Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

Our second nap of the day was a huge nap fail. :( Makes me feel like an awful mum when I know she's tired but I can't get her to sleep.

In that case we all fail constantly. They all go through good days and bad days. When they get over tired there is much you can do and sleep is hard to encourage. Tomorrow is another day as they say. But you are not a failure as a mum.

Same here. Lauren has awesome nap days and then just terrible nap days. As much as I'd like to take credit for the good days, I don't do anything different on any given day. Don't feel bad at all. I just take advantage of the days she naps and get stuff done around the house. If she doesn't nap well then we cuddle and play and my house will just be dirty, and I may just not shower :)

Deffo doesnt make you a failure hun, Babies fight sleep all the time :( Its so fustrating :( .. My eldest used to do it for ages .... He HAD to be rocked to sleep everynight and rocked to sleep every afternoon for a nap ... he would look fast asleep, Id stop rocking and bang eyes would open!! .... nightmare xx

Thanks ladies. Knowing you are all going through what im going through makes me feel "not alone". i know that this is just a phase that all babies this age go through, and that its normal.
I feel much better now. Thankyou
xx

Finally have a sec, so will upload some pics of my boy :) 14 weeks old tomorrow!

DSC00473.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

Ha ha, the candy bar one is so cute :) What a cutie!

cute pics michelle!

Right on cue with you other ladies- Kian will NOT nap today. only on me. Put him down and immediately crying, sigh. its exhausting., :sleep:

but we did have a good moment- heres my guy laughing at peek a boo his first time:) please excuse my annoying "boo!" :blush:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo3GCz-xjqI&list=UUvcNn0t-cyb6vJ7wJIaXuYw&index=1&feature=plcp

I am obsessed with naps. I spend most of my parenting energy making sure he naps. It's hard! But if I don't, he is such a grump... Even with all my efforts, he still refused to fall asleep for one nap today. :dohh:

They are really cute pictures and that is just the funniest video. I can't wait for Alana to giggle properly. Currently she kind of huffs but no real sound to it.
I am exhausted today, she wanted to feed for ages and so she woke at 1.30 up until 2.30 then she was up at 5am but then she didn't really go back to sleep. I was up and down constantly and finally at 7.15 I gave in and got up. She just seemed to want to feed for ages. I feel like the walking dead today.
I am going to take her to her first baby group tomorrow, she has been into my nursery but tomorrow there is a two hour new baby group on not far from me.

Aww Nyp. Your video of Kian laughing made my heart melt! how adorable!

Lovely photos Michelle (is it wrong that my favourite pic is the one of him crying?)

xx

lovely photos michelle ... Cody is a cutie xx

awww nikki i love Kian's laugh!!!! x

We are not having successful nap times today. She woke up at 5am and as so over tired barley slept since. I have her in the close carrier now in hope it might help.

Awww, Michelle, love the pics! Hershey's one is quite cute! Lol, and I secretly love the crying one too.

Nicole - his laugh is adorable!!!!

Jennifer - sorry about the bad nap day! Hope it gets better.

My little man is 4 months old today!! Geez, time flies by.

Michelle, OMG so cute!

Sorry hippy. I feel your pain about the no naps. So stressful!

We had a horrible time getting Ella to sleep last night. Last night I put her down (asleep) after 30 minutes of rocking and screaming to sleep. She woke up 20 minutes later screaming and finally calmed her down and put her back down (asleep). She woke up five minutes later and projectile spit up all over her bed. I went to her all three times as soon as she started and she still couldn't calm down. After we changed the sheets she fell asleep whimpering and crying on me and finally fell asleep 1.5 hours later. She slept well after that but I was shattered. Ugh. Today is a new day.

4 months, how time flies. Poor Ella, it is horrible when you don't know what is wrong and they are screaming.
Advice needed, the other night when Matt had her at bedtime on his own as I was out, she refused BM and FF bottles. So when I got in I tried to dream feed her at 8.30pm, she then slept until 3.30am. Now normally her last feed is about 6.30 as she goes to bed by 7 pm ish and she generally sleeps until 1.30-2.30am. I am toying with the idea of trying to dream feed her about 8.30pm-9pm in the hope she will wake around 3.30 again. What do you think? Or should I just let her wake up of own accord?

Happy 4 months William! Crazy. Kian is Soon too. Amazing how time can go so fast when we are home, can you imagine it if working? They would be 5 already!

On that note, this blog was goin around Facebook and I thought it to be sooooo true! No way we all enjoy it as its happening but some day will remember fondly and have enjoyed it all! It can be hell at times!
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/glennon-melton/dont-carpe-diem_b_1206346.html

Hope we are all well. Thanks for the comments on my video of kian.

I saw that too ny, and I liked it! So true.

Thanks ladies :) I love him crying too :p

Cody is 14 weeks old today!!!! It seems so crazy.. I sya that every week, but it really does. 'm getting together a video of some clips of him, will post later. Hope all og you and your babies are well. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->