screening test

Hopeful14

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I'm pregnant with my first at 35 will be almost 36 when he's born. I had the NT Scan with the maternit21 test which went from 1 and 243 to 1 and 4600 and 1 is 8000 for any chromosome defects. This was based on the nt scan measurements. The neck space measured at 1.13. The next day I received the maternit21 results which she said were negative. I guess based on the combination with the ntscan and other blood work besides mt21.

My question is that do you automatically get the second tri screening? Should there be an amnio? The doc said it's not needed based on the risk factors but reading other forums I have freaked myself out. The tech also had a hard time seeing the nasal bone bec he kept putting his hand up.but I think she got it at the end. I wad so in awe of the baby I might have tuned her out.

If everything was good the first time, I don't think I would do anymore testing.

Amnio brings MC risk and I don't think I would do it unless my doctor recommended it.

I say just relax now!

Thanks Jenny Bean. The internet is good and bad. Are the quad screening test mandatory? I definitely do not want to do any test that carries a chance of M/C.

I'm going to take your advice and relax!:sleep:

If you've had the materniT21 and it came back clear, I would relax. With my daughter, I had a 1:11 risk for tri 13 and 18 and I had the materniT21 and it came back clear and dd is fine. That test is supposed to be 98 or 99% accurate, or something like that. At around 20 weeks you should get a really thorough ultrasound where they'll look for any anomolies. GL

If you've had the materniT21 and it came back clear, I would relax. With my daughter, I had a 1:11 risk for tri 13 and 18 and I had the materniT21 and it came back clear and dd is fine. That test is supposed to be 98 or 99% accurate, or something like that. At around 20 weeks you should get a really thorough ultrasound where they'll look for any anomolies. GL
Thank you for the reassurance. I am looking forward to the scan because I had a methotrexate shot on July 3 and found out I was pregnant again sept 6. I'm a worrier it's my first baby.

Thank you for the reassurance. I am looking forward to the scan because I had a methotrexate shot on July 3 and found out I was pregnant again sept 6. I'm a worrier it's my first baby.

Understandable. I hope I didn't sound flip when I said 'I would relax'. Goodness knows I didn't actually relax until I held my baby, and even then I was constantly checking her over to make sure the MaterniT21 test had been accurate. GL

Understandable. I hope I didn't sound flip when I said 'I would relax'. Goodness knows I didn't actually relax until I held my baby, and even then I was constantly checking her over to make sure the MaterniT21 test had been accurate. GL

Thanks. You did not sound flip at all. I have been getting myself worked up about everything from eating right to childbirth. Sometimes I need a good talking down :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->