seeing girls everywhere

1eighty

Reaction score
I have yet to see a boy nub scan in recent days on here, and I'm a little worried that my preoccupation with wanting a girl myself is affecting how I'm seeing things.

We have our own scan on Wednesday, dating and abnormalities, so I'll post it here for everyone to have a guess at - I'm glad we have the opportunity to see the LO whenever our regular doc has power (he has a portable US in his room) because if it's not a girl I just know (and I feel awful about it) that I will need as much time as possible to overcome "gender disappointment". I know I'll love our LO no matter how they come out, but I really REALLY want a girl.

Gah.

I noticed the girl situation too hun! Hoping it'll keep up for another to weeks cause I'd like a girl too lol!

Hope u get ur wish x

I was thinking that too! I keep seeing girl nub guesses! Im really hoping for a girl too, have two boys already! Reallyreally dont wantto getmyhopes up though! Congratulations by the way xxx

I really hope that you get your girl hun. One bit of advice I will give you though is not to put too much pressure on yourself.

When I was pregnant with DD2 SIL was pregnant with her second baby aswell (I had already had a girl, she already had a boy) and when she found out she was having a lil girl this time round I put sooooo much pressure on myself to have a lil boy, even though deep down I actually really wanted a girl! I felt like if I wasnt having a boy I would let my hubby down, as him and his sis really dont get on and she is super competitive and rubs stuff in his face all the time, so if we didnt have one of each like she did I was worried she would use it against him and make him feel like a failure. The day and night before my gender scan I felt sooo sick, I was racked with worry and couldnt sleep at all. When the sonographer told us we were having a girl, even though it wasnt the outcome I "hoped" for, I felt sooooo much better and was actually super happy I got what I really wanted! We dont speak to SIL at all now, which I know has done my hubby the world of good and he doesnt have to worry about petty crap like that anymore!

I do empathise with gender dissapointment 100%, but even though its hard, please try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy as much as you can before scan day. Once you know the gender, if its not what you hoped, you can try and work through it from then on. But speaking from personal experience I really regret spending so much time worrying before we actually knew the gender. xxx

Good luck for your girl!

I keep changing my mind on what I would "like"...originally thought a girl too then I kept having dreams that it was a boy and OH hopes for a boy. My dad is convinced I'm having a girl though.

I don't want to read up on the nub/skull tell tail signs though as I want it to be a surprise and I know I'll start analysing my 12 week scan pic!

Xx

im just wondering why do you want a girl so much? do you have lots of boys already? lol x

im just wondering why do you want a girl so much? do you have lots of boys already? lol x

No, this is our first. I can't put my finger on it, I just would really like a little girl. :shrug:

lol i know what you mean with my first i really wanted a little boy but i ended up having a girl this may sound horrible but i was gutted at the time haha i got over it after about a week though when i saw all the gorgeous dresses for little girls and wouldnt have changed her for the world i got my boy the second time round though! x

lol i know what you mean with my first i really wanted a little boy but i ended up having a girl this may sound horrible but i was gutted at the time haha i got over it after about a week though when i saw all the gorgeous dresses for little girls and wouldnt have changed her for the world i got my boy the second time round though! x

This is why we want to know asap, so I can get over things before the birth and get the excitement revved up to more appropriate levels. I've been bookmarking things for girls as well as boys (make your own R2-D2 baby mobile, f'rinstance), I'm equally as enthusiastic about girly and boyish stuff - but I wants a girl for myself.

stupid stupid selfish selfish

naa its not selfish everyone has a preference but not everyone will admit it lol you always get one that practically tells you off for even daring to say surprised no ones piped up on this thread yet haha

naa its not selfish everyone has a preference but not everyone will admit it lol you always get one that practically tells you off for even daring to say surprised no ones piped up on this thread yet haha

Wobbles would tell me off for the backlash they'd get if they tried. Psychic, y'know :p

I'm feeling better about it today - yesterday was particularly bad and I spoke to my mum about it too, she said not to worry, that I was just being hyper-emotional and sensitive etc, that I'd love it whatever flavour it is (which I know, I know that in my heart), and to stop worrying about something that I have no control over. That last part is advice she always has had to give me in the past, I'd forgotten to apply it in this context. Why worry about something that was decided before you even knew it had happened??

I can just bet that the sonographer doesn't get a clear nub shot next week though. That would just be typical.

of course your love it whatever and your mums right its totally out of your control so no point stressing over it you have to look at it like this your goin to love it either way but its a very nice bonus if its a girl x

hi i would like a girl 2 as i already have 2 boys but am just hoping all is fine and healthy fingers cossed 4 us :) xxxxxx

well.. i am DESPERATE for a girl and i have had a pychic tell me that this one is a girl...i have also noticed lots of girls at the moment and if i can rightly remember from the gender dreaming forums appearantly this is girl season.....i hope that applies to my conception too.......appearantly april esp was a good month to conceive girls....just hoping that is true......fx for all those and their desired gender dreams....xxxxx

I was convinced I was having a girl the first time around, I even bought pink stuff cos "I knew my body and knew it was a girl". Imagine my surprise when we found boy bits at our 16 week private gender scan. My baby boy was doing a headstad with his legs wide open clear as day for all to see :haha:

I just turned to DH and cried (out of joy) and said "We have a son!" my heart swelled with pride and I immediately got excited for his arrival!

I'm really hoping for another boy this time as they'll be close in age and best friends, but will be overjoyed at whatever we are blessed with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->