• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

September 2014 Rainbows- 17 Ladies so far

23 weeks today :)
That means only 7 days to go until V day!
How's the rest of you going?
X

2 weeks and counting till I reach V day :)

We been to our caravan in Norfolk this weekend, still got frazzled in the sun even with a long sleeve top and hat on!!

I can't get into my work now though and I have so much to do, how am I going to cope with a baby thrown into the mix, wish I had proper maternity leave. No such chance when I have no employee to do my work. Thank god my OH is at home too x

Happy 23 weeks LondonGirl!!!! Just one more week!

Hope what kind of job do u have? I hope everything starts getting better for you.

Well Vday is tmrw!!! Here's a belly pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20140522_030101.jpg
    IMG_20140522_030101.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 5

Hope what kind of job do u have? I hope everything starts getting better for you.

I'm a book keeper so vat returns, tax returns Etc x

YAAAY V day - :happydance::happydance::happydance:
amazing!!!:kiss::kiss::kiss:

I bet you, like me, never really believed you'd get here - well you have!!! :flower:

So happy for you.

6 days for me :)

My bump has really popped now - people have noticed a huge difference between last week and this week :winkwink:

2 days to go :) and 4 days left of work. Then going to Italy and packing up then move to Vancouver - omg so much change!!

HAPPY V DAY Londongirl!!!!!!!!!!!!! You made it!!!!!!!!! :happydance: Bump pic please!! :haha:

Hope you are all doing great. I start a new job on Monday. I am SOOO happy to be too because housekeeping sucked! They wouldn't allow me to come back because of my weight restriction, so instead they moved me to a different department. What sucks is i was full time and now i'll be part time. Therefore, i lose my insurance, but i can get on my husband's.

Can not believe i only have June, July, August and about a week and a half of Sept before little guy is here!! SO crazy. I can't wait. He wasn't active for a few days, but yesterday i drank some coke and he was bumping around lol.

Happy Vday Londongirl (and a belated one for you too Babydust!). You next Hope - just over a week!!!

Babydust - I'm so glad your job has changed so you don't have to be pushing it physically. Shame it's part time ( but secretly I'm v jealous - I'd love part time!!)

London girl - I can't believe Friday is your last day. It seems to have come round so quickly! When do you actually fly to Vancouver?

Hope - how are things with you? Just focusing on getting to V-day?

I fly back to the uk today (boo!) but two of our good friends are getting married on Saturday so I'm really looking forward to that so I'm not too down in the dumps :)

Yep - 1 week to go!! Seems like i been waiting for ever, i have vowed not to buy a single item till i reach V day and im getting bored of waiting now. Keep internet browsing but that's it.

One of my oldest friends has cleared out her loft for me:- cot, moses basket, bedding, high chair, travel cot, winter outfits, toys, and so on. Im quite excited about collecting them at the end of june when we visit her.

Im a bit knackered today, didnt get out of bed till 10 (oops), started work gone 12 and had had enough by 6 so switched off for the day. I am dreadful at getting motivated at the moment, dont know whats up with me as i have so much to do before little one arrives

im getting a really bad urge to give the house a good clear out, i got crap everywhere in every cupboard or storage place. The loft is a tip too (sigh)
xx

Sounds like nesting is setting in strongly! :). So good that you can get most of the baby stuff you need from your friend. I was hoping to borrow a lot of stuff from my sister but it turns out she'd borrowed it from her sister in law - doh!

I know what you mean about holding off buying anything. I met up with a pregnant friend a couple of months ago. She is 5 weeks ahead of me but had already bought everything. I guess that's the difference between never having had a previous loss. I nearly choked when she asked if we had everything!!

Woo hoo - just realised I've in double digits. 99 days to go!!!!!

Sounds like nesting is setting in strongly! :). So good that you can get most of the baby stuff you need from your friend. I was hoping to borrow a lot of stuff from my sister but it turns out she'd borrowed it from her sister in law - doh!

I know what you mean about holding off buying anything. I met up with a pregnant friend a couple of months ago. She is 5 weeks ahead of me but had already bought everything. I guess that's the difference between never having had a previous loss. I nearly choked when she asked if we had everything!!

