second pregnancy mummys..how are you feeling about this pregnancy?

smile83

Emily's mummy
Reaction score
I'm feeling a little disconnected from this pregnancy, its early days still I know but im just not as excited as I was the first time I was pregnant.

A lot of people have said second pregnancies are different because you simply dont have the time to obsess over every little thing because your already a mum and you have like a million things keeping you busy also the fact that you've done it all before so there isnt that element of fantasy or daydreaming about your new life with baby.

I can't be the only person to feel like this can I?..

No, definately not the only one.

I spoke to a couple of my friends about this who are further along than me (one is 36 weeks, the other 24) and they feel the same. It's because you're so focused on looking after your LO that you just don't have time and are tired!

I'm the same but this is baby 3 for us and my youngest has just turned a year and my eldest is nearly 5! With DD I did have time to worry ect because my DS was at pre-school. But this time I have DD to chase after all day long x

This will be number 2 and I am stressing more with this pregnancy than my last! My scan is Monday and I should be 10 weeks but so scared of the what ifs. Wasnt this bad with my first! Plus this time my ms has been worse than last time.

I'm a worrier so with that said I am not as worried with this pregnancy. I am in a better place than I was with my first. I am married now and I feel more stable with my family dynamic. Also like the other ladies said I have to keep up with my LO. He has been really bad at school lately send I hot to get his birthday together by next month:wacko: too much too do lol

I feel guilty because I am so sick and tired and it is affecting DD. I'm definitely not as worried as last time and I just want to feel well enough to spen quality time with DD x

I'm a worrier so with that said I am not as worried with this pregnancy. I am in a better place than I was with my first. I am married now and I feel more stable with my family dynamic. Also like the other ladies said I have to keep up with my LO. He has been really bad at school lately send I hot to get his birthday together by next month:wacko: too much too do lol

I know exactly how you feel my DS has been a nightmare at school recently (some little boy kept hitting him and he has retaliated now even tho I did warn the school he will only take so much and retaliate!) and I have his 5th birthday party to sort out for the 25th!!

You're not the only one... My first pregnancy I was so excited and happy only to lose twins at 12 weeks. My second one I tried not be be excited then I lost that one too. My third pregnancy, I felt like I has no attachment until I could feel him move and even after he was born, I didn't feel connected with him right away.

I am 5 weeks now, and when I got my surprise bfp all I could say was 'sh*t sh*t sh*t' .. I haven't had much time to think about it or be connected. I instantly think 'oh well how long will this one last?' With my son, at 37-38 weeks I was diagnosed with pre eclampsia and it turned to the beginning of help syndrome. So when I picture going full term I get really nervous and scared. I try to stay positive and tell myself this one will be smooth sailing lol

But to answer your question, yes... I am feeling a little disconnected and I am sure we aren't the only ones !

You're not the only one... My first pregnancy I was so excited and happy only to lose twins at 12 weeks. My second one I tried not be be excited then I lost that one too. My third pregnancy, I felt like I has no attachment until I could feel him move and even after he was born, I didn't feel connected with him right away.

I am 5 weeks now, and when I got my surprise bfp all I could say was 'sh*t sh*t sh*t' .. I haven't had much time to think about it or be connected. I instantly think 'oh well how long will this one last?' With my son, at 37-38 weeks I was diagnosed with pre eclampsia and it turned to the beginning of help syndrome. So when I picture going full term I get really nervous and scared. I try to stay positive and tell myself this one will be smooth sailing lol

But to answer your question, yes... I am feeling a little disconnected and I am sure we aren't the only ones !

I definitely think part of the reason im disconnected is that this pregnancy was a bit of a surprise even tho we know it was a possibility to get pregnant I just didn't believe in a million years I could get pregnant in the first month of trying it took just over two years to conceive our daughter and within 5 weeks of my pregnancy with her I was found to have complications with my uterus which explained why conceiving was so hard I as high risk throughout my pregnancy and found the whole experience really stressful the consultants couldn't really give me any answers or promises my daughter and myself would be safe, luckily we both made it to 42 weeks safely.

So now ive got a niggling feeling that the baby or me won't be as lucky this time and I have my daughter to worry about to.. also it wouldn't be practical to be bed bound for most of this pregnancy

I'm excited but not as stressed out as I was last time, and definitely don't have time to obsess over symptoms. Now on days I don't feel as sick I think "woohoo!" because I know that after feeling ok next few days will be back to feeling sick, whereas last time every time I felt better I would start to panic as I had MC before :)

I'm completely in agreement with you ladies! I am getting waves of the excitement I felt with no.1 but mainly focused on looking after my son, going to work and planning meals down to the number of grains of sugar in them in an attempt to stave off another diabetic pregnancy! I'm glad I'm not the only one :) x

I am same, I am excited, it was planned but I am running about all day. I am worried about sorting what will happen when I am giving birth with lo as don't have family nearby and they want to take her back to theirs but I think it will cause unnecessary stress to my lo, I am worried my lo will feel jealous and I don't want her to feel unloved, I have been trying to sort nursery as my lo was going to start September but now going to put back as it will be just after birth and I don't want her to feel pushed out. I am really excited about another baby I am more stressed about birth (especially as I know lo was quite quick and I will be waiting around for family this time to be with lo) plus I am now fully aware of what labour is like and the tiredness afterwards lol. I already love this baby so much though and will feel better when I can feel new baby move and reassured ok, at moment it feels kind of unreal

All I feel is tired. So much exhaustion. I can't believe how fast this is going but I've also had two scans to show hb so far. Stretching pains worry me every time but I'm too busy being exhausted and running after Sophie to worry!!x

I'm so busy I forget I'm even pregnant most days. A friend said the other day am I excited for my scan. I haven't even thought about it as we move house that week and that's stressing me out!

Xx

This was my exact concern when we found out, on top of it we werent trying so big surprise to add in! I will say...as the pregnancy progressed, felt movements all of that changed :) we are so excited to meet our new girly bundle!

Ohhhhhhh..... And u also dont have the unexpected feeling of becoming a mom, you already know what its like so it sorta takes away from the anticipationtoo!

Im atthe nd of my pregnancy and will be delivering in just 6 more weeks, im on modified bed rest, my daughter just turned 1, im exhausted, in pain, but still excited....its very hard whenu have another to look after!

This pregnancy feels completely different than with my DD. I had another mc between dd and this pregnancy, so it was a rough beginning. lots of anxiety and then it's been lots of ms and heartburn and exhuastion (not like my dd). Sorry for the TMI but I was horny with my dd pregnancy and this time around not at all, so far. I feel bad, but I'm so sick and just too pooped to do anything. and i have morning insomnia too. I'm excited in some ways and slightly nervous in another. I think i'll feel more positive once the sickness and exhaustion subsides. I'll also feel better when I finally feel the baby moving too. I'm trying to give dd lots of love and yet try to prepare her for a new addition. she's 2. I'm glad to hear other ladies with the same thoughts about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->