*** September 2020 Babies ***

Omg! Is anyone else finding it hard to find newborn baby clothes. Literally everywhere I’ve looked, online and in stores there’s been nothing for newborn baby boys. It’s so frustrating and upsetting. It’s like people have gone crazy for them.

Yes! It’s like everything small is out of stock regardless of whether it’s boys, girls or unisex!

Typically for me there's been plenty of girls clothes now I'm having a boy, lol. I finally managed to get some baby grows and vests so I can stop stressing about that now. I like to have my bag packed by 36 weeks so I know I had plenty of time left but with 4 girls needing new school uniforms and shoes I wanted to get baby's things finished this month so next month i can focus on school things.
Can't believe on Monday I'll be 30 weeks already. That's when I feel the countdown begins. I'm so impatient to meet him already but at the same time I'm worried about him being born during this pandemic. Especially when the girls go back to school the same time he's due. I'm so nervous for them to go back

30 weeks yesterday!
I’m getting nervous about our birthing options. The local hospitals do not have a NICU at all. The closest one with a NICU is about an hour and 15 away. Not that we will need a NICU but after having our stillborn son we were prepared to have last year, if anything were to go wrong with this healthy girl and we didn’t have the facilities to handle it, I will not be ok.
Also, I just got off the phone with our local L&D to see what the current policies are and if you have any symptoms of COVID they test you (which duh) but then if baby comes, they separate mom from baby until the results come back in. It can take 4-9 days for the results. Like I don’t think I can do that. That time is so important for bonding. On top of that the hospital with the NICU said they are all about skin to skin and that it’s up to the parents.
The other layer to this is that my daughter was a c-section, while my son (much smaller at 2lbs 4oz) was a vbac. The dr said to induce would put extra risk bc there is only so much they can do, so if we are to schedule anything it would be a c section, however if I go into labor naturally, then we can try for a v bac. Because of this extra layer, I am also inclined to go to the hospital with the NICU and the higher level L&D.
The other thing I’m worried about is that you get one birthing support person and once they are on the floor they are not allowed to leave the floor or they are not allowed back until I am discharged. We don’t have any sort of support system here. I have a friend and an aunt on call but they are both over an hour away in both directions.
Just a lot of stress right now.
My mom or my dhs sister can fly in so that will be helpful as long as I have a local person who can take DD quickly and temporarily until one of them can get here.

Sorry I haven’t been around. Last sat/sun I had a little spotting so went in on Sunday everything seemed fine but they went and organised a scan to check my placenta. So following Thursday I had my scan baby looked great then they did an internal to check if placenta is low lying. Well my cervix is funnelling and only 2cm long now :( I’ve had two steroid shots for baby’s lungs and I can go anytime now :cry: xx

Sorry I haven’t been around. Last sat/sun I had a little spotting so went in on Sunday everything seemed fine but they went and organised a scan to check my placenta. So following Thursday I had my scan baby looked great then they did an internal to check if placenta is low lying. Well my cervix is funnelling and only 2cm long now :( I’ve had two steroid shots for baby’s lungs and I can go anytime now :cry: xx
Omg, hopefully baby boy stays in there as long as possible!

Omg, hopefully baby boy stays in there as long as possible!

It’s a wee girl hun but thank you <3

it’s not looking great as seemingly it’s worse if it’s funnelling and short cervix rather than just short cervix. She’s already a good weight so that extra pressure not really good either and she’s only going to get bigger xx

It’s a wee girl hun but thank you <3

it’s not looking great as seemingly it’s worse if it’s funnelling and short cervix rather than just short cervix. She’s already a good weight so that extra pressure not really good either and she’s only going to get bigger xx
Omg sorry, you’re right it is a girl lol
Well hopefully the steroids and medicine will help keep her in longer but if she does come early, her lungs will have a boost

Omg sorry, you’re right it is a girl lol
Well hopefully the steroids and medicine will help keep her in longer but if she does come early, her lungs will have a boost

haha that’s ok hun I find it hard keeping up at the best of times. Yeah that’s true I just feel like it’s ruined my last experience :( I wanted to at least get to 38-39 weeks. I still have stuff to buy too xx

Had my 30+2 MFM followup today. Baby girl is measuring 2 weeks ahead except for her abdomen and head where she is measuring THREE weeks ahead. 4lb 2oz.
Omg I think we’re going to have to schedule a c section for 39 weeks and if I go earlier than that we’ll try for a VBac.

