• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

I've given up tracking how long he sleeps at night! I'm co-sleeping though, so we both just sorta stir enough to stick a boob in his mouth, and both drift back off to sleep again! it might have been 10 mins later, or 2 hours; like I said, I've given up keeping track! I found I was waking too much to check the time before, but now we hardly wake much, so I'm not as tired!! lol

phantom- i am glad its not just Skye,lol. no one beleives me either!

Flying duster, we do that too. So easy to feed in the middle of the night when you co-sleep. Saying that, I never intended to co-sleep at all but Oscar would not settle in his moses basket and it was the only way u could get any sleep, plus it's lovely. We were going to try moving his cot into our room to are how ge slept in that, but um being sent a miyo baby hammock to review so I'll are whether that works. I'll be sad to stop co-sleeping but know he's best off sleeping independently in the long run. X

Hi everyone, so nice to see you all again!
Sophie Lillian was born October 25, so she is 5 and a half weeks old now. She was 6lb 10oz and now 9lb 6oz (!) so we've been very, very lucky on the feeding front. She is EBF and pretty easy. Thank goodness - my first baby was also breast fed but it was really, really hard going and I had to pump most of the time so she had the milk from bottle. Phantom, maybe with baby no.2 you will have a better experience as well!
Sophie was induced and it all went pretty smoothly, although I opted for no epidural this time, so I got to experience all the joys of transition :haha:
At 8 cm I actually got a cervical block which helped with the contractions, but it was so cool because it didn't affect the birth canal or perineum at all, so I could feel her coming out. (very different from epidural birth of baby no.1, I'm happy I got to experience both kinds of birth) Tearing and stitches with no anasthetic down there was pretty hellish though!
I've got some time off work so am enjoying being a mum at the moment. Hope you ladies all have a good night with your LOs :flower:

Hi Ladies! My LO; Caitlin, was born 2nd October 2011, and has just turned 9weeks!! :) Hope all mummy's and babies are well! xxxx

Hiya,

I had my little girl Skye on 15th October, 11 days late :hi:

Hello! I was due on 27th October but he arrived 14 days late on 10th November.

I had my beautiful little girl Maisie on the 15th october :) how are you all doing? x

hey William arrived on the 6th October ;-)

Attachments

• 300522_10150881537740451_859875450_21561093_1324116334_n.jpg
    300522_10150881537740451_859875450_21561093_1324116334_n.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2
how is everyone doing today? LO slept from 9:30 p.m. until 3 a.m., drank a bottle, and back down until 645 a.m. This is pretty much our routine and he does well sticking to it! he also naps CONSTANTLY throughout the day? anyone else have trouble keeping their babes awake during the day?
I'm formula feeding now after two months of breast feeding so I think he stays fuller a bit longer! loving the five hour stretch of sleep!
ANyone else going back to work soon? I go back on January 3, and already getting anxious over it! can't stand the thought of not seeing him all day everyday!! any advice?

Leah did pretty well sleeping last night. Hubby got the 1230am feed and so I was able to sleep from 8pm-430am when she started squirming and slowly waking up for her next feed which she let me know she needed till 530am. She is starting to make a pattern of this of kind of waking up an hour to 2 hours before she actually wants to eat. Which I hate cause it keeps me awake. Any tips on how to calm this down a bit?

I am dreading going back to work. I go back on the 19th of this month and really not looking forward to it. I have been trying to prepare myself though by going out on my own for a couple of hours just so when I do go back its not cold turkey of leaving her. I think it is helping too because it is getting a little bit easier to do now. I still think I'm going to be a mess that first day back though.

How is everyone else's LO's sleeping at night?

I've been doing the same about going out a little without little one! hubby and I went out to dinner Saturday night andd I have been shopping leaving baby at home with LO or to grandparents houses...Hoping transition is smooth as he has not yet met his babysitter...:(

We put our little guy down at 9:15 p.m. he has very strict night time routine! he associates his bath with final feed and bed time..he only wakes up once and that is to eat! once he eats, he goes right back to bed...hoping soon though he is sleeping the night as he is 9 weeks today! Good luck!

Ella slept from 9 until 5am last night which is crazy! The night before she was up every hour. She usually sleeps 3 or 4 hour chunks with an occasional 5 hour block so last night was exceptional. Don't think it will last but I enjoyed last night for sure.

Anyone dealing with the six week fussiness?

needshelp: We also have a very strict bedtime routine. I am a believer that you need it. They seem to do much better in my mind if they know what to expect.

Katie: that is great that your LO slept through the night. Hopefully she keeps doing it. I have never heard of a six week fussiness. Maybe that is what has been going on with Leah for the past few days because she isn't normally a fussy baby but we have been struggling to keep her calm no matter what we do day or night. How long does it usually last? Anything to do to help it?

hi all its been a few days :)

well im FF rayden didnt want my breast even when i expressed he wouldnt drink it so i dunno :shrug:

im co-sleeping aswell as he refuses to settle anywhere else and now hes just turned 6 weeks im starting a small routine and its getting there slowly :) trying to get his last feed in between 11--30pm and 12 and hope he settles in his crib and sleeps until 4 if im lucky.
then every 3hours from there.

hope everyones good :)

Ahcigar: it was probably a fluke but I'll take it! I've read fussiness usually peaks at six weeks. Ella has been pretty fussy and colicy so I hope this is the worst of it and it improves from here! There is also a growth spurt around this time as well which is probably contributing to her crankiness.

ooo and clingyness rayden wont stop crying for me lol

I have noticed that. I am not a co sleeper by any means. Terrifies me to be honest. But often times I am finding myself having to lay Leah on my chest on her tummy and then and only then will she settle down and usually puts her to sleep. Hopefully this passes soon cause I won't be able to do this when I go back to work in a couple weeks and I know my husband won't do it.

Hi! my youngest was due Oct 7th but was born Sept 30th, can i join? his name is Thomas Jackson, but we call him Jax or Jackson, he was 7lbs 6.1oz :)

is anyone LO rolling over?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->