Sea bands for nausea?

Rymel12

Reaction score
So as anicipated, nausea showed its ugly face last night. This is earlier than with my DD so I'm scared for what's ahead. My Dr gave me a sheet of treatments and it listed sea bands and Emetrol. I gave the sea bands a try this afternoon and they definitely seem to take the edge off, which is good, but gosh they get uncomfortable after a while. I think I'll only be wearing them on an as needed basis. It's not a size issue either as I have smaller wrists. Is anyone on here using sea bands? How are they helping you? Also, do you think if needed you could use Emetrol and the bands together? This is damage control here as I can only guess the nausea gets worse before it gets better.

I used sea bands during the first few weeks of morning sickness. They worked great but I too found they get uncomfortable. I just used them when felt really rubbish but found after a few weeks they stopped having any effect.

I didn't use emetrol so can't advise on that unfortunately.

I bought 1 for each wrist and only lasted 5 mins haha not comfy at all!

For some people they're a god send..

For me the feeling off them made me heave.

What are thay?x

They are wristbands you wear which use acupressure to a spot on your wrist that somehow triggers the brain to feel less nausea and motion sickness. People wear them on cruises a lot. There is a little plastic knob that puts pressure on the wrist and that's what gets uncomfortable after a while. I read that some women wear them all the time except while showering but I just don't think I could tolerate that. It's definitely helpful for short periods of time either until I can eat or the feeling passes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->