Sci-Fi/Fantasy Boys Names

Amythyst

Reaction score
So, I had the perfect girls name lined up: Inara Evelyn. But then no sorry you're having a boy! Booo! :)

We are both sci-fi nerds/gamers and I really wanted a great sci-fi name but we're having a hard time settling on a boys name.

The other problem we have is that we do not have the same last names. I hate my husband's last name so I refused to take it.... lol. So, we are making my husband's last name the baby's middle name and using my last name as the official last name.

The only name we have both agreed on so far is Aiden.

So, the baby's name would be Aiden Vork ... pretty eh? :p Not sure if we should throw another name in there to give him something other than Vork or not for a middle name.

I love the name Tristan but my hubby is Danish and very picky with names! Grrr!

We also tossed around the name Anakin but just thought the kids would make fun of him too much with that name?

What you guys think? :)

Anakin is one of our top names :) I fear the teasing too, but there are so many weird names out there these days.

My cousins are big gamers and named their son Linkon so they could call him Link, but it also has a bit more of a formal feel to it. I always thought it was really cute!

What sci-fi are you into? I know my OH vetoed Lucas because of the Star Wars connection, he kept saying 'George Lucas' grr. I love the name though!

We're Battlestar fans and I personally always liked Felix as a boy's name.

I've heard of babies named Ryker.

Logan? (Logan's run or wolverine?)

No help with the sci fi names but we used my surname as a middle name as I didn't take OH's name when we married. We gave LO a 'real' middle name as well so he has two middle names.

We got Evelyn/Evie from The Mummy and V For Vendetta. :haha:

Are we talking prequels Anakin, or returned to the Light ROTJ Anakin?

To stick with the A theme, there's also Arthas.

Maybe put together a list of your favorite genres and compile a list of names from them, and then go through them one at a time? :)

Thanks for the suggestions! I was able to talk hubby into Tristan yay!!

Tristan Alexander Vork will be the baby's name and 2 middle names as someone else suggested. Once he heard Tristan with Alexander it sort of sold him! :D

I much prefer Anakin to Aiden. My OH likes the name Atlas, which is apparently a gaming themed name?!

Have you seen The Guild? There's a character named Vork, so you're halfway there on the gaming name ;) Vork isn't necessarily who I'd want to name my kid for, though...

Have you seen The Guild? There's a character named Vork, so you're halfway there on the gaming name ;) Vork isn't necessarily who I'd want to name my kid for, though...

Heh, no I hadn't heard of that. Unfortunately I am stuck with the Vork ... but you know, second middle name... rarely used! :D

I'm a Battlestar Galactica fan too and I wanted the name Gaius but DH didn't like it. I really like the name you've chosen though.

-AussieBub

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->