• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Self-proclaimed workaholic mom, adjusting at home!

Jezzielin

Reaction score
I feel like a terrible person already for posting this but I do admit that I am a hard working career woman, on the verge of a second maternity leave. My first maternity leave what's so great and I really enjoyed being home.

In my work if I don't take the vacation it will get eaten up in maternity leave. This month I am planning on taking some vacation and started today with a random day off work. I am very disappointed in myself because I did not adjust well to the day.

I feel like the worst mom in the world because you would think I would be so thrilled to be home with my daughter all day. But by lunchtime I was finding myself constantly thinking about work and running out of things to do at home. My husband has been working a lot of overtime lately and I was finding myself quite lonely.

Do any other working mothers have trouble turning off career mode and being at home? I desperately want to embrace any time off that I can get from work I just having such a hard time!:nope:

With my LO it took me 6 months of being home with him before i stopped thinking about work. We get a year of mat leave here. This time around i will have my LO and a newborn to worry about i doubt i will miss work

Oh definitely.....I LOVE being home but it's mostly because I have friends off also...so I have people to visit and things to do to keep me busy....but even with that...by month 8 I'm like.....okkkeeeeeeeeeeeee.......hahahaha....we get a year off with the child also...so I take 8 months and DH takes 4. That way..I know the baby is still home with a parent...but I sorta get my brain working again..hahaha..I love my kids with everything in my heart....but I'm used to the work environment and it is VERY hard to flip that switch....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->