@wantingagirl what a worrying time for you. I hope your little princess stays in as long as possible. Another few weeks at least. Has this happened to you with previous pregnancy's?

@mindyb85 were you hoping for a vbac hun? How many more scans will you have for growth?
Well I had a vbac last year with our stillborn son but he was only 2lbs4oz at a little under 25 weeks. But I was hoping to have another one with this baby just because recovery time is sooo much faster.

@mindyb85 completely understandable. Really hope you get a natural birth. I had growth scans with my first because they thought she was going to be small but she was 6lbs 10oz born at 38 weeks which I think was normal.

Sorry I haven’t been active in the group I’ve been in Facebook jail for outting out a racist xx How are all the ladies doing?

I’m 31+2 and very nervous for birth. Excited but scared! Have not packed my hospital bag at all lol xx hoping soon I’ll get that done but my shared room nursery isn’t even done either :( I feel very unprepared haha

@Skyye It's ok...I don't think anyone has been active in the FB group last time I looked lol. Don't worry about the hospital bag too much...I didn't end up using most of the stuff I brought the first time anyway. Just make sure you have your charger, an outfit for baby to come home in, some comfy clothes to change into if you want while you're there, and any toiletries/makeup if you want. They provide a lot of stuff though. I didn't even use my son's nursery for several months bc it was easier to have him in a bassinet next to me, especially bc of breastfeeding. Even if I hadn't breastfed though, I liked checking on him right next to me. But if you don't want a bassinet, that's fine too. Try not to stress too much! It does not take as much stuff as they make you think to take care of a baby.

Doing ok here. 32w1d. I keep getting charley horses every morning, sleeping is uncomfortable, always have to pee, feeling slower/ more fatigued...but nothing horrible. Oh and my son isn't taking naps right now, so no breaks anymore ...yay. I haven't got much either as far as baby stuff. Most of our baby stuff for my son is in storage in another city. Right now I have some swaddles, a boppy (breastfeeding pillow/lounger), and a baby wrap carrier. I still need a bassinet, a swing, clothes, bath thing, and some little things, so going to try and get that stuff in the next couple weeks. It doesn't seem like family/friends really care when you have a second baby as far as getting stuff. If we hadn't moved, we wouldn't have needed much I guess, so can't blame them. Hope everyone else is doing alright! This covid stuff is still crazy here.

@Skyye It's ok...I don't think anyone has been active in the FB group last time I looked lol. Don't worry about the hospital bag too much...I didn't end up using most of the stuff I brought the first time anyway. Just make sure you have your charger, an outfit for baby to come home in, some comfy clothes to change into if you want while you're there, and any toiletries/makeup if you want. They provide a lot of stuff though. I didn't even use my son's nursery for several months bc it was easier to have him in a bassinet next to me, especially bc of breastfeeding. Even if I hadn't breastfed though, I liked checking on him right next to me. But if you don't want a bassinet, that's fine too. Try not to stress too much! It does not take as much stuff as they make you think to take care of a baby.

Doing ok here. 32w1d. I keep getting charley horses every morning, sleeping is uncomfortable, always have to pee, feeling slower/ more fatigued...but nothing horrible. Oh and my son isn't taking naps right now, so no breaks anymore ...yay. I haven't got much either as far as baby stuff. Most of our baby stuff for my son is in storage in another city. Right now I have some swaddles, a boppy (breastfeeding pillow/lounger), and a baby wrap carrier. I still need a bassinet, a swing, clothes, bath thing, and some little things, so going to try and get that stuff in the next couple weeks. It doesn't seem like family/friends really care when you have a second baby as far as getting stuff. If we hadn't moved, we wouldn't have needed much I guess, so can't blame them. Hope everyone else is doing alright! This covid stuff is still crazy here.
Yeah covid has f*cked up a lot of stuff...were so financially unstable It’s sad ): I’m so depressed about it. Same but idk if my calf tightening weirdly is a charley horse or something but man do they feel weird every morning. Thank you for the advice btw, hoping what we do have will work okay. I have no prayer though. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->