Second babies do not come earlier than first!

Al Syr

Reaction score
At least that is my case :growlmad:

My son was born at 38w2d, which I am today. So now I feel like today should be my "due date" and tomorrow I will feel like I've gone over due which I know I have not . . . and I am having unreasonable due date thoughts!

1st was 4 days late
2nd 3 weeks early

Ah, my second was a day earlier than my first but my third was a few days late. There's really no pattern to it unfortunately. I wish there was!
DS1 39+1
DS2 39
DS3 40+4

You might have a faster labour though! Although that 'rule' didnt work for me. First and second labours were 35+ hours. Third was 7. x

Sorry :( My 2nd was 42 weeks. It's LIES!!!! ;)

Oh man, this is not encouraging.... I was really hoping it would work out that way....

Nope apparently it does not work out that way. But when she decides to show up in like 3 weeks!!!!! I'll update on this same thread.

For 3 days I keep having excruciatingly painful contractions, horrible menstrual cramps, and then they go away. Then my stupid but handsome doctor said "I'll see you Thursday at your appointment, if you make it" . . . That's in 2 days! I will make it! But it feels good sharing this cause even though it is driving me mad right now, its kind of fun to play this guessing game and I know she will be here very very soon and I'm going to miss my belly.

I'm the crazy puffy pregnant lady lol!

Well best wishes to you! Hope she's here before you know it now. My first had to be induced at 41 1/2 wks, I was really hoping this baby would be earlier. Like, I would be happy if it was even only 3 days earlier... Uh. Only time will tell, but yes please update, I would love to hear when you welcome your baby:)

:rofl: true in my case, 13weeks difference :rofl:

Tomorrow morning I have my appointment, lets see what he says. Last week I had my cervix checked so I don't think he will do another one tomorrow right?

I suppose each baby is different i went to 41+4 with my 1st and 39 weeks with my 2nd. x

Jadey121 - well lucky you! I have my appointment tment in about an hour and a half . . . I feel grumpy and huge hehehe!

Seems that I've lost my plug today, and even then I bet I will still be pregnant in a week :)

For the last 2-3 hours I've had consistent BH contractions, some that make my belly pop side ways, quite painful and deformed looking.

I will sit and consume this, for I know I will miss being pregnant when little lady comes out! So as excited as I may be for labor to start, I'm also going to admit I am a little happy she is still in there. Pregnancy is such a precious time <3

Can i stalk?! Had my first at 37+4, and was really hoping the 2nd would come around the same time. I put on 40lbs in 37 weeks, if I go to 42w i dont even want to think how big i''ll get :-/

Can i stalk?! Had my first at 37+4, and was really hoping the 2nd would come around the same time. I put on 40lbs in 37 weeks, if I go to 42w i dont even want to think how big i''ll get :-/

Absolutely! I decided to make this my last few days of pregnancy journal so next time I have a baby I can look back at this. Here I am trying to remember how labour felt, started, what the days leading up to it were like and I CANNOT remember. Also, it's kind of fun and nice to have something to come look at everyday.

I'm in the same boat!! I am really hoping he comes at 37 or 38 weeks this time around, because I remember what it was like towards the very end with my last pregnancy and I don't think I can fathom it being any worse.

Update: nothing much going on.

Today all day I felt trickling fluid every time I stood up or readjusted my pelvic area, didn't think anything of it at first until I started feeling my underwear get wet. I called the on call doctor and she said to go in to L&D. I asked if I could just wait and call my doctors office in the morning tomorrow but she said no. So I went in. It was not amniotic fluid, apparently the usual thicker consistency discharge I've had all along has turned watery and that is what I am feeling leak out.

They checked my cervix and I am 1 cm, RN said she felt baby's head . . . How scary!

I said I'd update this so here is my update:

I think I'm in labour! Early labour. Since 10 am I have had contractions 30 minutes apart, breath taking painful contractions also had bloody show after contractions began.

I scheduled to be induced tomorrow at 5:30 am so in like 12 hours. So we will see how the evening and night go before my scheduled induction

Good luck! Maybe it's happening on its own so you don't have to go through with induction tomorrow! Either way your baby will be here, so exciting! Please update :) best wishes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->