Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

Lauren was 9lb 2oz at her 8 week check. My friend had a baby and we went to visit him the other day. They are 8 weeks apart, so I thought it would be fun to see how much bigger Lauren was....they were the same size, crazy! He was 9lb 2oz when he was born though!

Macie is weighing 12lb 14oz!!! She was 8lb 4oz at birth she's still quite petite looking though despite her weight xx

Are anyone's babies teething?? I'm not sure but Macie has been chomping on her hands alot, dribbling alot more, getting little rosy cheeks randomly now and again so I was wondering if something was going on in her little mouth... She's only 10weeks so it seems very early especially as my son didn't get a tooth till 9months!!!

Some other girls said that it could be her little teeth moving about under the gums x
Anyone else's baby showing these signs??
Also I've heard they can teethe for months before actually cutting a tooth :shrug:

Are anyone's babies teething?? I'm not sure but Macie has been chomping on her hands alot, dribbling alot more, getting little rosy cheeks randomly now and again so I was wondering if something was going on in her little mouth... She's only 10weeks so it seems very early especially as my son didn't get a tooth till 9months!!!

Some other girls said that it could be her little teeth moving about under the gums x
Also I've heard they can teethe for months before actually cutting a tooth :shrug:

Ella is showing those signs as well! My mom also mentioned it could be some early signs of teething. Time will tell I think. She's also been very fussy lately but I think it might be a growth spurt.

Teething can happen ANY time; some babies are BORN with teeth already out! So yup, it could certainly be teething...

As for size, Caleb was 9lb 10oz when born, so the fact he was 13lb 6oz at 9.5 weeks old isn't really surprising... lol! But small is no problem; as long as she's GROWING from her last weigh-in, then that's all that matters! Even a baby in the 2nd percentile is fine, as long as it's still growing. someone has to be in the 2nd percentile!!! :)

Hello ladies! I was on the October babies due dates & bump colors thread during my pregnancy.. but haven't been on BnB much since my little guy was born. I post on the October Mummies Facebook page often, though (I'm Rebecca). I was missing BnB, so I'm back!

Lovely seeing all the little babies.. I think quite a few ladies from the Facebook group are on here, but I'm bad with names.. so it's hard for me to figure out exactly who is who. Funny enough, I remember all the little babies' names better than the moms! ha!

My LO was born October 6th.. he is now 3 months old and weighed 15 lbs 9.5 oz at his last checkup.

Oooooh flying dustercheck out hose gorgeous dimples!!!!

Kerri - Freya has been showing those same symptoms since she was 8 weeks old. and putting bonjela on her gums every 3 hours helps - so Im pretty sure she is teething! Poor Macie! maybe you could get her some bonjela?

Hippy - haha. aww, sorry, I shouldnt laugh. I had heard about sex causing your letdown reflex. so if I think I may be having sexy time that evening, I pump until Im empty beforehand! lol

Katie - I think Freya is also having her 3 months growth spurt abit early. she is emptying both of my breasts, and still needing a formula top-up. plus she is waking more regularly through the night for feeds. sorry I have no advice for you, just wanted to let you know we are in the same boat!

Hi Mrs K! i hope Lucas is doing well!
xx

Welcome MrsK .... I recognise you from the fbook group ... Im Kerri xx

Shelleney - Ahh yeh does it help Freya ... I might Try that and see if it helps... Altho at the moment she doesnt seem too upset about it xx

Morning Ladies,

I had to LOL at these posts, I've "leaked" a few times dtd, oh actually got a mouthful once forgetting that it might happen :haha:

Skye also bites and sucks her hands ALL the time, I was told that it could be little teeth moving underneath the gums too, it doesnt bother her tho. I also think shes going to be a thumb sucker, she's never taken a dummy (I tried a couple of times when she was being fussy feeding and settling for naps in the earlier days) so she's always got her hands in her mouth lol

Skye has her 2nd injections on Thursday and the HV is coming on Friday so at one of those appointments she will be weighed, she hasnt been weighed since 7 weeks where she was 10lb 11oz, she was 7lb 10oz born. Shes in her 3-6 month clothes now so be interesting to see how big shes got! :)

Hiya MrsK :wave:

Macie is weighing 12lb 14oz!!! She was 8lb 4oz at birth she's still quite petite looking though despite her weight xx

Yep, Alana has started and she us dribbling constantly and the today she pulled my finger into her mouth and stated chomping on it, she has never done that before. I put her amber necklace on yesterday and today dribbling has been much more reduced.