Bought everything, sod that! I havent accepted this baby is coming yet but i need to get my head around it quick sharp me thinks

My stomach churns when i think of shopping for it, where do i begin, ha ha, there is so much to get

The cot and moses basket i have been given are from Harrods (way out my league) :)

Sorry for a downer post.

Early this morning, my husband and I heard a horrible meow from our beloved "kitten" (4 years old). We ran through and she was on her side and was basically already dead but was still warm. We've researched it and it seems cardiac failure is the cause (quite common in young cats).

This cat was our "baby" and she was the gentlest, sweetest most affectionate animal I've ever known. She was with us through my 2 miscarriages and was always the biggest support for me.

I know other animal/pet lovers will relate to my pain but I just can't stop crying. I'm so, so sad :(

Aww, londongirl I know that feeling.

My OH had his dog put to sleep, she was 18 and ready to go bit that didn't make it any easier

It was one of the saddest days of my life, we have two dogs of our own now, mum and daughter and dread the day we have to experience that feeling again.

We threw everything in the campervan and did a runner for a week, it made it easier not being at home surrounded my memories. We still had to come home and face it but by then we had accepted it so it was easier

Xx

Aww, londongirl I know that feeling.

My OH had his dog put to sleep, she was 18 and ready to go bit that didn't make it any easier

It was one of the saddest days of my life, we have two dogs of our own now, mum and daughter and dread the day we have to experience that feeling again.

We threw everything in the campervan and did a runner for a week, it made it easier not being at home surrounded my memories. We still had to come home and face it but by then we had accepted it so it was easier

Xx

Thank you SO much. Definitely sounds like you understand.

Luckily we are going to Italy for a holiday for a week on Tuesday, so that'll be a good chance to get away (like your campervan). I can't imagine losing a pet after 18 years...

Sorry for a downer post.

Early this morning, my husband and I heard a horrible meow from our beloved "kitten" (4 years old). We ran through and she was on her side and was basically already dead but was still warm. We've researched it and it seems cardiac failure is the cause (quite common in young cats).

This cat was our "baby" and she was the gentlest, sweetest most affectionate animal I've ever known. She was with us through my 2 miscarriages and was always the biggest support for me.

I know other animal/pet lovers will relate to my pain but I just can't stop crying. I'm so, so sad :(

I hope you take what I say as a positive thing and don't think I'm crazy, but sometimes I feel like people or animals die to give more strength to new beginnings. Sometimes I feel they risk their life so you can have this baby. I know it sounds crazy and insane, but the thought has crossed my mind. Like they were put on this earth to help you get through some tough stuff but when their time is over theyre gone. Like a guardian angel. I am so sorry you lost your little angel. I am so sorry you had to witness it. she is in a better place now and will continue to take care of you in your dreams. I hope you find peace soon hunny. So sorry. I am a HUGE animal lover. I found a stray cat that was all cut up and infected in 2011. I took him to the vet and got him better. Poor baby only lived 9 months with me before he passed due to fatty liver disease. It's so hard bcz they become our children.

Londongirl - I'm so sorry. I grew up having cats and know how awful it is when they pass away. They definitely become members of the family and so the grief is very real (and horrible).

I hope it eases over time and you can still enjoy your holiday. Remember she had a good life and was loved whilst she was alive.

This won't ease the hurt but follow this link to the cutest baby thing ever. I've book marked it on my phone and when I'm feeling brave it could be my first purchase. https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/184854652/the-very-hungry-caterpillar-newborn-baby

Sorry for a downer post.

I am so so so so sorry!!!! I have two cats, both will be 4 this year and I am so incredibly attached to them, they are the best pets. I cannot imagine how you must feel.

Hey ladies - how are we all? Hope39 - V day tomorrow!!!!
Afm - I had an antenatal appt with a gp today. Nothing too exciting but did get to hear bean's heartbeat which was nice!

3rd tri today!!!!!

Can't quite believe I've made it this far!! The back ache has set in though:-( suddenly getting very uncomfortable after sitting for a bit.

Londongirl - hope you're having a lovely holiday. How are the rest of you ladies? It's gone v quiet in here lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->