Seizures

HopefulHeart1

Reaction score
I have had a long road to get to where I am. I was diagnosed at 14 with low blood sugar and passed out multiple times between age 14-21 with the same diagnosis. I had what is believed to be a seizure at age 21 or 2 years ago. I have been seizure free since then with the help of Lamictal XR. My neurologist believes I will be ok with no medication so I am being weaned off slowly from 300 mg to 0 mg in April. I have been cleared to start trying as soon as I am off. I was wondering if anyone else has a similar story with seizures to share. I am still a little bit scared that I might have a seizure once I am off but I feel it is best not to have any anti-seizure drugs in my system while trying and becoming pregnant.

Wow, it sounds like you have been through a lot! I don't have any experience with seizures or knowing anyone who stopped taking seizure medication, but I will be thinking about you!

I can imagine it would be difficult not to worry about a thing like this, but it should put your mind at ease knowing that your neurologist was confident in weaning you off! I wish you all the best, and hope that everything goes smoothly! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->