Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

Acorn - kind of funny our girls sound the same size but I feel like we will be in 12 month for another 3 months. I don't put her in anything 6-9 except her pants.

No clue how to transition, I am so not ready to go through that yet!

Funny! Lauren wears more 6-9 onesies and 12 month pants. She has my longer legs :) She almost exclusively wears Carters brand clothes because they tend to be long and skinny! Most other brands seem to be too wide on her.

When Lauren turned 12 months I thought we would be nursing for several more months, but she has really not been interested lately. I figured I'd do a combo of nursing and whole milk so that she can transition better when she decides to stop nursing.

Kristin still seems to love it. I don't think I could take it away from her and keep my sanity.

Yeah Caleb is still a boob monster too, we won't be transitioning it away at all for a while yet. You could always keep pumping and just give her human milk rather than cows milk. Or try goat or soy or rice milk. Or just skip the human-milk substitutes and give her water and other calcium & protein-rich foods/drinks instead...?

Mine would never handle it taken away. He loves it so much he laughs when its time!

Your shouldn't give Soy to kids under 5 unless no alternative it really isn't good for them at all, we a not allowed to use any soy products for kids at nursery based on dietician advice.
Mixing the cows milk and breast milk is the best way to introduce it, or start giving it her in cereal etc to get her used to the taste.
Alana is still a boob monster but she also has amino acid based allergy formula when I am not able to feed her and late night feed about 11.30pm from daddy.

The hospital are going to run some further tests now on her and have increased her omeprazole, given an inhaler to see if it improve night time cough, they are going to run a test for cystic fibrosis just in case although she has never had any chest infection or mucus cough etc. they want to rule it out apparently. She is going on over night and having a ballon or something down her oesophagus. They are also going to do allergy testing to make sure it is only dairy, soy and egg she is allergic too. Just got to wait for the appointment now.

She charmed the Pediatrician the other day and he did accept she could just not gain weight due to her running around so much, but I am glad they are going to check her out.

That's interesting about the soy! There are other milk substitutes like almond milk and rice milk that are options still though.

Weighed Caleb today, and he is 11.56kg (25lb 8oz) which puts him a smidge above the 91st percentile for weight. I now want to see how tall he is, so will measure him after he's awake I think! hehe.

We use Kara which is a coconut based milk and has the most calcium and fat of all alternative milks. I use it too now.

The hospital are going to run some further tests now on her and have increased her omeprazole, given an inhaler to see if it improve night time cough, they are going to run a test for cystic fibrosis just in case although she has never had any chest infection or mucus cough etc. they want to rule it out apparently. She is going on over night and having a ballon or something down her oesophagus. They are also going to do allergy testing to make sure it is only dairy, soy and egg she is allergic too. Just got to wait for the appointment now.
oh, my goodness - sounds like a rough test! do you know when that's going to be? poor thing. :hugs:

Well we had most of the test but I refused the PH test as they wanted to put the tubes down her throat while she was awake. I figured that would be too distressing for her and ultimately it would stand very little chance of being accurate given her level of medication. Iwe now have to wait for the results, but it looks like we might have to do the sweat test again as she didn't sweat much.

How were they trying to get her to sweat? Kristin doesn't really sweat much but I also kept her inside most of the summer.

Poor baby, can't believe they wanted to stick tubes down her throat while awake! I wouldn't even make an adult do that, let alone a baby!

Oh my! I wouldn't let anyone do tubes while they were awake either. That is just crazy! I hope you can get some answers!

Looks like it's time to research how to wean from purees. She's nearly 13 months old and still will only eat her fruits and vegetables pureed. She's never opened her mouth for unpureed meats.

Found this post that sounds just like Kristin:
My son was on purees well past 1 year. He did llike the stage 3 dinners and started eating lumpy food. He did not like to touch wet food or various textures, but did well with crackers, dry cereal (cheerios, kix, chex) and toast early on. The next thing he would eat was meat, just kind of shredded and smushed up. He also liked more highly seasoned foods (i.e., grilled marinated asparagus, garlic mushrooms, terriaki green beans). He was much older before he would eat fruits and veggies other than purees, and mainly only ate them because the other kids in day care eat them. We got him transitioned to chees and peanut butter only because of crackers. I am sure he was closer to 18 months before he was on table food much of the time and we still supplemented with purees until he refused them at around 20 months. Take your time. Just because they can have table food doesn't mean they must!

Me too with the answers. The sweat test involved two electrodes for 5 minutes and then they took this plastic thing that looked like a watch. Inside was this tiny thin clear tubing rolled up like a snail shell and this connected to a kind of pad and it was supposed to suck up sweat. They didn't tell me what is was so I let her play for 30 in just a cotton long slaved top, had they told me I would have out her coat on and tuna round with her for 30 mins in an effort to get her warmed up and sweating a bit.

Good look with the weaning, it is a long hard road and sometimes best ti not make an issue. Just remember to present it repeatedly and maybe start with quite lumpy fruit and veg. I have to say Alana will eat anything thank goodness.

Haha, yeah, i wasn't planning it at all, so you are just as surprised as I am!! Turns out not only am I super fertile, but Tim has some super sperm lol. His guys lasted 3 full days in creamy cm to my disbelief.

https://m283.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/katerdid225/1355252975.jpg.html

Glen and I are similar. We only bd'd 3 times the month we got Cody. That is super cool though. Hoping to do IVF in Jan again (as you know) So we will be close-ish :)

hippy, :hugs: poor little trooper - i would have refused the tubes in the throat, too

sheryl, hope the weaning to food goes well. we did BLW, so Jacob's pretty good with solids (at least, the ones he likes) since that's all he's known, but our issue has been since we got the green light from the doctor to switch to cow's milk - it doesn't fill him as long so he's up again more often in the night... it's always something, right? :)

katerdid, congrats on your pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"