• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

I agree Katie .... It's nice seeing all the familiar faces , those faces that we spent all those days in the overdue thread together waiting for our little people ..... It's nice to be hearing from you all again!

Hello everyone. It is nice to see so many familiar faces. I had my LO at 39 weeks on October 23 via emergency c-section.

And I'm loving every minute of being a new mommy.

Anyone going back to work soon or already back to work? I have to go back on the 19th of this month and really not looking forward to it. How do I cope not seeing her all day?

Hi ladies. I had my beautiful little girl, Madeleine, via emergency c-section on 25th October weighing a very healthy 9lb 9oz :lol:

Looks like the 13th and the 21st were pretty popular for some of us. Thanks ladies for the join, it'll be awesome chatting with you all.

no hate... just curious. who's FF and who's BF

as for me, it's onto formula today. I think I'm officially dried up :( After a long 7 week battle with supply my body has given up, just pumped and didnt get a drop, and that was after not pumping all day. I'm a bit bummed, I got to admit. :(

I stopped BF after 3weeks, after 1week of beating myself about stopping up I stopped, veryemotional when I really wanted to. LO would be on the breast for 1.5hours and would still be furiously hungry. Then he figured he didn't have to work for the bottle haha

I'm loving all the familiar faces too!!!

ahcigar1, I LOVE my job, I've put my heart and soul into building the business up to the success it is now, and while I always intended to take time off, I intended to go back when I could too. Now? Now I'm seriously looking at giving up my share of the business for no compensation, to become a SAHM. Motherhood changes things hu!

As for BF; you do know that pumping isn't an indication of supply at all don't you?? I know women who have exclusively BF healthy babies, and yet can't get a drop from a pump... check kellymom.com for a huge arrange of articles and help if you want to keep trying...

I'm EBF, but I'm no help for those having problems cos we've not even had any discomfort, let alone any problems so far! And so I do intend to EBF for as long as possible. :)

Cody never took to the breast very well, they call him a "lazy nurser" meaning he only wants to nurse when i've got a strong let down, as soon as it slows he would pop off and scream bloody murder. at the recommendation of his pediatrician (who we've since switched from) I began supplementing and "Power Pumping" to increase my supply. Soon he would only take a bottle and i was taking brewers yeast, fenugreek, tons of water, and Reglan to increase my supply. I even bought an exoensive pump which DID get out a ton more than my first pump did, but with each of the alst few days it has gone down and down. Today, not even a drop.

Well fonr flying-- so glad you had an easy go at breastfeeding. I am very disappointed, but...I feel like the stress was probably not helping either me or the baby. I'm hoping baby # 2 and i can give it a go again

Hey ladies, nice to see some of the ladies from the overdue thread, those 2 weeks were crap. I hated being induced and will avoid it at all costs in the future. I've been breastfeeding and the first 3 weeks were so hard but it's getting easier now and I really enjoy it although I think Cullen has hit a growth spurt which meant he was constantly attatched last night. It's hard work but getting him weighed and seeing him put on weight is the encouragement I need to continue.

Need to get some photo's uploaded.

I wanted to breastfeed but have had to settle for just expressing only. Due to her being put in the NICU and not even being able to eat anything for the first 48 hours then her going onto the bottle right away, we struggled with putting her onto the breast so I figure why fight it if I can still give her the same value just in a different way. I am thinking though that I may start working her over to formula only at 3 months though only because it is really hard work and I'm struggling to keep up with her.

:hi: Hun :)
How are we all today?? How did all the babies sleep??
Macie fed at 2am then 6am x

As for feeding I BF'd for the first 3days then FF'd x

Oscar decided he was missing out on x factor so woke up after about an hours sleep and didnt go back down til midnight. Fed him about 4 then he woke up at nine so not too bad.

I'm bfing but have been lucky and had no probs so far.

Aw I'm really dreading the immunusations. Was going to make oh go in with him but hv said it would be better for us both if I was there. Do they cry loads? :(

Cody went to bed officially at about 11:00pm, wope up at around 3 or so in the morning but just was grumbling a bit, got up, made a bottle and he was off to sleep in a few sucks. haha. H's over in his pack-n-play right now and he's starting to make some little noises of waking.

as for his shots-- yes deffo not looking forward to them. His eight week shots are next monday, I need to go buy some baby tylenol. Not sure how I'm going to take seeing him get shots. I haven't been there for his first few jabs (as they were done in nursery while i lay there getting stitched up), and only saw his 2nd PKU before feeling HORRIBLE when his little foot started dripping blood.

hey shelle-- when was Freya born?

Happy 10 Weeks Ivy-Mae
Happy 9 Weeks Zachary
Happy 8 Weeks Stouffers LO
Happy 7 Weeks Sofia
Happy 7 Weeks Ella
Happy 7 Weeks Leah

hi all,
Skye had an awful evening yesterday. I think i might take her to the drs. She brings feed back sometimes but usually swallows it back again even if sitting up so not much evidence but i can hear it and she really suffered last night with it. I am also not sure if her gums are hurting as you can see tiny little teeth sitting in the gum. They have been there since 3 weeks! I'd never seen that in any of mine so young,lol. Poor little thing. She has also been on and off the boob all day yesterday and today so not sure if the growth spurt is starting again too. Argh.. I wish i knew which it was. She slept well in the end,2 till 7.30, though on me so i didnt sleep. Anyone else find the long nights lonely sometimes?

I am BF but don't get much from a pump at all.

I have given her two formula bottles last thing at night after 2 hours of feeding as I felt she was hungry. She seems happy to take breast and bottle. I try to express at least 2oz so that mu husband can feed her a bottle at about 10.30pm but like today she has fed on and off all day so I haven't had time to express and have only 1oz from yesterday.

Mum-- Cody's got little teeth too, no one believes me until i show them. lol. he's not even 2 mos, it's ridiculous

Oh boy I don't know what happen with Leah last night. She just didn't want to go down at all. Usually she is pretty good with her routine but it seemed like every five minutes she would pop out her pacifier and start screaming so I ended up having to half sleep having my hand over the bassinet holding her pacifier in for her till she fell into a real deep sleep. I'm exhausted this morning and think I may need a nap, but there is so much to do.

Hi!

I had my beautiful little baby girl Lottie on October 21st! :)

my baby boy Rayden was born the 21st too :) at 2.22am.

he wasnt due until the 16th november lol guess he couldnt wait :shrug:

well Lottie was due on the 27th but she decided she didnt want to turn around and insisted on staying breech so we had to have a c-section on 21st! Little bugger! she was born at 3:23pm so Rayden is a half a day older! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->