Schools reopening

We have two PE sessions a day, one at 10am and one at 1:30pm and a class meeting at 11:30. They have reading and comprehension (as well as reading a book for at least 30 minutes and doing a quizz on that when finished), writing work, which is so far about a book they have to listen to, then one other subject which today was an introduction to Sikhism and Baisakhi, plus Times Table Rockstars and a maths worksheet. They also have some extra challenges for the week and have to do at least one per week. It is quite a lot and this morning we had some tears from Sebby after the class zoom meet when the teacher said that all work had to be in by 12. I think we must have understood this wrong cause what with the classmeet and the PE lesson that would leave us very little time for quite a lot! I kinda felt like joining in with the tears to be honest!

I don't do the PE lessons
A) I hate anything physical :laugh2:
B) We go for a daily family walk with girls on scooters or bikes so that is exercise!
I can only fit so much into a day :sad1:

Yeah I know but with the PE lesson on zoom they get to see their friends and they hugely enjoy that and are keen not to miss either session. I am definitely not joining in though lol

Gosh Angle, that seems like a huge amount to fit in by 12!!
We got to 11:45 today and Ds asked does he not get a break!! Lol, every time he finished something I just looked at what was next, never even thought that he'd been at it since 9. I'll be more aware from now on.

That's a lot of work.
Mine have video lessons and work four times a day. It's quite a lot to keep on top of

Yeah it is a lot to keep on top of, I agree! Late this afternoon I discovered that my printer had only printed out half the maths worksheet and I was tempted to fill in the answers myself cause I felt so bad for them to give them more when they had thought they were done for the day :wacko:

Last edited:
Wowsa that’s a lot !! How do you manage it @AngelUK !!

Our morning started off awful ! Had a banging headache , the online learning was down and DD2 just wanted to mess and play with DS ! I was ready to throw the towel in but no coffee was on and ploughed on ! Managed to get both girls sorted and work done !

Going to be a long six weeks or longer !
One of them days I suppose , oh well crack on tomorrow’s is another day !

Yeah we got to soldier on I guess :wacko:. Well done for getting it all done! I hope your headache wasn’t with you too long and you are feeling better today.

Thanks ladies ! It was awful all day finally starting easing before bed ! Woke up and it was gone ! Seem to be getting more headaches as I get older .. the joys!!

thankfully today ran a lot smoother with the work . We are going on a nature walk tomorrow I think we all need to get out the house ! No rain please!

How is your DH Bev ?

Maybe you need to have your eyes checked? Could it be from eye strain? I am glad it was gone today but all day long must be awful!

Thanks ladies ! It was awful all day finally starting easing before bed ! Woke up and it was gone ! Seem to be getting more headaches as I get older .. the joys!!

thankfully today ran a lot smoother with the work . We are going on a nature walk tomorrow I think we all need to get out the house ! No rain please!

How is your DH Bev ?
Glad the headache has eased and that today went smoother, hopefully that is the way the rest will go.
We did fine today too, had a much better idea of where to find things on the Google system and when Ds finished we made the most of the dry crisp sunny afternoon and went for a walk, like you I think this is something we need to make routine.

Thanks @Rags !

Glad your day went a lot smoother too ! I must admit I was fine last lockdown and stayed in for 3 months without an issue . This time finding it not so easy !

We won’t be going out everyday maybe 2/3 times a week . Hopefully not many people will be around but the park is quite big anyway !

Maybe you need to have your eyes checked? Could it be from eye strain? I am glad it was gone today but all day long must be awful!

I’ve actually got a eye test booked for the end of the month now you mentioned it ! I do wear glasses mainly for driving. I’ve already had to cancel the appointment once before because of covid and DH working . So I’ve booked for a Saturday haha x

I’ve actually got a eye test booked for the end of the month now you mentioned it ! I do wear glasses mainly for driving. I’ve already had to cancel the appointment once before because of covid and DH working . So I’ve booked for a Saturday haha x
My friends daughter had an eye 5est today, opticians are certainly still open, in Scotland anyway. Bs had his routine test during the initial lockdown.

I'm glad your headache has gone now and the work ran a lot smoother :)

My DH is doing OK. He is mainly just tired and has a bit of a head cold. He had a high temperature one evening but it's been normal since. I'm not sure which days are supposed to be the worst so I'm hoping he doesn't get any worse than the mild dose he seems to have, fingers crossed.

I am glad the high temp didn't reoccur and he is feeling a bit better. FX it stays like that and he is 100% again soon.

Thanks @Rags ! I’ve had an email to say they are open as usual just need to fill in a questionnaire before hand ! Only had to cancel the last one as didn’t expect the schools to finish so suddenly and with DH working childcare not great !
Glad your DH is ok Bev . I thought the first 3/4 days are meant to be the worst ! If his temp has come down and stayed down that’s a good sign!

I’m hearing now on a daily basis more people I know catching it . Much more than the first lockdown .

News today reports that infections and hospital admissions are down in London . I hope it’s working !

I heard that in some parts in London 1 person in 15 is infected! But that was a week or so ago, I hope it IS coming down. It is so scary now with this new strand being so much more contagious.
I hear such differing stories, one of my GPs and a nurse friend told me that 99% of those who have died or had it in a very bad way would have had previous ailments/weaknesses. But then I hear from other people who know people who were fit and yet still got it so bad that they had to fight for their lives. I just don't know. :(

We had a pretty bad day home schooling wise. Some of their work is pages on pages long but with very little writing on each page. Since we cannot seem to edit online I have to print out these pages x2, make them do the work, then photgraph the pages and then send them in. It is driving me crazy and it is such a waste of paper. If only the IT person would get in contact so their chromebooks can be fixed! At the moment, just preparing for their lessons feels like a fulltime job and then getting them to do the work properly and not just the shortest and briefest way they can, is like pulling teeth at times.
Safe to say I am hating home schooling.

Hi Angel, some of Ds's assignments cant be edited through Google classrooms but I have discovered that if I copy them onto a word document he can put the answers on them and save it and then we upload it through the add+ option in the 'submit' box..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->