School boots in winter?

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
Thus might seem like a silly question. Do you buy your children new boots for winter for school or do you make their school shoes do?

I've been wondering the same as I am never sure how severe the winter will be and if they won't be too hot in boots at school. Hm!

I'm just going with school shoes. I don't think boys really wear boys like girls do though?

Why should boys not wear boots in winter? Mine had proper winter boots like this: https://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/ColumbiaSportswear2/1638111_089_f?$SOR_grid$&align=0,1
I do think these will be too hot for school (besides not being able to afford them anymore :wacko:)

The trouble with boots os in our school they dont take them off to go in the classroom so would it make them too hot??

Why should boys not wear boots in winter? Mine had proper winter boots like this: https://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/ColumbiaSportswear2/1638111_089_f?$SOR_grid$&align=0,1
I do think these will be too hot for school (besides not being able to afford them anymore :wacko:)

Of course. I didn't mean they shouldn't I just meant i don't see boys wearing them up here. They look comfy but I agree probably too hot for school.

Yes I have just sent my ds in shoes.I agree that boots would probably be too hot.If it snows I would send my ds in wellits and thick socks with his shoes to change into.

I get Paige boots, but we walk to school so it's more to make sure her feet are dry! She has these Lelli Kelly ones this year, they are nice and light, and they're not padded or anything. She is perfectly comfortable wearing them in school.
(The little pair are Hannahs)
https://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s521/paigesmummyxx/Oct%2016/DSC_1967_zpspb0hvyk3.jpg

When we lived close enough to school to walk, I put their shoes in a bag, they wore boots to walk there and back and switched shoes in the cloak room.

I've been wondering the same! My daughter's shoes don't seem very wintery. She would be soaked if she was out in the rain in them. I'm going to get her some but some plain leather ones without the warm lining. So I think they'll be ok in the classroom.

I don't get boots for my DS, but boys school shoes (at least every pair I've seen) tend to be leather, waterproof and cover the whole foot, so we've no need for boots. If it was really wet I'd have him walk to school in wellies and change into his shoes to go in.
For the girls I'm not sure; all the school shoes I see seem to be open at the top of the foot and I don't imagine I'll have much luck getting DD1 into a full foot shoe (I can't think of how to describe it, shoes aren't my thing :dohh:) so I imagine we might go for boots, probably a little pair of black Chelsea boots which she can wear out of school too.

Where I live, they wear the winter boots to and from school, and at recess if they go outside. They change into regular shoes for class, and put the boots in their locker.

We don't live in an area where they have school uniforms, so Violet doesn't have school specific shoes. She has a couple pairs of shoes - boots being one of them - and she wears what she's comfortable in. Lately she's been wearing boots everywhere. Also, the type of boots she has is what the UK calls "wellies," or what I just call rain boots.

My two wear snow boots to/from School and change into their normal shoes when they get to School.

We have a 10/15min walk and it can get quite snowy here so their normal school shoes wouldn't be appropriate.

I'm a Scottish Teacher and the norm in the schools I have worked in is that the kids change into plimsoles when indoors. Most wear some kind of boot/wellie over the particularly wet months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->