Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

ShellNBump - diet is starting for me on Monday.. DH is mad because I keep saying diet, I'm supposed to say 'changing my eating habits' lol Whatever! It's a diet. There was no way I could handle eating healthy the first two months and then with Christmas what was the point.. but now the only excuse I have left is that I have a wedding to go to tomorrow and going to MIL's for dinner on sunday. After that it's down to business!

Speaking of wedding.. need some votes: We're taking the twins to the wedding, do I bring in the car seats as a place to put sleeping babies or bring in the stroller that allows them to lay flat to sleep in? I'm not sure how much napping they'll actually do really. My big goal is to make it clear to DH I don't want everyone handling them since I do not need them getting new colds. They are only just getting over one as it is. I'll be bringing Purell for the few family friends who I cannot say no to but I know there will be a few people I'm just going to have to say no to. Germs.. grrrr.

ShellNBump - diet is starting for me on Monday.. DH is mad because I keep saying diet, I'm supposed to say 'changing my eating habits' lol Whatever! It's a diet. There was no way I could handle eating healthy the first two months and then with Christmas what was the point.. but now the only excuse I have left is that I have a wedding to go to tomorrow and going to MIL's for dinner on sunday. After that it's down to business!

Speaking of wedding.. need some votes: We're taking the twins to the wedding, do I bring in the car seats as a place to put sleeping babies or bring in the stroller that allows them to lay flat to sleep in? I'm not sure how much napping they'll actually do really. My big goal is to make it clear to DH I don't want everyone handling them since I do not need them getting new colds. They are only just getting over one as it is. I'll be bringing Purell for the few family friends who I cannot say no to but I know there will be a few people I'm just going to have to say no to. Germs.. grrrr.

I know exactly what you mean, how could I resist chocolate, puddings, snacks etc over xmas!! lol I need to knuckle down tho and stick to "healthy eating" from now tho, I lost over 3 stone before I got pregnant and now have put it all back on again grrrrr, I really need to weigh myself so I know what I'm dealing with but I'm too scared :dohh:

On the wedding question, I'd take the pushchair, 1 - they can lie down and spread out and 2 - noone will fall over them if the room is dark and the car seats are near chairs/tables. You'll be able to keep a closer eye on them if they are up at your level. I'd be worried Skye would wake and cry and I wouldnt see/hear her on the floor x

I agree with shell stroller would probably be your best bet. They probably would be a lot more comfortable and easier for you than carrying 2 carseats around.

giggles on camera!!! (ignore me!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H05JSDcFGdA

FD - What a lovely video! Such an amazing sound when they laugh xx

Shelleney - Freya is beautiful and looks such a happy little thing, bless her!

Hippy- Sorry to hear alana was poorly with the jabs, hope shes feeling better soon x

I am so glad I am not the only one with a camera shy baby, lol. Skye will be smiling away but as soon as the cameraa comes out we just get the serious face.
We took Skye to the Dr the other day as she has been suffering with reflux and he gave us some baby gaviscon. It seems to be helping which is good but her poop has changed colour, from yellow to ginger. Anyone else's LO have this with gaviscon? Also if you have used it, how long did you use it for?
Hope veryone is well x

cute amy! and so early! He has been a happy little guy for a while now.

AH- maybe try waking her for a diaper change around 8 again and then consider 7 to be a nap? seems maybe if shes awake later she would sleep later, and eventually be awake at 7 still probably.

Little- strollers seem easiest. then you can store all the stuff they need i the basket too. you could pull the covers over themm too for more privacy against germs!

Here are some pics of my little monsters

Attachments

• 385067_2938119130432_1184755982_3175165_1556676123_n.jpg
    385067_2938119130432_1184755982_3175165_1556676123_n.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 404829_2933402732525_1184755982_3172721_711960004_n.jpg
    404829_2933402732525_1184755982_3172721_711960004_n.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 6
Omg that video is amazingly cute!!!!!! Real giggles!!!! Love it he is very cute x

I agree with the other girls .... I would take the pram to the wedding rather than carseats x

Nikki - lovely photos xx

That video is so cute and so early for giggles too. Leah has just started smiling.

