Semen Analysis results

I had to disclose his work out stuff to you guys in case yours are also on some fitness kick. I do believe they were affecting him (plus he took ephedra for years) yet I do believe the cocktail helped. I found those combinations reported online by others too. So do give it 3 months and re test. Let me know how it goes, but you have to give it 3 months

Well I hope you all see your BFPs before your DH's need to do another SA :dust:

Idk Wooly....the more I read, the less hopeful I am...When people talk about 2% morphology...it's usually in the context of IVF with ICSI...We did not want to go down that path....:(

LL- my DH just yesterday talked about going back on Fatkins and working out? Are you referring to more than average exercise or just in general?

Sorry to jump in ladies...please forgive.

Indigo it is hard not to but please try not to worry :hugs:

SA results can change for no reason or many reasons and the smallest things can trigger a decrease in certain areas :hugs:

In 2009 when we got my DH's SA results we were told "no BFP WITHOUT IVF" and as he is a diabetic "his SA results would never improve". Well we got his SA results to improve admittedly not all is in the normal range but we're getting there.

DH & I aren't going to go down the IVF route. We've discussed it on and off for so many hours over the last 2 years but we just don't feel it's for us :shrug: Because of this I have days of absolute despair that we will never get our BFP or LO :nope:

I'd get your DH to see a urologist you feel comfortable with to see if they have any suggestions about what may or may not be causing the morphology results and what can be done to improve it.

Please don't lose all hope :hugs: LLBean's DH's SA improved as did my DH's so it is possible for things to improve :hugs:

LL- my DH just yesterday talked about going back on Fatkins and working out? Are you referring to more than average exercise or just in general?

It is a good point as excessive exercise is not good for SA and things like exercise bikes or cycling are the worst :(

Vigorous exercise: Certain types of exercise can have a damaging effect on male sperm production. One of the worst forms of exercise for this is cycling or mountain biking. Mountain bikers have been proven to register less then half the sperm count and sperm movement than non-cyclists. The semen alterations are thought to be caused by impounding damage to both the testes and the scrotum, the repeated trauma is considered to be the main reason for the vascular damage and the subsequent effects on sperm motility.

And does he do a lot of driving? For many of us, driving is a necessary evil. But spending long hours behind the wheel can have a damaging effect on your sperm. Scrotal temperatures are proven to rise significantly when a man is seated for long periods of time, and statistics show that couples whose partner was employed as a HGV driver or sales rep, (or any occupation that involved spending a great number of hours driving)found that they took longer to conceive. Results also show that sperm counts of professional drivers were lower and that the sperm itself contained more abnormalities.

It's also worth getting him checked for varicocele: A varicocele is a varicose vein in the cord that connects to the testicle. (A varicose vein is one that is abnormally enlarged and twisted.) Varicoceles are found in 15% to 20% of all men and in 25% to 40% of infertile men. It is not clear how they affect fertility, or even if they do at all. Some theories for their effect include the following:

Varicoceles may partially obstruct the passages through which sperm pass.
Varicocele may elevate temperature in the testes.
Varicoceles may produce higher levels of nitric oxide, a substance that has
certain damaging effects that might injure sperm.
Varicoceles may block oxygen to the sperm.
Varicoceles have been associated with abnormalities in cellular material in the sperm. One study suggested that some men might have genetic abnormalities that cause both varicoceles and impaired sperm, rather than varicocele itself causing infertility.

Oh no, working out is GREAT for them, it is the extra supplements he was taking (he was taking no-explode, Yolk3d, amplified endurance booster, animal cuts pills etc) that was definitely not good for his sperm.

They need to stay healthy and fit if possible but mine was going overboard lol

It is a good point as excessive exercise is not good for SA and things like exercise bikes or cycling are the worst :(

Vigorous exercise: Certain types of exercise can have a damaging effect on male sperm production. One of the worst forms of exercise for this is cycling or mountain biking. Mountain bikers have been proven to register less then half the sperm count and sperm movement than non-cyclists. The semen alterations are thought to be caused by impounding damage to both the testes and the scrotum, the repeated trauma is considered to be the main reason for the vascular damage and the subsequent effects on sperm motility.

