Schools reopening

Oh no, how frustrating! :( It's so annoying when the technology doesn't work. I know there are quite a few of Holly's class missing on the video calls so I'm guessing they're having difficulty with getting in too. It works so well when it actually works!
Fingers crossed you can work out the problems with the school tomorrow and get it all set up :)

My two are on Google classroom too but we only have 1 laptop available for them to use at the moment so they have to both go on together. Luckily since they are in the same year as long as they attend 1 English and 1 Maths online lesson a day it should be ok. But there’s so much work to do! And I like to take them for a daily walk too so it seems non stop amongst looking after the house and cooking etc. I shouldn’t moan because they are safe but I’m working the week of the 18th and it’s gonna be even harder then!

Very busy in my house DH working from home
And homeschooling 2 children plus DS to look after ! But I must say last two days have gone very well! Touch wood it continues !
Glad everyone else is getting on ok !

I just found out that the work Holly is doing in a day currently is going to be just a morning's work from next week with extra work in the afternoon and four video lessons a day. What on earth?! :wacko:

I think Id complain! That is too much for parents as well as for kids! It just isn't the same as being at school in a classroom after all!

Wow that’s really a lot ! Just do what you can Bev it’s really hard .

DD1 has been set 5 pieces of work a day plus they have online apps too which is usually do when you can anyway .

They want proof of everything. I keep having to take photos to email in :haha:

For various reasons we (still!) cannot access the class meeting on their chromebooks so we have to do it over my mac. So I agreed with one of the teachers that we will log in to each boys' class on alternating days, till we can sort out the Chromebook problems. We only have to log in once a day for a class but they have two online PE sessions a day, go figure. One at 10am and one at 1:30.
So that is it for our lazy mornings and lunch at 1pm :haha:

I so wish ours had PE sessions. It just seems to be work work work here :(
I hope you are able to get the Chrome book problems sorted.

Yeah a bit of PE would be a nice change for poor Holly and even James cause for his age that is a big work load too!

I had a zoom meeting with the tech person from their school and since we tried everything already that she could have suggested, she is setting me up to zoom with a proper IT guy next week. I hope he can help cause otherwise the chromebooks were seriously expensive toys! :wacko:

That’s awful no PE it’s part of the curriculum ! We have had a PE dance lesson on Tuesday !

That’s not really fair no kids will want to keep up with that level of work ! We have finished for today it’s Friday after all and we have did all the activities for today ! we will do some reading before bed

We have been told that the kids need to go to at least one of the four video lessons a day as they appreciate there may be multiple kids in one family sharing devices, so this is much more manageable. All work still needs to be done but at least they'll have the time to do it now :)

Awe that’s a lot better you must feel less stressed too and Holly !!

It does get a bit overwhelming with housework etc to do too ! I pray they go back in February . Such a drastic impact on their health , mental and education ! Our kids are tough cookies though !

Ah thank goodness for that! Phew!

We had such a frustrating morning with the work too! I hope as we get into the swing of things it will get easier!

I'm so glad we aren't doing Google classrooms. With two to manage plus working at home it will be so stressful.

We are set work for the week and can do it online (purple mash) or by hand and email photos. The first three days so far have been okay. We have a little routine in place with lots of breaks.

Hope this is only until February but I have a feeling it's going to be Easter :-(
I feel like Easter is reasonable. Potential part time blended learning for a while before that though.
I wonder how it’s going to go for pregnant teachers with the vaccine. Right now pregnant teachers are business as usual because apparently school are safe (they are safe - but must close? Work that out!) however obviously they can’t be vaccinated. I’m not pregnant but we are ttc.

I’m done with 2021 already and we’re only a week in..

MH has taken a battering once again and trying to home school is stressing me out.
DS is allowed to go into school (he is autistic) and I did consider it however the covid numbers over the last days worried me so I decided to keep home schooling him. It’s hard as he wants to be there especially with it being a new school.

I’m done with 2021 already and we’re only a week in..

MH has taken a battering once again and trying to home school is stressing me out.
DS is allowed to go into school (he is autistic) and I did consider it however the covid numbers over the last days worried me so I decided to keep home schooling him. It’s hard as he wants to be there especially with it being a new school.
Don’t stress yourself out !! Just do what you can ! The BBC have 2 hours a day dedicated to home schooling starting Monday which should
Help if we need 5 mins !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"