My hubby bought me a pedicure gift certificate for Christmas. We are flying out Wednesday for a friend's wedding, so I thought this would be the perfect time to use it. 5 minutes after I got to the place my hubby sends me a text that Lauren had her first real laugh! One of the few times I have left her and she does that! :p It just made me realize what else I could be missing when I go back to work!

Also, I have lost most of my baby weight just breast feeding, but man do I still have a pooch! It makes me really uncomfortable. I have been trying to do some ab workouts, but I haven't been too good about it. I feel like with the right top I still look pregnant. Anyone else have this problem? Any good solutions? Other than spandex, ha ha.

FD, What a cute video!!
Ny, Lovely pictures, your LO's are gorgeous!!

Ah Acorn how annoying, its always the way isnt it! Theres going to be soooo many other firsts tho that you wont miss :-D PMSL @ Spandex! My belly has just gone saggy, like I have an apron on - eeekkk! I just look fat not pregnant :dohh:

I woke up with a big spot on my chin today, swollen and stands out like a sore thumb :growlmad:

Hope everyones well x

Littlestars - i agree with the others, take the stroller. and just be firm about only allowing close friends/relatives to hold the girls. I also start my diet on Monday. Didnt see the point of starting it before Christmas! I will be going back to slimming world. lost all my weight there before having Freya, so hoping it will work again. Also breastfeeding and walking to aid the weight loss. Good luck with your "healthy eating".

MumAMH - Freya was given Gaviscon in the early days for reflux. she took it for just one week. and yes, it did affect her bowels - but it actually made her constipated. she didnt go for a poo for the whole week she was on the meds....but when we stopped them - poo explosion!! and yes, it was a ginger-y colour. not nice at all! im not sure what to suggest to you? sorry i cant help.

xx

Flyingduster - such a cute video!

Nyp - lovely photos of the kiddies!

xx

Littlestars agree with the others about taking the stroller.
I am loving the cute video of giggles.
Ok so amusing story. Last night dh and I decided to DTD, my milk starting squirting and dripping all over him, we both just were in fits of laughter. I am not sure sex is supposed to cause letdown but in my case it did. Does anyone know if this is normal and is this likely to happen every time?
Alana is much better today and although a little grouchy pretty much back to her normal self. Hubby is currently trying to get her to self settle in her cot. She hasn't done that since before the holidays so not sure how it will go.

Ha ha Hippy!! I heard ahead of time that a letdown was likely to happen when you dtd! I have actually worn a bra every time we have done it and I have had let downs during so I am glad I did! My husband is a boob man so I feel bad for him. Maybe I should try pumping or nursing just before. Glad Alana is getting back to normal!

LOL at hippy! I have also had letdowns so I usually wear my nursing bra and pads. SEXY! Ha.

We had a rough night last night. Down at 7:30. Up at 10:30, 1:30, 3 and up for the day at 7. I am shattered. I think she might be having the 3 month growth spurt early as she is super hungry and fussy. Anyone else going through this? I haven't had a night like this in weeks.

LOL at hippy! I have also had letdowns so I usually wear my nursing bra and pads. SEXY! Ha.

We had a rough night last night. Down at 7:30. Up at 10:30, 1:30, 3 and up for the day at 7. I am shattered. I think she might be having the 3 month growth spurt early as she is super hungry and fussy. Anyone else going through this? I haven't had a night like this in weeks.

Alana has been fine for the 5-6 hours but after that she is starting to wake up more often or when she is awake feed for ages. Last night she fed from 4.40am for 40 mins then went down for 5 mins and fed again until 5.50am

Glad Alana is feeling a bit better x

Well, Skye surprised us last night! She had fallen asleep on me and I put her down on the sofa next to me so I could do some work on the laptop and she stayed asleep!! Obviously I didnt leave her there, but sat next to her and she slept for about an hour and a half. Thats only about the 3rd time she has done that since birth, LOL. Nice to know we are getting there. Is anyone elses LO still really small? Skye is due to be weighed again next week and I am dreading it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->