Schools reopening

DH has tested positive for Covid. He went for the quick track test which came back positive within an hour, and then he got sent for another test and he got the results back this morning which confirmed he definitely has it. He only got tested as he felt tired and a bit achy but he has been on nights so it was normal for him to feel like that. I suspect he just was half hoping for ten days off work which he now has :dohh:
He's fine, just seems a bit congested but has suffered worse with mild colds. So now we are all self isolating for ten days but since we are in lockdown anyway it won't really change much and the kids will do their school work at home as they have been doing <3

DH has tested positive for Covid. He went for the quick track test which came back positive within an hour, and then he got sent for another test and he got the results back this morning which confirmed he definitely has it. He only got tested as he felt tired and a bit achy but he has been on nights so it was normal for him to feel like that. I suspect he just was half hoping for ten days off work which he now has :dohh:
He's fine, just seems a bit congested but has suffered worse with mild colds. So now we are all self isolating for ten days but since we are in lockdown anyway it won't really change much and the kids will do their school work at home as they have been doing <3
Sorry to hear your DH tested positive but glad his symptoms seem mild. Hope the rest of you all stay well x

Sorry to hear about your husband, hope he feels less achy quickly.
We start our home schooling tomorrow, luckily have an extra lap top this time as the schools are planning a far more formal approach this time round, as it was the last term last year it was mainly revision rather than new learning, and youngest girl had just chosen her subjects for the following year, so there was no pressure to achieve in subjects that wouldn't be containing. Now she is very aware that what she does this term will be used to stream her for nat 5's or nat 4's (she is keen to go down the nat 5 route for all of her subjects). I've to pick up an assignment pack for Ds in the morning, that will give me a better idea of what his school plan...

Oh gosh Bev ! Hope he’s ok !

I suspect he just was half hoping for ten days off work which he now has :dohh:

Haha that made me laugh! I am glad he is not experiencing anything worse though, not least for you, as we all know what men are like when they have the flu ;)

He's got a bit of a temperature this evening and isn't feeling well. It seems to be worse in the evenings :(

I think most illnesses seem worse in the evening when you just want to settle down for a good nights sleep !

Plenty of fluids and pain relief try to keep that temp down and under control ! I feel for you was horrendous when DD had it !!

Thank you, I am hoping he won't get it too bad, he struggles enough with just a cold! It is really difficult not being able to get out of the house with the kids. They are having too much screen time and I am so used to usually being out and about in nature with them. I know it is only ten days which isn't much in the scheme of things, just feel bad for the kids and of course DH! :(

I know we had to do 14 days when DD had it and that was hard the last week ! Hopefully it will all go fast for you and you can all enjoy a nice walk at the end !

You do feel trapped in a way, like you I am used to going out and about so understand . I hope you have some outdoor space to at you can sit out in for now !

Poor Terry, but yeah colds and flus always feel worse in the evening, don't they. I hope it passes quickly for him.

Maybe you could still go out if there is a place where you would be quite alone, such maybe in the woods?

Poor Terry, but yeah colds and flus always feel worse in the evening, don't they. I hope it passes quickly for him.

Maybe you could still go out if there is a place where you would be quite alone, such maybe in the woods?
That's the rotten thing about isolating when you are sharing your home with someone who is confirmed positive, no one in the house is allowed to leave, even to walk a dog. It's not the same as having someone in your home isolate because they were in close contact, in that case the rest of the household can go out and about unless the isolating person develops symptoms (or anyone else in the house for that matter).

You'll get there Bev, I hope it's all reasonably smooth. There will come a point down the line when you look back on all if this and can't believe it happened, honest.

We logged on this morning to find a full time table for the week for Ds including 2 google meets each morning, 1 numeracy, 1 literacy, and set assignments. The idea seems to be to complete it all in the morning and the afternoon is open for 'suggested' additional things to watch or research, we'll probably revert to what we did last time which was a documentary a day.

The documentary sounds good :)
Mine have 4 pieces of work a day. There are 4 video lessons a day but they only have to do one a day. But I'm finding Holly needs to go to them all to understand what the work is and get a better feel for it. It's very full on!

That's the rotten thing about isolating when you are sharing your home with someone who is confirmed positive, no one in the house is allowed to leave, even to walk a dog. It's not the same as having someone in your home isolate because they were in close contact, in that case the rest of the household can go out and about unless the isolating person develops symptoms (or anyone else in the house for that matter).

Ugh! I see, bummer :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->