Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

Acron you are not failing you are finding your feet and sounds to me like it was a totally easy mistake to make. I left my keys at my mums the other day, good job she hadn't left for work or I would have been locked out of both houses in windy raining weather with Alana.

As soon as I got home I put all of my keys on one keychain. Never again!!

Michelle - i love your new video montage of Cody :cloud9:

Hi everyone :hi:

xx

Acorn, that is great that you can arrange your shifts like that so you don't have to do daycare. But it sounds tiring!

Yes Acorn, that sounds like an awesome deal! I wish our working was so easy...im so scared to even attempt to take any shifts at work. Im a per diem at a hospital so need to pick up a few here and there soon but our schedules are so crazy! Thats funny you are also north...I am wondering how close we are. Im in the Anoka County area.
You will get it. I feel like a mess of a failure some days too. My mom is also good at reminding me all she did with having "4 children and working full time, taking care of a household, and having a husband who didn't help" blah balh blah. makes me feel like such an unorganized mess!

Happy saturday everyone, hope you are all enjoying yourselves and your babies sleep better tonight. They will all get there eventually!

Ny, your mom sounds impressive, but maybe not too modest! :winkwink:

I'm getting nervous about returning to work. I just bought some more bottles so we'll have enough once I'm working full time. I think we will start doing part time daycare in February so we have time to work out any kinks, and then work starts feb 27. Eek!

LittleStars, I dry-pail my cloth nappies, and I think you'll find it's recommended you use a dry pail rather than soak them; most brands I know of do anyway! Mine just get tossed into the dry pail through the day, and first thing in the mornings I just put them all in the washing machine without any soaking or anything...

Littlestars: I don't soak either. If they are poopy then I'll rinse them a bit in the wash room sink and leave them there til wash time. But otherwise I stick them in a plastic grocery sack. I'm just super lazy lol.

NY- Ha! I live in Anoka county...Blaine. :) We must be close! Where did you deliver?

The split schedule is nice so we don't have daycare, but very tiring. I find it hard to get to the grocery store and plan dinner anymore. Hopefully as time goes by I will get the hang of it!

I find it hard to get to the grocery store and plan dinner too, and I'm not working yet!!

Dry-pailing would be soooooooooo much easier to carry down two flights of stairs to the laundry. lol Maybe I'll try it out and see how the odor issue goes. The garbage pail has a lid with locking handles so it might be fine. Thanks!

I wasn't able to find any gro-bags at a price I wanted to spend. Sucks when you have to double everything you buy. I love my twins but it can be expensive! I'll try again tomorrow and see if I have any luck. In the meantime they are in their cribs, directly on the mattress for the first night. I also wrapped the blankets around their body below their armpits so hopefully no middle of the night crying because babies are cold.

hi everyone :wave: its taken me so long to get on this post. Started having a quick flick through the posts tonight.
My son shares his birthday with 1st time around, 2nd time lucky and acorn :thumbup: October 21st he was 15 days late :dohh: he was 9lb 9oz like Starboho's baba.
Hippylittleej- i start baby massage on tues woohoo
flying duster- how is ur abscess? i had one years ago on the top of my bikini line and had to have a general and have it packed aswell omg the pain! you have my sympathy

Happy 3 months to your little one yesterday Adele :) Seems like a popular birthdate!

Thanks Adele, my abscess is almost all gone now. There is a teeny tiny raw bit left, bt it's truly tiny now and I expect it'll be fully scarred over within another week or two! It's been a looooooong 9 weeks so far though!

Check it out though; we were in the local newspaper today! Woot!!
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_4859.jpg
I've cut it out and added it to our memory box of things from his birth. :)

Woohoo FD!! Way to win :)

Can't say I've ever really won anything myself. Probably would help to enter into contests and stuff though eh? ;)

Well the girls seem to be falling asleep just fine in their cribs now that we've moved them over. I got some imitation grobags today for a little cheaper than the ones I saw the day before. Makes up for having the buy two of them. I'm hoping they will stop Libby from moving in the crib though I doubt it. The little girl starts off in the middle of the crib and by the middle of the night is crying because she's got herself into the top corner. I started her off lower down in the crib with hopes she won't budge an inch but that girl just really seems in a hurry to get somewhere all the time. She kicks those legs like crazy and loves to stand and jump.

haha, I didn't even know we'd entered!!! We just put Calebs birth notice in the paper, and apparently by doing that, we went in the draw. lol! I vaguely recall it, but I have never won anything like that before either, so it was a total surprise to get the call that we'd won!!! :D

Hi Adele :hi: Good to see you again!

Well done Flyingduster!!

xx

What a win, congratulations.
Littlestars I need grow bags too, I am going to have to go to a car boot sale as we are broke.

Congrats on the win Flyingduster :)

LittleStars- We still swaddle Lauren and she scoots down her bed swaddled, so I doubt it will stop your little one. Funny how they do that! I had no idea how expensive Gro Bags were. I have sleep bags from Carters and I think they will work just fine and WAY cheaper. Is there any reason Gro Bags are supposed to be better??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->