Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

Welcome new ladies!

Congrats on the walking :) Lauren took her first steps 2 weeks after her first birthday, but it's been slow going since then. A couple of days ago I got her to walk by bribing her with a sucker (don't judge, lol). I would go to one side of the room with it and tell her if she walks to it she can have a lick and once she got there I would give her a lick and then go to the other side of the room. No she is walking all over with no bribing, lol.

shelleney- Lauren survives on mostly cheese, ha! I do give her baby food packets because she is obsessed with them, so I just buy the veggie ones to sneak them in.

Lauren still hates milk. We are down to two nursing feeds a day. She loves water though. She does well with a sippy of water. I have had friends with issues moving to the sippy and they put juice in there in the beginning to entice them. Lauren has never had juice, but if yours has, it might be worth a shot.

Cody seems to have no urge to walk. He will walk if we hold his hands but he gets irritated and just goes back to crawling. I'm not really feeling the need to push him yet. Is that bad? He's 14 months yesterday. I feel he'll do it when he's ready :)

I felt like I needed to start working with her. I delayed helping her with her walking but she was getting closer to doing it on her own. She didn't sit until 7.5 months because I didn't know she needed help from me learning how.

Hi ladies, I was told about this thread in my November Mummies 2011 group - I've technically got a December baby but only because my little madam kept me waiting till 41 weeks and 6 days before making her appearance! Nice to meet everyone

yay! welcome!

Alana demands to walk everywhere and throws a right paddy if I try to carry her.

wow - i am looking forward to that!! i keep teasing Jacob that he's got a little over a month left (until his brother gets here), then he's on his own. :haha:

Fides we are going to be right behind you. Kristin turned 13 months yesterday and for the first time walked 3 feet to me unassisted. Grandpa is the only one that can get her walking like that so we spent some time practicing with him and Grandma yesterday.

awww, yay!

Cody seems to have no urge to walk. He will walk if we hold his hands but he gets irritated and just goes back to crawling. I'm not really feeling the need to push him yet. Is that bad? He's 14 months yesterday. I feel he'll do it when he's ready :)

i agree with the when they are ready idea - my doc said she's not even concerned until 18 months, and i have a friend who is a physical therapist who pointed out that in a few years you certainly won't be able to tell which kids at playgroup walked at 10 months or 16 months, so they'll do it when they are ready.

Freya is running round now, she barely crawls at all anymore. She loves her cows milk, but she is a very fussy eater, and mainly survives on cheese and crackers. lol.

feel that way about Jacob - some days he eats whatever we give him and swallows; others it's just dairy products and crackers and he'll chew but spit out anything else. i haven't figured it out yet. :shrug:

A couple of days ago I got her to walk by bribing her with a sucker (don't judge, lol). I would go to one side of the room with it and tell her if she walks to it she can have a lick and once she got there I would give her a lick and then go to the other side of the room. No she is walking all over with no bribing, lol.

yay!

i agree with the when they are ready idea - my doc said she's not even concerned until 18 months, and i have a friend who is a physical therapist who pointed out that in a few years you certainly won't be able to tell which kids at playgroup walked at 10 months or 16 months, so they'll do it when they are ready.

Here the past few days I feel like it'll be soon, without my help. He wants to, he's just afraid. He goes from sitting/kneeling to standing easy and he has a little cousin his age that started walking and they seem to copy each other. (Cody started talking before Troy did, but when Troy was around Cody he made more of an effort. Troy seems to crawl/walk/etc faster, but then Cody follows shortly after.)

dont rush walking, its literally like unleashing the tazmanian devil in your house day after day!

LOL. Going back to look and see if the lady I quoted about purees said her son stopped eating them on his own. She did quit eating oatmeal this week and today had 2 cereal bars and finished them.

Merry Christmas! Don't forget we all need pics of LO's first FUN Christmas (last year Cody was 2 months, he didn't give a crap about it)

Merry Christmas everyone, we had a lovely day, but my Nanna died on the 14th so the funeral was on the 21st, it has felt really odd all Christmas.

Alana loved opening presents, but got very overwhelmed.

William had a great day on Christmas. He loved opening presents, had him sit on Daddy's lap for it so he wouldn't get into other ppl's gifts. He got lots of fun bath toys from my Grandma and books from my mom and stackable colorful learning bowls from my aunt. He really loves the books, will sit and be read to for long stretches of time.
https://i48.tinypic.com/2e549xg.jpg

He ate a lot of food too, impressed my Grandma. She set out a dessert plate and a little dessert fork for him and he ate a whole slice of ham, five green beans, half a roll and a toddler portion of potatoes. He tried chickpeas but didn't like them. And he used the fork for everything, turned out being just the right size, cuz I forgot to bring him one.

It's snowing pretty good now, nonstop since yesterday afternoon. If it weren't so bitterly cold I'd take William out in it to play.

Hey everyone!! Christmas was crazy but we made it out alive and Cody has more toys then he'll ever possibly need. lol.

Merry Christmas, ladies! pics are still on my camera, so will have to post them later...

know what you mean about the toys, phantom - Jacob now has wayyyy too many, so we're going to start rotating toys every week or so so that he's not overwhelmed.

hippy, sorry about your Nanna :hugs:

kater, that's impressive that he's using a fork already! :thumbup:

Wishing you all the best for the next 52 weeks, I hope it brings much joy and happiness and that good days out weigh the bad.

I'm back after all the Holiday madness :) Hope it was great for everyone! Lauren had a great time opening gifts. She also got way too much. We are rotating toys as well. I bought her a bookcase for the living room. Lauren LOVES books, so she has a ton. She loves to pick out a book and set it in your lap to read. It's so cute, I stop whatever I am doing to read to her, I can't resist :) I will have to get around to posting pics at some point!

Hippy- Sorry to hear about your Grandma! :(

better late than never - pics of Jacob dressed up for Mass on Christmas Eve, then one of him on Christmas day opening presents - all of the gifts under the tree were his!

Attachments

• PC240038.jpg
    PC240038.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 2
  • PC240066.jpg
    PC240066.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 2
  • PC250090.jpg
    PC250090.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 2
Jacob looks os handsome in his little suit! Here are a few of Lauren :)

DSC_6327.jpg

DSC_6410.jpg

There is no way I could get Kristin to wear that dress and pose like Lauren did. What a sweet toddler!

I love taking photos of her, but she definitely made me sweat this time. Taking photos of a mobile child is so difficult!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->