Second Time Moms..Items you absolutely loved? Absolutely Hated?

RaisinKane13

Reaction score
As the title says, What items did you love and find essential. What about stuff that you hated, or decided that it was a waste of money and didnt need?

Hated my baby bjorn carrier, loved my premaxx papoose.
Loved battery operated swing
Never used muslin squares
Never used a monitor with first as had a smalll house and could hear baby everywhere!

Loved
the swing often sat downstairs at 3 am with that working its magic
I used muslin squares not bibs
Monitor for when we sat out in the garden or would talk to baby without going into her

Hated
Baby grows that went and popped down one side if that makes sense not the 'normal' style
The pram shade like an umbrella having to move it everytime we went round a slight bend got a full length one after a week

Loved:
Baby swing
Music and light show
Sleepsuits with built in scratch mitts

Didn't use:
Muslins
Bouncer

Loved:
Baby swing
Music and light show
Sleepsuits with built in scratch mitts

Didn't use:
Muslins
Bouncer

I got loads of the sleepsuits with scratch mitts built in and I'm so glad you said this. I was worried they would be too restrictive but loved how you couldn't loose seperate mittens or that baby could take them off. Thanks! :)

love:
sleepsuits with built in mitts
muslins
swaddle blanket with velcro on (meant it didnt fall off)
bouncer

really loved and recommend a mirror that goes in the back of the bar so you can see baby in rear view mirror. we also had one that played lullabys and flashed lights by remote control! so good when your driving and can't turn around

https://www.bambinodirect.co.uk/Tom...ce=BAfroogle&gclid=CKmy4PWWr7YCFaHHtAodJlUAcw

hate:
sleepsuits without crotch poppers or poppers on the back
never used monitor as had small house, use it now in bigger house

i was very restrained and bought hardly anything before the baby was born because i was team yellow, but also i wanted to see if i needed it before i bought it

Absolutely loved the sleep suits with scratch mitts as previous posters have said, but the best of everything we had was the jumparoo from when baby is big enough to go in it. It was honestly amazing and worth every single penny and more!!! Xx

Loved:
Sensor mat monitor (really put my mind at rest)
Cuddle dry towel (attaches round you neck)
Kari me wrap
bouncer
Jumperoo

Love:
Ewan the dream sheep
"Dream a little" or "lullaby" cd for relaxing bed time
My breast friend breast feeding pillow
Lansinoh cream and breast pads
Baby bundler sleepsuit (from John Lewis online) bliss for night time, no poppers and built in mitts.
Baby massage class
Huggies cotton sheets (I hate the feeling of cotton wool, buy from Tesco)
Fisher price deluxe rainforest play gym
Baby clothes from vertbaudet
Just for bums nappies from kiddicare

Hate:
Bibs with Velcro, really noisy if baby is asleep when you take it off and ruins anything knitted it gets washed with
Breast feeding butterfly wrap, rubbish, still exposes everything

Cant think of anything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"