trying to get some rest I. Somehow lol.
Glad everything is going great now for you and baby 😃

I had one at 11 weeks. It scared the life out of me as there was so much blood when I went to use the restroom. I just knew I was losing my baby.

I was on vacation and had to go to an unfamiliar ER. Thankfully they were so wonderful and my ultrasound showed an alive and well, kicking and bouncing little baby.

I was put on bedrest for a few weeks and had a few check ups in the meantime. Thankfully my body ended up absorbing the hematoma and I went on to have an incident-free pregnancy and a healthy baby girl.

I had one at 11 weeks. It scared the life out of me as there was so much blood when I went to use the restroom. I just knew I was losing my baby.

I was on vacation and had to go to an unfamiliar ER. Thankfully they were so wonderful and my ultrasound showed an alive and well, kicking and bouncing little baby.

I was put on bedrest for a few weeks and had a few check ups in the meantime. Thankfully my body ended up absorbing the hematoma and I went on to have an incident-free pregnancy and a healthy baby girl.

Thank you 😃. So pleased all worked out for you. I hope mine is also like this. I have had quite a lot of bleeding too. Right from the start really thought I was losing baby it it was ectopic. Nearly had a laparoscopy to rule it out. I turned it down tho. Because I had 1 of those before & then had a mc. Just a worrying time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->