• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

Hi my son buddy John was born on the 24th of October by ceasarean section. Just wondering if I can join you ladies and if anyone else's little one is feeding all the time recently?

Hi lily! My LO is eating non stop the past few days. Especially in the morning and night. Sometimes I feel like my breasts are out all day! I think it must be a growth spurt. Lots of eating and lots of sleeping.

:wave: Hi ladies :flower:

Do you mind if I join you? Technically I’m a September Mum but I was due October 5th and I recognise a lot of you from pregnancy groups.

So Kathryn made an early appearance on 24th September (my Nana Kathleen’s birthday). She weighed 6lb 13oz. She was born with a unilateral club foot (spotted at the 20 week scan) and her treatment is going really well. I had planned on BF but that didn’t work out so now she has a combination of expressed milk and formula – when she was born I never thought I’d still be expressing at 10 weeks!

Breezy - She was rolling over (at about 7 weeks) but she's got to learn how to do it all over again now shes in her boots and bar (part of her foot treatment)

Hey all you new ladies, welcome!!!

I am pretty much co-sleeping currently as well. I definately wasn't planning on it, but he sleeps the best/longest when with me, and also.. it really is so easy. When he was in his bed in our room he wake up and scream immediately, now he just grunts a little, I get up, grab his bottle and poof back to bed we both go. I will eventually ween him off of that as I'm terrified of having a 5 year old that doesn't want to sleep anywhere but with me.

What's everyone's form of BC right now? I'm on the minipill because I WAS :cry: breastfeeding when i started it two weeks ago, now I'm thinking about going back to the reguar pill as i just came off a 15 day period, and i really think it has something to do with the mini pill. might wait a cycle to see if that was it or not.

Lol, my bc is abstinence! Def not ready for that yet. Had a speculum examination after a heavy bleed at 4 weeks and it hurt like he'll and has put the fear of god in me!

I think we ma dtd for the first time tonight since conception, we got the okay at my 6 W PP check but then my 15 day period started. LOL

errr in the heat of the moment me and OH DTD without BC :blush: luckily came on my first cycle yesterday so defo got to sort something out. i was on the depo jab for 3 years and it took 18 months to conceive with rayden after that plus it totally messed up my moods and emotions i was a wreck tbh constantly crying and getting angry for no reason i dont want to be like that around my son so dont think ill be going on that... ive had a previous MC when on the pill and the implant seems to much of a gap for my own liking. guess ill pop to chemist and grab some condoms lol :)

I co-sleep. It just kind of happened. He doesn't like his crib and screamed at me whenever i put him in it. It's so much easier having him next to me, especially as he uses my boobs as a dummy to get him off to sleep. I've been told to stop putting him in with me though by family in case he is one of those children that only sleeps in their parents bed.

As for birth control, it's abstinence for me! Despite having a c section I can't imagine ever having sex again! I am single though so that's a help and I've still got the worst jelly belly which I want to hide from the world! :haha:

We use condoms- I was going to get on mirena, but then I dont really know how long I want to wait till our next baby, so we will just wing it with condoms like we always have :)

I am traumatised even thinking about dtd again haha!! Between my 2 children, 16lbs and 13oz of baby has passed through my poor vagina its destroyed!! :rofl:

we haven't dtd yet either but it has only ben 4 weeks since my c-section.

Lilliy as for feeding she has slowed down now but we had two weeks of constant feeding 6 hours in an evening-night. Same in the morning, but she was sleeping at night.

We haven't DTD yet either - sounds strange but I can't work out what do with the LO whilst we....!

As for BC (if we ever manage to DTD again) we're going to use condoms as were planning on TTC #2 next September

We're planning no TTC # 2 in July 2012, so I wanted something that wouldn't mess with my ferility. I stopped BC pill in october, and in january this year we had our first ttc cyle and got preggo, soooo I have hope that if i got back to that pill it won't take long.

I didn't get the mirena or the implant for that reason, I fel tlike it would be silly to have something in serted for 6-7 mos so we could have a normal cycle before ttc again.

We prefer to use two forms as we don't want any surprises. :p I'm super fertile and his swimmers are fast too it seems.

Kerri---hahaha when you put it like that, I do feel sorry vor your vag!!! lmao. What does OH think about no more :sex: lmao

DTD? Forget it! some cuddles in bed would be nice though. between our 3yr old getting into bed with us during the night and co sleeping with Skye, me half in/half out of the bedside cot, even that doesnt happen.
Today has been hard with constant feeding and fussing and DH getting right on my last nerve! How dare he moan about being tired?! He has slept through every night as i am still BF. now he has gone off out so i have no chance of a bath as Skye will wake up 5mins after being put down. Sorry for the rant! Hope everyone else has had a good day xx

have you tried bathing with Skye? I was so desperate for a good soak I finally bathed with Cody, and he loved it. i leaned back and supported his head while he floated and kicked his feet. Now he prefers that to a bath by himself. Can't have it quite as hot as I'd like, but.... better than nothing. :p

I haven't even thought about dtd. I know my husband has though cause he keeps asking when we can get busy. I keep ignoring him like I don't hear it. I just don't see how we can even if wanted to (which I don't) with LO right in the same room and I barely can find tome to clean the house let alone other things. I haven't even thought of birth control either. I better hurry though cause I have my appointment today. I'm thinking will just go the condom route for now because I am planning to stop pumping and transferring LO to formula when she is 3 months, since I'm really struggling to keep up with her and I'd like to get more sleep at night.

Whooooaaa im missing out here!!! hiii im vicki my baby Ryan James was born 7/10/2011

So I am a little behind :)

I am BF. It was super hard in the beginning. I was cracked and bleeding and had to use a shield and then had issues getting off the shield. We finally got the hang of it and things have been going well the last 2 weeks. I have oversupply issues, but that seems to be getting better as well.

I am not looking forward to her shots. I kind of want to step out of the room and let my husband handle it, but I feel bad doing that. I just don't want to see her cry.

We DTD 3 days ago. It was sore, but hopefully that will get better. We are using condoms until I can get an IUD in 2 weeks.

Who is planning on returning to work? I am going back part time after 12 weeks. I really do not want to go back though! My husband and I are going to try and split shifts so we don't have to have childcare. What is everyone else's plans?

it's abstinence here too, but really only cos 3 weeks PP I developed a huge abscess in my butt-cheek!! It was totally unrelated to the birth apparently, it's just one of those things that can happen, it just happened at a really bad time!!! And because I was still a bit tender from the birth, I didn't realise it was there until it got big, so it actually required a general anaesthetic and surgery to open it up and clean it out. I now need daily visits from a district nurse to clean and pack the wound, and I've only just this week been able to sit up (on a towel rolled into a doughnut!) for longer than a few mins... So yeah, dtd is sooooooooooooooooo not an option with a big sore hole in my butt cheek!!! LOL

As for the feeding constantly, we're currently between growth spurts so he's doing well, but he's just over 5 weeks old, so I'm expecting that sometime this week or next week he'll hit the 6-week growth spurt and start the usual marathon of constant feeding again... It's normal though, it's totally draining, but it's normal so I can cope when he does it! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->