And does he do a lot of driving? For many of us, driving is a necessary evil. But spending long hours behind the wheel can have a damaging effect on your sperm. Scrotal temperatures are proven to rise significantly when a man is seated for long periods of time, and statistics show that couples whose partner was employed as a HGV driver or sales rep, (or any occupation that involved spending a great number of hours driving)found that they took longer to conceive. Results also show that sperm counts of professional drivers were lower and that the sperm itself contained more abnormalities.

It's also worth getting him checked for varicocele: A varicocele is a varicose vein in the cord that connects to the testicle. (A varicose vein is one that is abnormally enlarged and twisted.) Varicoceles are found in 15% to 20% of all men and in 25% to 40% of infertile men. It is not clear how they affect fertility, or even if they do at all. Some theories for their effect include the following:

Varicoceles may partially obstruct the passages through which sperm pass.
Varicocele may elevate temperature in the testes.
Varicoceles may produce higher levels of nitric oxide, a substance that has
certain damaging effects that might injure sperm.
Varicoceles may block oxygen to the sperm.
Varicoceles have been associated with abnormalities in cellular material in the sperm. One study suggested that some men might have genetic abnormalities that cause both varicoceles and impaired sperm, rather than varicocele itself causing infertility.

oh yes, my husband does have 2 small varicoceles as well (basically Vericose veins in the testicle areas) but not bad enough to be palpable... Urologist said that was not anything to worry about in his case

My DH hasn't been checked yet for varicoceles but I will be asking about this when we get our FS appointment.

It does seem to be exercise if excellent for men except cycling which I can understand due to how their tackle sits when doing it

Thank you! I feel better now, lol. I need to stop stalking!

Thanks Wooly...he has an appointment today with a urologist who had a cancellation....

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I really think this soy is making me extra emotional....:(

Another thing is NO SAUNAS or HOT TUBS...some men like to take advantage of those things at the gym but tell him NO CAN DO!

Another thing is NO SAUNAS or HOT TUBS...some men like to take advantage of those things at the gym but tell him NO CAN DO!

Do you guys regulate shower temperatures? My DH's came out fine last time, but I just don't believe it...or I am looking for something besides myself to blame, lol. :wacko:

Do you guys regulate shower temperatures? My DH's came out fine last time, but I just don't believe it...or I am looking for something besides myself to blame, lol. :wacko:

I usually shower first and set the water temp and then DH pops in after me. He isn't happy as he loves a hot shower but he's prepared to go without till we get our LO.

And I told him if he had a hot shower I was make him sit in a bath of iced water :gun:

Thanks Wooly...he has an appointment today with a urologist who had a cancellation....

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I really think this soy is making me extra emotional....:(

TTC is an emotional thing and I know how helpless and hopeless I felt when we got my DH's first SA so I can fully empathise with you :hugs:

Urologist advised that we keep trying naturally....

He did not think the results were bad, given that everything else was normal and his count was high...

However, he was not aware of the morphology study
and also did not think supplements would change the morphology much.

Also, the person who usually interprets results, didn't do so because he was on vacation....so his assistant did it, and since morphology interpretations are so subjective, he advised that DH test again in 3 months....

He said he would not put us in the 'infertility' box based on DH's SA....

Urologist advised that we keep trying naturally....

He did not think the results were necessarily bad, given that everything else was normal and his count was high...

However, he was not aware of the morphology study
and also did not think supplements would change the morphology much.

Also, the person who usually interprets results, didn't do so because he was on vacation....so his assistant did it, and since morphology results are so subjective, he advised that DH test again in 3 months....

He said he would not put us in the 'infertility' box based on DH's SA....

:hugs: This sounds promising. How do you feel about it? Were you looking for something more concrete?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->