Second Line after taking test apart-- invalid?

RobertRedford

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this. I took my FRER apart after it being a very stark BFN. I didn't wait the full 2 minutes though. After taking it apart and letting it dry overnight, a very very faint second pink line appeared.

I thought I read somewhere that this indicated that it is invalid. Does anyone know anything about this?

Pics from the test right after i took it, and after it had been taken apart for about 16 hours, attached.

Attachments

• IMG_2516.jpg
    IMG_2516.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2526.jpg
    IMG_2526.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 256
I'm getting the same! Had four faint lines yesterday and this morning it looked more like an indintation!! Just taken a clearblue Digi and it was not pregnant but it had 3 lines inside!. Let me know how you get on!

But yours do look alot more pinker then mine! x

I have gotten evaps after the test has dried in the past. I only trust results that appear within the time frame :flower:

I'm getting the same! Had four faint lines yesterday and this morning it looked more like an indintation!! Just taken a clearblue Digi and it was not pregnant but it had 3 lines inside!. Let me know how you get on!

Digi tests always have 3 lines inside. Never take them apart.

OP; I'd say evap as it wasn't within the time limit. Keep testing though! X

Sorry hun I don't think it counts. It's after the stated time plus also if you take them apart the chemicals inside can react to the air to change how they form x

Thanks, I assumed that was the case as I have gotten a pretty clear BFN. I am more curious about the second line appearing after the test was open-- do you think the contact with the air made that happen?

Thanks, I assumed that was the case as I have gotten a pretty clear BFN. I am more curious about the second line appearing after the test was open-- do you think the contact with the air made that happen?
It could have or it could have just developed after a few hours anyway. That's why you're always advised to not read results after the time limit as its common for lines to appear.

its SO PINK though, wow. I wouldnt trust it but wowza... id wait and test again!

its SO PINK though, wow. I wouldnt trust it but wowza... id wait and test again!
I had a very pink evap happen on a superdrug test when I read it a few hours after I'd taken it. I was convinced. But it was definitely an evap.

https://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html

Removing the test from its plastic case changes the test's exposure to air and humidity. Air and humidity affect the manner and rate at which the dye and chemicals cross the test. If you change the environment before the test is finished, you risk drying it out too quickly-- and when a test dries too quickly, the dye may dry in places it would not have otherwise-- making an evap line appear to be a positive result. Additionally, the tests are intended to be used and read while intact. If you think you see a line, but it is so faint you really can't tell, it's probably an evap line and should be considered negative.

https://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html

Removing the test from its plastic case changes the test's exposure to air and humidity. Air and humidity affect the manner and rate at which the dye and chemicals cross the test. If you change the environment before the test is finished, you risk drying it out too quickly-- and when a test dries too quickly, the dye may dry in places it would not have otherwise-- making an evap line appear to be a positive result. Additionally, the tests are intended to be used and read while intact. If you think you see a line, but it is so faint you really can't tell, it's probably an evap line and should be considered negative.

THANK YOU, Winegums! Exactly what I was looking for! Interesting....

It says the readings after XX amount of time is invalid, but faint lines are valid if within the time give and the test isn't taken apart! Do another one, or go to the docter. :) good luck!

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow for my cold, and will ask for a blood hcg while i am there, if AF has not arrived yet. AF is officially late!

Well AF being officially late is a darn good start...do another test!! GL!!!!

Still no signs of AF. No cramps, nothing! My appt is in a few hours and will have blood work done then!

Thanks for all the luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->