Schools reopening

He is going to address the nation at 8pm. Talk about leaving it right to the last minute. Haven't mentioned it to my DD as I don't want to get her hopes up, she's really hating school :(
That's so sad that the teachers are getting hate. They've been amazing in all this :(

Teachers haven’t been given enough praise through this IMHO, NHS workers etc are doing amazing but so have teachers, yet many people have forgotten about them x

I'm in Scotland and tbh never expected them to be back in person on the 18th, certainly not the secondary schools, the pre Christmas decision to delay the return till the 11th, and on line, felt like being put in a holding pattern to see what would develop after the festivities. I work with a companies education department and before we finished for Christmas we bumped all of our project re-start dates ahead by more than a month because we weren't convinced we'd be allowed to begin anything in January.
Feel bad for the teachers taking so much stick, I'm sure their lives would be far easier without all of this - and quickly vaccinating them isn't going to stop transmission between childrens households.

So it looks like schools are closed until mid-February from the announcement? Not had an email off our school yet but hopefully it will be confirmed soon.

gosh it is all so vague and so undecided isn't it. Have you told Holly yet?

Aw bless. But I am also sorry that she hates school so much. I hope this won't be a long phase.

Aw bless. But I am also sorry that she hates school so much. I hope this won't be a long phase.

I hope not. She gets so emotional and angry the night before school and frustrated with us for keeping saying the same things to try and reassure her, unsuccessfully!

Well that’s it lockdown 3 !

What else to say right now mixed emotions . Relieved I can stay in and keep my children safe . Saddened because they are going to miss another 6 weeks of school.

Feel for all those who are working or struggling with anything at the minute . All those who are ask risk of job loss .

Going to be up and down the next few weeks . I just pray something changes with the vaccine and we can be more hopeful during the spring / summer months .

I hope not. She gets so emotional and angry the night before school and frustrated with us for keeping saying the same things to try and reassure her, unsuccessfully!
Aww Bev hope your Holly is Ok! God love her such a hard and confusing time for all of them !

The first day of homeschooling went well. We receive the work via Google classroom and then submit it with a picture to prove that it has been completed. Holly has a lesson with her class and teacher on Google Meet today so I'm hoping that the technology will all behave and go to plan!

Hoping everyone is doing OK and surviving lockdown :)

We were supposed to too but we weren't able to log on to google classroom on their chromebooks. I later managed it ok on my Mac which, I think, means that all the security restrictions we put on their chrome books somehow lock them out of the classroom. :dohh:. This totally defeats the purpose of buying the chrome books of course so I am a bit annoyed. I hope Nick can sort it out as I would really rather not have to do it on mine or Nick's for the foreseeable future.
They are also meant to have a daily online meeting with their PE teacher for a short PE session and I just cannot see that happening lol I think their school has NO idea just how lazy my kids are at home.

I'm so glad we aren't doing Google classrooms. With two to manage plus working at home it will be so stressful.

We are set work for the week and can do it online (purple mash) or by hand and email photos. The first three days so far have been okay. We have a little routine in place with lots of breaks.

Hope this is only until February but I have a feeling it's going to be Easter :-(

It's been a busy day. Holly has to have two video meetings with her teacher and class each day and they go through work to do in the morning and afternoon. James had a video meeting with his teacher and class this afternoon but next week it will be twice a day as well. He has also had a lot of work to do. Every time my phone pings it's more school work coming through from a teacher :wacko:

Yeah I really hope so too. I am just not cut out for homeschooling! Wahh! I feel like such a dunce when they ask me about grammar terms! I don't remember them at all, even though I had English, French and Latin at school (my first language is German) and must have had them all back then! :dohh:

ETA Golly that is a lot Bev!

Hope everyone is surviving :hugs:

Wow what a blow lockdown 3 is - both of my children were so excited to be going back to school and seeing their friends and now they are home for 6 more weeks :(

DH and I are both accountants and trying to work full time from home (and it is my year end which is stressful normally let along this)n and then home schooling a Year R (5 year old) and Year 2 (6 year old) is just ARGHGHHGHGHHHH :wacko:

they have online lessons from 9-12 and then set a task for the afternoon but they both constantly need assistance and OMG it is hard

my mental health is really taking a hit this week :wacko: AF is here too not helping :dohh:

:hugs: we will all get through this :hugs:

Oh gosh I totally get you! We bought the boys chromebooks for xmas so they could do homework on it. We tried to set them up so they could log into google classroom and it didn't work! We tried everything we could think of. Then I tried on my mac and lo and behold, I logged in with no problem at all! So after much more stress and anxiety on my part, at 1am this morning I finally figured out that it is a chrome problem, I downloaded firefox for chromebook and voilà, we can log into google classroom on their chromebooks too. BUT all the google documents they are supposed to work on do not display correctly on firefox and we cannot edit them. You got to laugh don't you? Except that I really didn't! And for those of you not familiar with chromebooks, they are made by google. I kid you not!
So tomorrow I have a zoom meeting with the lady at school to try and work out these problems. I really hope she can or I may just go crazy!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"