What is the Facebook page link?

Kerri - yes, the bonjela does help. Freya is in pain with her teething though. she starts crying, dribbling and chewing her fists about 20mins before she is due her bonjela. but as soon as i put the bonjela on, she settles, and is fine for the next 2-3 hours.
glad to hear Macie isnt in any pain with hers yet

xx

https://www.facebook.com/groups/166254246777194/?notif_t=group_activity

That's the link for fb. I'm Nicole Page on there. I post infrequently on the page but post more on here or my journal.

Kian is 17 lbs at 15 weeks! And he was early by 4 weeks. I am growing a giant apparently.

Haven't had a chance to get on all weekend. It was crazy trying to get ready to go to in-laws for the week since our place is getting tented. UGH not looking forward to it. I don't know how we're going to cope. At least I will be off one of those days so I can keep MIL claws off of LO.

I've finally managed to get a picture of Leah smiling. I'll post it this evening, it's so cute. She is doing it all the time now I'm loving it.

How was everyones weekend?

Weekend was great, went to visit friends and Alana was a star. My friends LO though attacked her and got her face twice. He was mega jealous when my friend held Alana and when she started crying he started to try and scratch her face every time and twice he succeeded. He is only 16 months old but my friend is pregnant with number 2, but number 1 is still breast feeding. I really think that if she is still feeding No.1 when No.2 comes along she is going to have real problems. No.1 will just be reaching 2 years old. I am really not sure he going to deal with a new sibling breast feeding, it is going to be hard enough having a new baby in the house taking up mummies time let alone sharing mummies boobs.

Today I went into work for 3 hours as I had loads to do, I was feeding Alana in the office when my deputy walked in, not sure she was prepared to see her boss with her boobs out, she apologised and walked out really fast. The thing is I wasn't bothered at all. Alana then had a nap in the close baby carrier before I let her go and play in the baby room. Wouldn't you credit it, she was there for only 45 minutes and laughed for the first time. She did however laugh when I got home though so that was some consolation. My DH hasn't seen her do this yet and she has already crashed for the night at 6.15pm. She point blank kept refusing to nap all afternoon and would fall asleep and then wake up minutes later. I gave her bath and then fed her, I was winding her and she just sparked out.

She is changing everyday now, smiling much more, talking all the time and getting very impatient when she doesn't get what she wants when she wants it.

Had to share this xx

https://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z456/pl4ym8/IMG_2997.jpg

I took more but i dont want to picture spam you all ... If anyone does want to see them then theyre on the last page of my journal at the mo xx

OOh and yay for joining the fbook group hippy!

thanks for the replies regarding weights.

Hippy- Alana sounds similar in size to Skye, how big was she at birth? Skye was 6lb 14

Ty- Skye started having a good chomp down on my finger a few weeks ago and is always chewing her hands recently. We first saw teeth at 3wks! Some days you can see the little white bits and others they seem to sink back down. We just give Skye bonjela whenshe seeems to need it as they dont bother her much. Lovely pic btw

Skye weighed 8lb 10 at 10weeks and between 0.4th and 2nd after being born on the 25th. I'm not too concerned as she seems fine otherwise. I am expecting only little weight gain again this time because of the reflux but I know HV will moan, uurgh!
We have the second lot of injections tomorrow then weight check next week.

Hey ladies! I've been super busy being back at work, and they've just begged me to return to Full time. Not sure what we'll do yet, we've got a lot of thinking to do.

I weighed myself and then weighed my self holding cody and he's about 15 lbs at 12 weeks. Looks like you are not the only one growing a chunker, Ny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->